MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Possibly but I don't buy GSP having the quickness for 155 in this day and age.
    The fight would never be at 155, as GSP wouldn't make it.

MMANick

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    he got takedowns but they hurt him more than they hurt Bisping

takedowns are only good if you can dominate your opponent from the top

GSP was gassed and his face was a bloody mess (thanks to the takedowns and the elbows he took)
    The guy moved up 15 pounds to a weight class that he doesn't belong in and choked the champ unconscious. I'm sorry if I don't think he looked bad.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Gsp won like always. Not a surprise. He wins every fight. If aint broke dont fix it.i ended up down like $1500 this card was aids to me

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    The guy moved up 15 pounds to a weight class that he doesn't belong in and choked the champ unconscious. I'm sorry if I don't think he looked bad.
    GSP a legend guy is a pure athlete

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    GSP always walked around much heavier though, even back in the day. He is very conditioned at cutting weight.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Yoel vs GSP? What would this look like? If Yoel doesn't land clean, GSP could sneak that out unless Romero just physically mauls him.
    yoel isnt a top 3 MW for me
    but i think Romero would still be a slight fav in that

Rockhold, Whittaker, Weidman all beat him imo and id even take some darkhorses like Brunson over him imo
    i wouldve taken Jacare over him easily too but he didnt look great last fight and hes getting older as well so thats tough

im from Canada and GSP was one of the first fighters i ever watched as a kid , happy he won tonight for his legacy but i honestly wasnt super impressed by him or Bisping tonight imo , neither looked great .... And i dont think GSP can beat Tyron Woodley

GSPs best fight stylistically and money wise would be Mcgregor at 170

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    GSP always walked around much heavier though, even back in the day. He is very conditioned at cutting weight.
    GSP is a pro's pro

not buying the weight class excuse

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post

Money-wise, this makes the most sense.

nyrider88
    nyrider88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

gsp should fight demian maia. it will be the boringest fight ever

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    GSP is a pro's pro

not buying the weight class excuse
    It's no excuse. I remember way back when he fought Sean Sherk, it was said that he walked around over 200 pounds. If you can cut that kind of weight and fight without any issues, you have a gift. Fighting at 185 was probably a good thing at his age.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

yoel isnt a top 3 MW for me
    but i think Romero would still be a slight fav in that

Rockhold, Whittaker, Weidman all beat him imo and id even take some darkhorses like Brunson over him imo
    i wouldve taken Jacare over him easily too but he didnt look great last fight and hes getting older as well so thats tough

im from Canada and GSP was one of the first fighters i ever watched as a kid , happy he won tonight for his legacy but i honestly wasnt super impressed by him or Bisping tonight imo , neither looked great .... And i dont think GSP can beat Tyron Woodley

Idk, 3 round Yoel is a top 5 guy. Brunson is criminally underrated IMO. Everybody laughs about him running face first into Whitaker but the guy is legit. That was probably Brunson's best plan. Try to get an early KO with something wild because Whitaker would have pieced him up and his TD defense is excellent. Wow, the drop off after the top 8 or 9 at MW is REALLY bad. Hall and Vitor are 10-11

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

GSP beat the one of the lackluster fighter in the division, and still almost got his ass beat. I mean Bisping made bread for me against Rockhold, but that was luck, he beat an oldy moldy Silva and retiring Hendo, barely. Rockhold was more luck than anything. Yoel will murder him. Rockhold will prison rape him. This guy's cardio ain't built for 185.

He can't beat Woodley, and even Maia would pretzel his ass. Best option right now is to relinquish belt, cut weight, fight Mcgregor, make money, beat Mcgregor, and retire as upsetter.

On that note the night was nice, would've been nicer if GSP would've hit my TKO, but sub covered that fight cost, and still made me some bread.

However, my happiest moment of the night...

Win 11/4/17 11:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1237 Namajunas wins by TKO/KO +2500* vs Any other result

She rocked Karate Hottie before she subbed her, and while I had a few sub parlays, the TKO made all the difference...goddamn dem' odds were beautiful.

Unfortunately all my parlays with her were by sub, the TKO was a stand alone...damn it, but profit be profit...

TJ straight up was pure cash too, nice end to some early losses, but with Rose and TJ I cannot gripe, best PPV so far, and by far most profitable.
    Last edited by rsynweap84; 11-05-17 at 01:11 AM.

firekillex

regardless great night of fights... some huge upsets
    just my thoughts... GSP will not defend the 185 belt one time
    GSP vs Mcgregor will happen one day soon
    Claudia wants to take back her statement of taking time off because she would beat Thug rose / Andrade also has a big shot

any fighter who talks about being undefeated and staying that way forever losses

johnny hendricks still sucks

dustin porier vs anthony pettis is gonna be fireworks

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

You guys all forgot one thing regarding GSP & Dillashaw........

WRASTLERS RULE!!!

MMANick

How did GSP almost get his ass kicked?

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Card Total: 2-5, -3.39u
    YTD: 94-81, +12.55u
    Forgot to update the W-L record... not that it really matters:

YTD: 96-86, +12.55u

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I capped my ass off with this event and still lost.. Tough strange card over all if you bet every fight like me.. It happens but not often.. Ref stoppages, crazy robbery judging, and one shot KO's can happen in the Octagon with any event.. No guarantees ever when 2 men face off in the UFC Octagon at this level...

You play the percentages, strength of fighter and props you will win over time.. I got murdered in this event.. Still up on the year though and a good amount.. We are November so I'm good even with this event loss..
    Same Jibbs. It's frustrating when you spend all that time capping and then come out losing. Start to wonder what all that work was for.

Nonetheless, being up consistently in gambling whether big or small is a win in itself. On to the next one.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

same here.

cody losing screwed my night. I should have put more on paulo/blaydes parlay.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

great card, wow!!

hats off to GSP, Rose and Dillishaw

interesting how they were the more calm ones in interviews and leading up to the fight

had a feeling Rose would give JJ all she could handle(posted somewhere about it a few weeks ago on here) but I don't think anyone saw her winning in that fashion...very happy for her, she really has grown a lot mentally the past few years

the same could be said about TJ...he has learned to keep his emotions in check and he is going to be a very tough out going forward..

finally hats off to GSP..he overcame a lot of adversity outside and inside the octagon..he showed the heart of a champion and am very happy for him as well
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Better hope he gets that submission. Or else hes gettinf ktfo.. Also flipping to TJ Dillashaw too many on Cody G.
    Hehe James Vick.. Sharp as a tack.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Hehe James Vick.. Sharp as a tack.
    You said it from the start. Vick is one of my biggest betting enemies.. I always underestimate him and never have a good read. I need to just stop betting his fights.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Diilashaw, Ramos, and Rose all win by knock outs.. Go figure that? Those KO's are impossible to call I think. More likely the other way around in those fights I would have thought the KO's happened..

Was a crazy night of MMA indeed.. Then we had all the funky ref stoppages one after another that were odd...

If anyone won this event I'd say hats off to you!!!

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    You guys all forgot one thing regarding GSP & Dillashaw........

WRASTLERS RULE!!!
    Dillashaw is not a wrestler and did no wrestling in this fight...
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Hugo de Naranja 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

regardless great night of fights... some huge upsets
    just my thoughts... GSP will not defend the 185 belt one time
    GSP vs Mcgregor will happen one day soon
    Claudia wants to take back her statement of taking time off because she would beat Thug rose / Andrade also has a big shot

any fighter who talks about being undefeated and staying that way forever losses

johnny hendricks still sucks

dustin porier vs anthony pettis is gonna be fireworks
    Yup everyone loses in MMA. Only fighter I can think of with at least 5 UFC fights who is undefeated in their entire career is Nurmagomedov. Can you guys think of anyone else?

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Yup everyone loses in MMA. Only fighter I can think of with at least 5 UFC fights who is undefeated in their entire career is Nurmagomedov. Can you guys think of anyone else?
    only other guy i can think of is brian ortega
    a ton of undefeated fighters lost this year...

darren till undefeated still but he only has a few ufc fights

mma is a crazy game very hard to stay undefeated for long... imo from the cody/tj fight i think cody is the better fighter and was a perfect example of how somebody can get caught at any time
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

only other guy i can think of is brian ortega
    a ton of undefeated fighters lost this year...

darren till undefeated still but he only has a few ufc fights

mma is a crazy game very hard to stay undefeated for long... imo from the cody/tj fight i think cody is the better fighter and was a perfect example of how somebody can get caught at any time
    Dillishaw much more diverse, quicker and smarter

the only thing Cody has on him is power

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

All the GSP fight proved is that you are never out of a fight no matter how bad it looks. GSP was very bloodied, looked gas. Bisping the naturally bigger guy. And yet, all it took was one shot connecting, Bisping is stunned, and GSP pounces on him for the choke out.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    All the GSP fight proved is that you are never out of a fight no matter how bad it looks. GSP was very bloodied, looked gas. Bisping the naturally bigger guy. And yet, all it took was one shot connecting, Bisping is stunned, and GSP pounces on him for the choke out.
    Seems like half the fights on this card were like that.. One shot changed everything...

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

i thought cody was clearly faster and getting better in almost every single exchange , he got caught by the head kick and was hurt then got tagged by the hook... imo only thing dillashaw has on him is experience and a bit more tools / feints and setups

in a rematch id be on cody 100% , both are evenly matched but i think cody is a better fighter and is still growing , dillashaw lucky that 1st round ended or it wouldve been the other way around

JAKEPEAVY21

i thought cody was clearly faster and getting better in almost every single exchange , he got caught by the head kick and was hurt then got tagged by the hook... imo only thing dillashaw has on him is experience and a bit more tools / feints and setups

in a rematch id be on cody 100% , both are evenly matched but i think cody is a better fighter and is still growing , dillashaw lucky that 1st round ended or it wouldve been the other way around
    Cody is not smart enough and way too emotional to beat Dillishaw

just my .02

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Dill more well rounded.. TJ has the wrestling advantage even though he didn't use it in this fight..

I'm sure Cody was thinking of the take down threat and maybe that why he got caught.. Crouching more then normal, looking down alot perhaps and ready to sprawl... Wrestling advantages are big in MMA even when you don't use it.....

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    It also proved that gsp is a beast and thats why he has only lost once in the ufc.

Demonata

Dildo was so lucky dirst round ended he was getting tkod he was already rocked

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Dildo was so lucky dirst round ended he was getting tkod he was already rocked

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

I would argue you on quicker. Cody's hand speed was on display in round 1.

First ... 1718192021 Last