Betpoints: 3245

Rivera -150??????

Am I missing anything?

Josh, should I add more to it?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Pickett is getting action because a) its in London; b) The ''plan'' is for Pickett to fight smart and strategically and use his underrated grappling - I put plan in inverted commas because Pickett often goes against the gameplan and just throws down - and when he's in London in front of home ground the temptation to do this is increased. However, he now has a wife and kid and will be on a 4 fight losing streak if he loses this so his main priority is to just win this so he can keep his job; c) Rivera is taking this on reasonably short notice

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Pickett is getting action because a) its in London; b) The ''plan'' is for Pickett to fight smart and strategically and use his underrated grappling - I put plan in inverted commas because Pickett often goes against the gameplan and just throws down - and when he's in London in front of home ground the temptation to do this is increased. However, he now has a wife and kid and will be on a 4 fight losing streak if he loses this so his main priority is to just win this so he can keep his job; c) Rivera is taking this on reasonably short notice

So whats the play brah?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

well i took Pickett by decision earlier in week when it was +390 as I new it wouldnt stay that high (now +327). The mostly likely outcome is Rivera TKO but I dont think it occurs 43% of the time like odds suggest

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    well i took Pickett by decision earlier in week when it was +390 as I new it wouldnt stay that high (now +327). The mostly likely outcome is Rivera TKO but I dont think it occurs 43% of the time like odds suggest
    Rivera is also a tad bit vulnerable for my liking as well. Ups got hurt by lineker, ops got hurt in they eye and choked out. And when he loose he often gets finished, hes doesnt have that diaz-brother mentality who never quits. He gives up, so if he happens to end up in a war with pickett, im not sure he is the one that gets the better of the situation. I was on rivera big early, but then found out its not worth it..

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Pickett has lost a lot of physical ability and reaction time. Very good chance Rivera tags him and if he does, this fight should be over quick. Rivera needs a win here too bad. He could keep himself firmly in the top 15 with a win and who knows with an impressive performance. Boxer with a slowed reaction time facing an animal who has huge power in his hands. Granted, the boxer has the better ground game in this fight but I think Pickett gets dropped somewhere along the way

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Was doing well against Almeida tho, dropped him at one point