TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I feel pretty much the same way. Really round three was the only round that wasn't decisive. But what I remember most about that round was how Lawler was like a recessed turtle taking a water break, he hardly threw anything at all. He was clearly saving his energy for round 5. In no way could I give him round 3, a draw at best. I didn't really see a 10-8 round, round 5 would've been the closest but Condit never tasted mat in that round.

Overall it was a 48-47 or 47-47 fight, so its not unfathomable that the fight went to Lawler. Fights this close are open to interpretation and subjectiveness
    Lawler did the same thing in the 2nd as he did in the 3rd. He just happened to land a punch or two that landed square. Outside of that condit clearly won round 2 as well

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

All lawler does is sit still and land one big shot a round can't wait til he loses

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I like Lawler, he had a good post fight interview. I think he knows he got lucky again, so he did the right thing and complemented Condit the whole time. He's an older fighter that seems like he's just enjoying being introduced as the "reigning, defending and undisputed welterweight champion of the world!!!!!"

Cant blame the guy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    All lawler does is sit still and land one big shot a round can't wait til he loses
    Should be an easy game plan for you to take him out then

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Should be an easy game plan for you to take him out then
    yep takedowns and more volume.... wait, people have already done that but didn't get their hand raised...
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave TPowell 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

It wasn't a bad decision. Lawler hurt Condit a lot more than Condit hurt him. Round 5 was complete domination by Lawler, and it's surprising that Condit wasn't knocked out. If you scored the fight as a whole like in Pride, you'd have to say that Lawler won it.

I realize that there is a case for saying that Condit won rounds 1, 3 and 4, and thus should win the fight by 48-47. But you don't want to take the belt from the champion when the fight is so close.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    It wasn't a bad decision. Lawler hurt Condit a lot more than Condit hurt him. Round 5 was complete domination by Lawler, and it's surprising that Condit wasn't knocked out. If you scored the fight as a whole like in Pride, you'd have to say that Lawler won it.

I realize that there is a case for saying that Condit won rounds 1, 3 and 4, and thus should win the fight by 48-47. But you don't want to take the belt from the champion when the fight is so close.
    This isn't god damn PRIDE, its the penetrating UFC. Learn the rules. The champion doesn't get special privillges when he obviously lost the fight and GTFO with that BS that Robbie dominated round 5. He had a 1 minute stretch where he looked really good

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

condit dominated the 1st round through the 4th round, they both beat each others ass in the 5th round, but lawler did more damage with his strikes and won the 5th.......you can make a a very small case for giving the 2nd round to lawler based on the knock down, but beside that one punch he was dominated the rest of that round, you cant win a round with one punch when you got your ass kicked up and down the cage the rest of the round, as he was in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.....on my score card lawler barley won 1 round, he barley lost the 2nd round, and he got dominated the other 3 rounds....how 2 judges gave lawler 3 rounds, is a complete mind fuk, its like the twiight zone....condit couldnt have fought a more perfect fight, lawler had a terrible game plan, to wait and try to knock out a guy with one punch, a guy in condit that is impossible to get knocked out with one punch, he took entire rounds off as expected from him, instead of trying to mix in takedowns, he just tryed to load up on one punch, and he lost in dominate fashion becuase of his poor choices, poor cardio, and low output, but the judges still gave it to him....anyone that says this fight was close, is a absolute fu.cking moron, condit is champ.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-03-16 at 02:17 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: iceman86

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Rd 1: Close Condit, but close.. He hits him with an upjab and pushes him, there was no legit knockdown.
    Rd 2: Clear Lawler, demolishes Condit with that hook and big ground and pound.
    Rd 3: Very close... Lawler did more damage, Carlos threw a lot more, most of which was slipped/checked. Difference is that Lawler
    actually slips while Carlos throws at him, and doesnt wait til after getting hit with a big bomb to stand around trying to look slick. Slight edge Condit on output maybe?
    Rd 4: Condit clear. Hurts him on the cage and flurries.
    Rd 5: Lawler clear, Can't believe Carlos stayed standing for that shit.. Condit did some work on the inside, but got absolutely blasted.

Very very close. Had no problem with it going to Lawler to be honest. All comes down to Rd 3.

Watched it with sound off though, I'm sure Rogan was sucking off Condit herky jerky movement and ineffective kicks off like a 2 dollar hooker though. Less movement coach, more boxing coach, Condit. He had the tools to take this fighter much easier.

Anyone calling this the robbery of the century or whatever are as dumb as the hendricks/GSP whiners, about a tossup fight.

Joeey
    Joeey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    The 'you have to take the belt from the champion' is the silliest argument ever - but even more laughable in this case as Lawler wouldnt even be the champion if you subscribed to this sillyness.

Joeey
    Joeey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

may need to rewatch, but as per my notes the 3rd was a clear condit round. From memory, Lawler just didnt do enough at all.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Whats ironic is how much they love Mighty Mouse who outworks every opponent and wins and his high output is praised and revered. Condit outworked Robbie greatly with combos, knees, kicks punches etc. All we hear though is lawlers few punches were more significant.
    Losing faith in UFC for me.

The Kraken

Yep, inconsistency is a HUGH problem the judges are facing. They arbitrarily get to decide when working hard matters, and when the hard work is simply "ineffective", even though Condit rocked Lawler twice and floored him twice more with kicks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No gambling sharps ever bet that sport it's the difference between you guys and me

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No gambling sharps ever bet that sport it's the difference between you guys and me

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Don't get it twisted, jj. The difference between us and you is a head full of hair and 5".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Don't get it twisted, jj. The difference between us and you is a head full of hair and 5".
    We talking height or length?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

We talking height or length?

The Kraken

Thanks Nino, nothing like a cartoon to make a man feel inadequate

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I mean did Turmenov really win? lol....after these decisions i knew to tread lightly on the main event ...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I mean did Turmenov really win? lol....after these decisions i knew to tread lightly on the main event ...
    Did he really lose? The answer is NO...I know what you mean though

Total strikes Turmenov:
    76 landed out of 194

Total strikes Larkin:
    69 landed out of 155'

So yeah Turmenov did win, but not decisively

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Carlos Condit is the real champ. Also look for a welter-weight contender named Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson this year!! He'll fukking take that belt.
    Last edited by UncleChael; 01-04-16 at 01:03 PM.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

u guys are a buncha butt hurt morons. was close fight. 3rd rnd was close and i gave it to lawler based on doin more damage. all the fight metric stats is bullsht. most of that sht did no damage. condit nearly got finished in final round. real fights are judged on damage and who is winning at the end. not bs points. pointfighting is for pansies

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

agree---all he does is FIGHT his ass off man....every TIME...
    I like Lawler, he had a good post fight interview. I think he knows he got lucky again, so he did the right thing and complemented Condit the whole time. He's an older fighter that seems like he's just enjoying being introduced as the "reigning, defending and undisputed welterweight champion of the world!!!!!"

Cant blame the guy

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Thanks Nino, nothing like a cartoon to make a man feel inadequate

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Carlos Condit is the real champ. Also look for a welter-weight contender named Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson this year!! He'll fukking take that belt.
    Wonderboy is a queer. He'd get wrestle fukked by a number of gueys in WW. Just a flashy striker

jake3pkkpkwpk
    jake3pkkpkwpk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3825

I think it is time to use more judges like Joe suggested

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    u guys are a buncha butt hurt morons. was close fight. 3rd rnd was close and i gave it to lawler based on doin more damage. all the fight metric stats is bullsht. most of that sht did no damage. condit nearly got finished in final round. real fights are judged on damage and who is winning at the end. not bs points. pointfighting is for pansies
    ....your a clown. some people's faces show damage differently and at slower periods hen others. Yes his face looked fine during fight but 15 minutes later here are how all the non-damage kicks, knees, elbows and punches did.

BS points...lol
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-16 at 08:21 AM. Reason: image does not exist

getlucky2win
    faded

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    ....your a clown. some people's faces show damage differently and at slower periods hen others. Yes his face looked fine during fight but 15 minutes later here are how all the non-damage kicks, knees, elbows and punches did.

BS points...lol
    . lmao.
    i said nothing about their faces
    lawler landed the more powerful, flush, cleaner connecting strikes and inflicted more damage with the few shots he landed.. he had condit hurt badly and nearly finished him. sure condit did some damage but not as much. and wasnt close to finishing. get into a real fight one day and maybe u would understand
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-16 at 08:21 AM. Reason: image does not exist

JoshKnows46

. lmao.
    i said nothing about their faces
    lawler landed the more powerful, flush, cleaner connecting strikes and inflicted more damage with the few shots he landed.. he had condit hurt badly and nearly finished him. sure condit did some damage but not as much. and wasnt close to finishing. get into a real fight one day and maybe u would understand
    condit hurt him 3 times in that fight, so thats either a blatant lie, or selective memory, which one?
    aren't you the same guy that bet 20k on both duffy and lawler?, if so, I wouldnt expect you to understanding fighting or how its scored, or to be able to notice a obvious robbery. doesn't matter how you want fights to be scored, there is a scoring system in place, and under this scoring system, condit won this fight, and IT WAS NOT CLOSE.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-06-16 at 04:00 AM.

getlucky2win
    faded

U are a retard. Not going to waste my time arguing with imbeciles. Lawler 2, 3, 5.
    When I lost a load on Pearson v Sanchez. That was a robbery

JoshKnows46

U are a retard. Not going to waste my time arguing with imbeciles. Lawler 2, 3, 5.
    When I lost a load on Pearson v Sanchez. That was a robbery
    the guy that bet on poiror and condit is the retard, i guess in your reality that makes sense...lawlar arguably lost the first 4 rounds, only landing 1 solid punch in the 2nd, rest of the round was dominated by condit, as was the 1,3,and 4...you can either score that fight 49-46 condit, or 48-47 condit, depending how you saw the 2nd round, the other four rounds were clear, 3 rounds for condit, 1 round for lawlar, 2nd questionable ...no other outcomes makes sense. 85% of the public polled, 20 of 25 media outlets, and dana white agree with me. you are in the 15% minority that are blind and stupid fu.cks, or fans of robbie or had a bet of robbie.

First 12