THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm (November 14, 2015)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET

Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm (for women's bantamweight title)
    Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valerie Letourneau (for strawweight title)
    Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva
    Uriah Hall vs. Robert Whittaker
    Jared Rosholt vs. Stefan Struve

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Akbarh Arreola vs. Jake Matthews
    Kyle Noke vs. Peter Sobotta
    Anthony Perosh vs. Gian Villante
    Danny Martinez vs. Richie Vaculik

UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 p.m. ET
    James Moontasri vs. Brendan O'Reilly
    Daniel Kelly vs. Steve Montgomery
    Steven Kennedy vs. Richard Walsh
    Ryan Benoit vs. Ben Nguyen

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 10-05-15 at 02:09 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Unwritten Law gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Looking forward to seeing Joanna fight. Couldn't care less about the main event.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Holm by triangle, believe it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Holm by triangle, believe it
    Holm has been working on her ground and has the long limbs but the triangle is not happening...
    1035 Holm wins by submission +3225

Rousey by armbar is my call... Rousey isn't gonna wanna stand for too long against Holm either.. To the ground it goes with a hip toss.. Outside chance for a Rousey pound out stoppage on the ground and not the arm bar though..

I really need to start paying attention to the "any other result" when betting these props.. I've never bet that side of the props and just realizing the value now in some of them...

FOR example - with this Rousey wins by sub prop below - If Rousey wins by KO, Decision or any other way possible you win +170 on your bet.. I'm still learning MMA betting fellas after all this time!!!

Will start paying attention to these abstract "other result" prop MMA bets.. Money to be made...

Sat 11/14 1039 Rousey wins by submission -230
    11:00PM 1040 Any other result +170
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-05-15 at 09:27 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i would love to bet Hunt but this fat fuker might not have even started camp yet.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 10-07-15 at 09:08 AM.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Holly is very smart. She will not do what some of the other girls have done. Miesha, Cat, Beth, and Alexis all had horrible game plans. Holly will use lateral movement and Ronda knows this. Holly has to get in and out. I actually think she can pull it off if she fights a perfect fight. Remember Ronda is a clinch girl. She needs to be close. She doesn't shoot from far out like wrestlers.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave CaptChaos145 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Holly is very smart. She will not do what some of the other girls have done. Miesha, Cat, Beth, and Alexis all had horrible game plans. Holly will use lateral movement and Ronda knows this. Holly has to get in and out. I actually think she can pull it off if she fights a perfect fight. Remember Ronda is a clinch girl. She needs to be close. She doesn't shoot from far out like wrestlers.
    But only in theory. She will get clinched, taken down and submitted. If Rousey refuse to take her down despite being litted up on the feet, then maybe. But why would she do that if she can easily win by just go for one single takedown? If Holly holm had power as well i would give her a fair chance. I agree she appears very smart, but at this point nothing can save her unfortunately.

THE_LOCKSMITH

on to the next one...

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14022

3 team parlay-Rhonda-Joanna-jake Matthews let's see -1600 to -1800 to -650 gonna try it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    3 team parlay-Rhonda-Joanna-jake Matthews let's see -1600 to -1800 to -650 gonna try it
    Chances are this 3 teamer hits.. GL..

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Give me Big Foot Silva @ +221 ALL DAY!
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave UncleChael 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Holm has been working on her ground and has the long limbs but the triangle is not happening...
    1035 Holm wins by submission +3225

Rousey by armbar is my call... Rousey isn't gonna wanna stand for too long against Holm either.. To the ground it goes with a hip toss.. Outside chance for a Rousey pound out stoppage on the ground and not the arm bar though..

I really need to start paying attention to the "any other result" when betting these props.. I've never bet that side of the props and just realizing the value now in some of them...

FOR example - with this Rousey wins by sub prop below - If Rousey wins by KO, Decision or any other way possible you win +170 on your bet.. I'm still learning MMA betting fellas after all this time!!!

Will start paying attention to these abstract "other result" prop MMA bets.. Money to be made...

Okay, Rousey wins ITD Obvs. SO it's 50/50 between the ko and Sub, why would u play that lol? Rousey wins by sub though.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Feel that Holly has been fed the champ a fight or two too soon. She'll probably put on a valiant effort but it won't be enough to get the win. This is like Horiguchi vs Mini Mouse. Will be rooting for Holly but just don't see her getting past Ronda.

I like Gian Villante over the 43 year old Perosh at -350. Perhaps adding him to the 3 teamer mentioned above (Rousey/Joanna/Matthews).

Also considering Urijah Hall and Ryan Benoit. Hall is very confident right now offering to fight on short notices and willing to travel throughout the country to do so. This will be his 5th fight this year.

THE_LOCKSMITH

last Rousey fight did a supposed 900K buys, wonder how much this will do
    Attached Images  

mirinquads

Who gives a shit?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Feel that Holly has been fed the champ a fight or two too soon. She'll probably put on a valiant effort but it won't be enough to get the win. This is like Horiguchi vs Mini Mouse. Will be rooting for Holly but just don't see her getting past Ronda.

I like Gian Villante over the 43 year old Perosh at -350. Perhaps adding him to the 3 teamer mentioned above (Rousey/Joanna/Matthews).

Also considering Urijah Hall and Ryan Benoit. Hall is very confident right now offering to fight on short notices and willing to travel throughout the country to do so. This will be his 5th fight this year.
    Good calls Unwritten..

Agreed with the Villante and Hall plays.. Both should win their fights...

Value with Hall for sure... He is fighting very confident and on a roll right now.. Won 5 of his last 6 fights and now on a 2 fight win streak.. Beating Mousasi was big.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Uriah-Hall-14210

Robert Whittaker is a very tough out but I figure if Wonder Boy can KO Whittaker so can Hall with his funky kicks and what not...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Robert-Whittaker-45132

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Okay, Rousey wins ITD Obvs. SO it's 50/50 between the ko and Sub, why would u play that lol? Rousey wins by sub though.
    Is it 50/50 for the KO or Sub win for Rousey?

Rousey has been looking for the KO's in fights either standing or via the pound out on the ground.. 3 of her last 4 fights ended with the KO.. So the Rousey wins by submission -230 compared to any other result at +170 I believe has value..

Sure Rousey can sink in the arm bar but I don't think it's a 50/50 chance when considering any other result in the fight..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jared Roshold should simply grapple fock Skyscraper.. At +118 I think he is the call..

Roshold probably also wins this fight on points and by decision if I had to guess with Struve on his back the entire fight..

1407 Rosholt wins by 3 round decision +175

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Jared Roshold should simply grapple fock Skyscraper.. At +118 I think he is the call..

Roshold probably also wins this fight on points and by decision if I had to guess with Struve on his back the entire fight..

Its not a really bad bet at +175, but with struves experience + grappling acumen its not a very good bet either. If you continuously have a lot of these bets they usually eat up profits. I usually have 2 or or maybe three main plays, and then these types of bets make up for 20% of the amount risked, max. This event is particularly bad for betting, because so many fighters on the event are losers with 50% win and lose records. Those cant be trusted, they are unstable and should make people hesitant to wager. From now on and to christmas there are 7 events left, sucks to start with red numbers on a good card (which many of the last events are), just because you couldnt keep your wee wee in your mufackin pants.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Its not a really bad bet at +175, but with struves experience + grappling acumen its not a very good bet either. If you continuously have a lot of these bets they usually eat up profits. I usually have 2 or or maybe three main plays, and then these types of bets make up for 20% of the amount risked, max. This event is particularly bad for betting, because so many fighters on the event are losers with 50% win and lose records. Those cant be trusted, they are unstable and should make people hesitant to wager. From now on and to christmas there are 7 events left, sucks to start with red numbers on a good card (which many of the last events are), just because you couldnt keep your wee wee in your mufackin pants.
    I can't argue your logic..

My deal is - I bet larger on the straight wins.. I then bet very small with the props with value.. I don't often load up on prop bets unless it's a lock..

For example - I'll probably bet $200 on Rosholt to win straight up at +118, and then bet another $50 on the prop "win by decision" at the +175..

So now if Rosholt wins the fight and not by decision and I lose the prop I still walk away with a nice win because of the larger straight win bet..

Struve has a decent guard and you just know Rosholt is gonna work for take downs and get them all fight long.. He should man handle Struve in this fight.. Most likely Rosholt wins the fight and by decision unless Struve lands a bomb on the chin late or locks up a lucky submission which is not likely to happen..

Outside chance Rosholt could finish Struve with the ground and pound also but that's not likely to happen because of Struve's long guard...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-09-15 at 05:13 PM.

Thor4140

This is the only time i actually thought someone had a chance to beat Rousey. Very slim but a chance. I think Rhonda will get picked apart standing. She will impose her will but that bull rushing boxing style works well with girls who have no skills and less brains. Holly will side step that nonsense. If she only had some power i would be all over her. I can see Rhonda fighting as dumb as most of the girls who have fought her. Trying to prove she can stand with Holly. This won't be a one rounder.

Thor4140

Anyone know if Hunt is under 400 lbs?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Anyone know if Hunt is under 400 lbs?
    Lol..

Not a bad question as Hunt barely made the weight in his last fight.. http://www.mmamania.com/2015/5/11/85...o-injuries-mma

Big Foot Silva - Their first fight went 5 rounds to a draw 2 years ago and Hunt isn't getting any younger..

I think ya gotta try Silva at +odds even without the test injections in the rematch... Silva is on the one fight win streak.. lol.. He did look decent though against Soa Palelei. Hey, but it's always a real gamble betting on Big Foot Silva against anyone with big punching power..

Bigfoot Silva has to be the smart play here I think... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Antonio-Silva-12354
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-09-15 at 07:06 PM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Yeah. Hunt cut down to 265 in his last fight.

Afterward he said he would never do it again.

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Give me Big Foot Silva @ +221 ALL DAY!
    Meh. Wtf do I know. Retired. It's MMA anything could happen. I don't care who wins, but I know it will be great.

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

Mmmmm. Look at dem titties jiggle.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Beware th HippO!

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    That boxing technique makes my penis even more flaccid that that man body.. Yikes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit

Thor4140

if i knew hunt was just half serious and in halfway decent shape he would knock Silva senseless. Jibby Silva looked awful his last fight. His opponent happen to put on the worst performance i have ever witness in MMA. Prolly why he got out of the sports. Pitiful. Silva off the juice wouldn't last a minute against Hunt if Hunt was serious. For all i know Hunt may be coming right from the tap room to the fight. Then after he wins a hard five round fight where he gassed after 1 he can tell us all about it giggling while i wagered my money on him. no thanks.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Event write ups - Lock and load boys!!!

Mmm mania prelims Part 1 - http://www.mmamania.com/2015/11/9/96...-melbourne-mma

Bleacher report main card preview - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nd-predictions

Combat Press - http://combatpress.com/2015/11/toe-t...d-predictions/

UncleChael

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ummm am I missing something here? I remember Bigfoot Silva and Hunt fighting to a draw in a 5 round fight 2 years ago.. Just happened to look at the 1.5 over in this fight and the odds are set at +160... My eyes lit up..

I understand these are big guys with suspect chins, but I also remember betting large in the 1st fight that it wouldn't go the 5 round distance and I lost my asss... That loss left me scratching my head... Now I see this over line....

What do you do with this? Do you take the over now at favorable odds or is it a sucker bet?

UFC 193 - Heavyweight 3 rounds - Etihad Stadium - Melbourne, Australia - PPV
    Sat 11/14 1201 Antonio Silva +225 o1½ +160
    11:00PM 1202 Mark Hunt -265 u1½ -185

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Ummm am I missing something here? I remember Bigfoot Silva and Hunt fighting to a draw in a 5 round fight 2 years ago.. Just happened to look at the 1.5 over in this fight and the odds are set at +160... My eyes lit up..
    When Bigfoot and Hunt last met, Bigfoot was on TRT.

With TRT banned, Bigfoot has no way to treat his medical condition and has looked like a vastly inferior version of himself.

Bigfoot has a condition where tumors form on his pituitary gland and need to be surgically removed intermittently. AFAIK, the pituitary gland is the organ responsible for producing testosterone in the body. Over time Bigfoot has had pieces of his gland removed to treat his medical condition and with TRT banned its been hampering his ability to fight.

Whether or not Bigfoot might find a legal way to raise his testosterone to where it needs to be for him to be 100%, I'm clueless.

But in Bigfoot's fights post TRT ban he has looked vulnerable and just not like the same fighter, most will probably go with the under expecting Hunt to finish Bigfoot with the first solid punch he lands as Bigfoot's chin has looked suspect once he got off the TRT.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I would lean the over but wouldn't get too crazy. Hunt's chin can go past 1 round but can't really say that about Big Foot. If somebody wins in the first I'm betting it's Hunt. His 3 KO losses occurred in the 3rd vs Jr Dos Santos; 2nd vs Werdum, and 5th vs Miocic.

Meanwhile Big Foot has displayed his glass chin in the 1st round against Mir; Arlovski; Cain, and Cormier.

1234 ... Last