Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Pipe down JJgold.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Those of u doubting me for saying he is not top 25 all time, why dont you go to boxing.com and look at their list top 100 boxers in history. Then go to espn.com then bleacher report. Find him in the top 25 please. If i know he is not top 25 then they know it too. Do u guys realize that there are so many guys in history who were great fighters who lost at least 5 fights in their careers? Do u understand that going undefeated doesntmake u great just like losing doesnt mean u are not great.

Go find a reputable site that ranks him top 25 in history and for every site u find i will show u 3-4 sites who do not.

learn boxing then come talk to me.
    my thought on thetop 25 was his weight classes not every weight class

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    my thought on thetop 25 was his weight classes not every weight class
    Thor i like you as a poster and respect you but that's bullsheet. of course i was talking every weight class.

when you make a list of greatest nba players, you do so regardless of position (jordan as a guard, wilt was a center, russell a center, etc etc)

when you talk fighters you do the same thing. you rank them regardless of weight class.

you can search the internet up and down and you will be hard pressed to find a single reputable website that ranks him top 25.

i am not basing my opinion on that, i am basing my opinion on over 30 yrs watching the fight game closely AND my historical knowledge going back to jack johnson in the early 1900s

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Still waiting on prime HOF caliber fighters he ducked while at same weight.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Still waiting on prime HOF caliber fighters he ducked while at same weight.
    he's been ducking pacquiao for north of 5 years. He ducked mosley til mosley was a corpse. Same with de la hoya. Why do u think arum split from him. He could have gone up or down in weight to make fights happen like so many greats have like manny, dlh, trinidad, hopkins and on and on and on.

If u dont think he carefully handpicks opponents while ducking the greats in their prime, then u dont deserve to talk boxing with me.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Thor i like you as a poster and respect you but that's bullsheet. of course i was talking every weight class.

when you make a list of greatest nba players, you do so regardless of position (jordan as a guard, wilt was a center, russell a center, etc etc)

when you talk fighters you do the same thing. you rank them regardless of weight class.

you can search the internet up and down and you will be hard pressed to find a single reputable website that ranks him top 25.

i am not basing my opinion on that, i am basing my opinion on over 30 yrs watching the fight game closely AND my historical knowledge going back to jack johnson in the early 1900s
    No bullshit If someone said Tyson was top twenty i would think they meant top twenty heavyweights. That is what i thought with the Mayweather quote.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

he's been ducking pacquiao for north of 5 years. He ducked mosley til mosley was a corpse. Same with de la hoya. Why do u think arum split from him. He could have gone up or down in weight to make fights happen like so many greats have like manny, dlh, trinidad, hopkins and on and on and on.

If u dont think he carefully handpicks opponents while ducking the greats in their prime, then u dont deserve to talk boxing with me.
    Agree, I think he did move up to fight Arturo but by then Thunder wasn't the same.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by dfish View Post
    Agree, I think he did move up to fight Arturo but by then Thunder wasn't the same.
    It was gattis 6th loss and he 9 Np 6 fought 3 more times losing twice incl to Carlos baldomir for crying out loud

dfish
    Sea Pines

Yes that's my point , he never would have fought Arturo before Ward trilogy .

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How about that Terry Norris ???

dfish
    Sea Pines

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How about that Terry Norris ???
    He lost to Rosenblatt , the pride of Malden Mass.
    Fish was there !
    You should be the boxing mod pal

jjgold

Fisher I am smarter than I look

Even Quincy Taylor was tough

Norris was a tough fuk..even his brother was
    incredible athlete

dfish
    Sea Pines

jjgold

fisher here is an epic Norris Story..its all true

go look it up

He was an incredible baseball player in HS..many scholarships until a racial brawl on field and he put 3 guys in the hospital

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You're funny. They box to eat not bragging rights so fans can have their fill, I can a hundred fights I wish I could have seen but I understand.

dfish
    Sea Pines

Yes, will do
    So many dark stories with this sport but I belive he is doing better then most.
    Great thread

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You're funny. They box to eat not bragging rights so fans can have their fill, I can a hundred fights I wish I could have seen but I understand.
    No superstar boxer in recent history as in the past 30 yrs has ducked so many opponents and at the same no dude has been as cocky as mayweather since ali. At least ali fought all comers. Mayweather will be very disappointed to know how tarnished his legacy is when he retires

jjgold

Sugar Ray Leonard was the master of ducking guys in their prime

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sugar Ray Leonard was the master of ducking guys in their prime
    Come on coach u don t believe that

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Mayweather is one of the greatest defensive fighters of all time. He is not, however, one of the greatest of all time.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

plenty of good to very good boxers even some great ones the past 20 yrs. floyd was a master at DUCKING them in their prime. he waited till they were all old. or he fought guys like canelo way too early (canelo was only 22)
    lolz... he is 37 now and past his own prime.. how many more years do you want him to age before fighting people? he is older than paq, ffs...

nobody cares about the top 25 or 50 lists...they are loaded with many of those early/mid century guys who would get absolutely curb stomped by guys from the last 30-40 years.. you hate mayweather, we get it, but your opinion of him is as off as your opinion of fsu football was... and that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay off buddy

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    lolz... he is 37 now and past his own prime.. how many more years do you want him to age before fighting people? he is older than paq, ffs...

nobody cares about the top 25 or 50 lists...they are loaded with many of those early/mid century guys who would get absolutely curb stomped by guys from the last 30-40 years.. you hate mayweather, we get it, but your opinion of him is as off as your opinion of fsu football was... and that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay off buddy
    What about my opinion of OHIO STATE plus the points vs Bama AND Oregon. two straight up underdog winners.

my college football analysis was spot on

go look up all of my posted college football since i started posting 2013

64% posted ATS

i'm a motherfukking killer

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

lolz... i dont remember your analysis involving a team you ml bet, losing by 40, but nice deflection... if you knew half as much about boxing as you thought, i would consider your opinion... as it is, its just hate for the guy.. goodluck betting against him

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    lolz... i dont remember your analysis involving a team you ml bet, losing by 40, but nice deflection... if you knew half as much about boxing as you thought, i would consider your opinion... as it is, its just hate for the guy.. goodluck betting against him
    Ive never once bet against mayweather. I've bet on him 7 times and won all 7 obviously. I bet on him because I know he hand picks his opponents who have no strengths that can concern him.

I've said at least twice in this thread that he's a tremendous talent. The fact remains that he avoids the toughest competition in their prime. It's a fact and its why he's so disliked by boxing fanatics like myself

jjgold

Bottom line of the thread Mayweather would have many loses in The Sugar Ray era just way too many good and strong fighters

The black man boxed more in those days and of course as we all now are 10000x stronger than white or Hispanic fighters

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Roberto "hands of stone" Durant would ktfo mayweather.

jjgold

Swaggy of course..they were all killers like 8 of them

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI Follow Two sources say Pacquiao, Mayweather sides are still slogging through lingering issues. No timetable, just say that no deal completed.
    Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI Follow There continues to be cautious optimism that a deal gets done. But we have been down this road before: It isn't done until it's done.

SiriusXM Boxing @SiriusXMBoxing Follow As per @stephenasmith, if @FloydMayweather-@MannyPacquiao is not announced by Sunday, it won't happen anytime soon. #boxing

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

homie1975....What do you think the line will be if Mayweather and Pacquiao fight? Who do you think would win?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    homie1975....What do you think the line will be if Mayweather and Pacquiao fight? Who do you think would win?
    Mayweather -300
    Pacquiao +240

jjgold

Pacquiao is not allowed to win

Why… Because they're going to fight twice

And both retire

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Mayweather -300
    Pacquiao +240
    I just wanted to see what home1975 had to say. I'm actually surprised by that line.
    The last couple of months i have been posting lines on sports sites, usually at -200 and people thought that was ridiculous

LT Profits

I just wanted to see what home1975 had to say. I'm actually surprised by that line.
    The last couple of months i have been posting lines on sports sites, usually at -200 and people thought that was ridiculous
    Line has been up for about two weeks on 5 Dimes, it may have opened smaller but line above is current. Not sure what date stipulation is, it does not say, instead listing fight as May 2nd as if it is done deal (which it is not).

jjgold

If the fight happens load up on Mayweather

homie1975

If if if the fight is made I will post a pick.

If they had fought in 2010 or 2011 I would've taken pacquiao straight up. No question in my.mind. but his skills have deteriorated which is why mayweather 'appears' ready to take the fight now.

Does that last line sound familiar? ?

Mayweather the duck

First 123456 Last