yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by kornuts View Post
    It's also official, alves indeed has no balls. I don't know any guy who has their nuts kicked in and yet able to spread their legs the way Alves did when he sat down on the mat. He wasn't even trying to rub the pain away.
    he was faking the whole way

begging for stoppages for various reasons "he hurt my feelings" "my groin hurts" "his finger was near my eye"

both stoppages were questionable

Alves: "PUT HIM IN TIMEOUT! He's being mean to me."

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by kornuts View Post
    Brazilian fighters have the best home advantage. From just recollections, (if someone have the stats on wins for brazilians fighting in brazil, it would be great) it seems brazilians win 75% of the time in decisions at home. Who do you guys think have the best home advantage? Canada or brazil?

No way alves won unanimously. He won the 1st, split in 2nd, 3rd was definitely jouban. It could have gone either way for a split decision, but no way a unanimous one.
    To a novice little phaget. such as yourself that fight was close. 29-28 alves won. Shit pal let the experts judge the fights. Go back to squeezing your zits in the mirror....boy.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Those were good plays from people here I saw on OSP.

and I liked those other plays from people on this forum I saw on Caio Magalhaes, Diego Rivas , and Leandro Silva

They ask me who was the one who closed that Diego Rivas line with that late small steam surge and I saw how that line was gonna be sloppily invaded after a lazy opener with limited footage but then I said

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

This card was a joke, the only decent fight was pulled, and main event lasted 34 sec. luckily the aussie card made up for it.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    This card was a joke, the only decent fight was pulled, and main event lasted 34 sec. luckily the aussie card made up for it.
    You can't expect every card to be the best card ever. It's fighting- whatever happens happens.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    You can't expect every card to be the best card ever. It's fighting- whatever happens happens.
    I don't expect anything brah. i just stated the card sucked.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 11-09-14 at 03:08 PM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

If you're happy receiving regional-level MMA shows from the UFC, then that's your problem. This card was shit before it even started.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    If you're happy receiving regional-level MMA shows from the UFC, then that's your problem. This card was shit before it even started.
    That was basically the stated plan of the FightPass plan and the extra million cards they're throwing out there.

I'd rather they have a smaller feeder organization where lesser known fighters could compete, perhaps they could call it World Extreme Cockfighting or something.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i honestly can't understand what is going on with MMA. The fan base to me is dying compared to three years ago. Is it possible the Fertitas and Dana make more money getting a hundred thousand buys and pay shit salaries with a bad card or getting a million buys and paying top fighters good money? The only thing i can think of is that they make more money with a shit card with two top fighters than a big card with great fighters but paying them big money. How in the world can someone come in and run things beautifully building a monster than three years later it looks like they never ran a company in their lives. Or did the Fox deal make them stagnate

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11973

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i honestly can't understand what is going on with MMA. The fan base to me is dying compared to three years ago. Is it possible the Fertitas and Dana make more money getting a hundred thousand buys and pay shit salaries with a bad card or getting a million buys and paying top fighters good money? The only thing i can think of is that they make more money with a shit card with two top fighters than a big card with great fighters but paying them big money. How in the world can someone come in and run things beautifully building a monster than three years later it looks like they never ran a company in their lives. Or did the Fox deal make them stagnate
    Well the prelims use to be free for starters, the PPV's are expensive, and the free cards on Fox are once in a blue moon as it seems.. The general population is not able to view and get to know the UFC fighters anymore.. I don't see it dying but it could be slowing..

UFC is going global but only catering to the rich fans and not the poor as far as I can see.. UFC monopoly greed is not good for the sport.. I always said that..

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

It's not a problem for me. I love having one or two UFC cards almost every week featuring fighters from all over the world. More fights to watch, more fights to bet. I'm not one of these nostalgic fans who wants to go back to the days of one or two stacked cards per month.
    Last edited by Jim_Gunn; 11-10-14 at 01:41 AM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

It's not a problem for me. I love having one or two UFC cards almost every week featuring fighters from all over the world. More fights to watch, more fights to bet. I'm not one of these nostalgic fans who wants to go back to the days of one or two stacked cards per month.
    It has nothing to do with nostalgia. It has to do with the fact that these "one or two UFC cards almost every week" you speak of are often only UFC cards in name. I watch the UFC because I enjoy MMA, and that is where the best MMA fights generally take place; if you want to see Cage Warriors fights re-branded as UFC, that's your prerogative; as a gambler, I'm certainly not going to complain, but as a fan, it's excruciating.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rocky16, and marzwoody

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    they are focused on the "global" plan - getting the billions in Asia to pay out is the plan

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

btw how bad is Claudio Silva?!! Holy moly there was some embarrassing shiit in tht fight...guy gassed out after 3 minutes yet still won the fight.... so how bad does that make Leon Edwards!

marzwoody

We should alll just lower are standards like Jim Gunn. that way we would all be pumped for ONE FC.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

The ufc gets 90 mil per year from fox.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    In your case more air to bet.
    Points Awarded:

rocky16 gave marzwoody 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I couldn't give a shit about UFC. I wouldn't watch MMA if I didn't have money on it.

For me at least, while it seems that the more fight cards the better, I'm personally seeing diminishing returns with it. When it was the same 100 guys for years and years I had to put very little work into capping fights, maybe 10 hours a week. On these two fight card weeks with complete unknowns top to bottom, I find myself putting 30 hours into capping, getting to be less and less worthwhile.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I couldn't give a shit about UFC. I wouldn't watch MMA if I didn't have money on it.

For me at least, while it seems that the more fight cards the better, I'm personally seeing diminishing returns with it. When it was the same 100 guys for years and years I had to put very little work into capping fights, maybe 10 hours a week. On these two fight card weeks with complete unknowns top to bottom, I find myself putting 30 hours into capping, getting to be less and less worthwhile.
    And the icing on the cake is when half of the fights gets scratched anyway and you even get focks pulling out on day of the fight now which never happend back in the day!

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

On the other hand, the influx of debuting fighters into the UFC means that the bookies are less able to know every fighter well and set accurate lines for these UFC newcomers creating sometimes very lucrative betting opportunities for the bettors who follow the prospects in the sport closely. I think the UFC is doing exactly what they need to do to fill these more frequent fight cards out. Joe Silva and Sean Shelby cherry pick the beltholders and top up & comers from all the regional and international promotions around the world like RFA, Legacy, Titan FC, King of the Cage, Cage Warriors, Jungle Fights, M-1 Global etc and book them for the prelims of UFC Fight Pass and Fox Sports 1/2 cards.

That's exactly what should be happening. Where do you think the name fighters that you know and love came from? Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones, Conor McGregor, Chris Weidman, Ronda Rousey and many others that are considered "names" all started in smaller promotions and then moved to UFC undercards on tv and gained popularity shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by Jim_Gunn; 11-10-14 at 05:37 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Locky needs to start the Mark Hunt UFC event thread already.. I grow restless!!!! I got shiit to say on this event for God's sakes!!!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Jibby slow your roll

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Jibby slow your roll
    Can't I'm a junky.. All good Locky you da man. Just busting your balls...

marzwoody

Why can't you understand that the UFC putting on a piss poor card in Brazil is unaceptable? stacked with D-list Brazilian fighters, no co-main and weak main event. do you work for the UFC? this isn't ONE FC were the match-maker drives past a homeless shelter and asks bums who wants to fight in a area for 2$ and a sandwich, this is the big leagues brah.

Unbelievable.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 11-10-14 at 06:36 PM.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

Why can't you understand that the UFC putting on a piss poor card in Brazil is unaceptable? stacked with D-list Brazilian fighters, no co-main and weak main event. do you work for the UFC? this isn't ONE FC were the match-maker drives past a homeless shelter and asks bums who wants to fight in a area for 2$ and a sandwich, this is the big leagues brah.

Unbelievable.
    Why can't you understand that your opinion isn't the only one that counts? It's fights on free tv with a mix of names, veterans and up and comers. No one is forcing you to watch with a gun to your head. If you feel that watching the lesser Fox Sports 1/2 cards or Fight Pass cards isn't worth your time, then go find something else to do and enjoy your day. It's not worth getting angry over. I like having fights to watch and wager on on a Friday or Saturday night, so I'll watch pretty much every UFC, Bellator, WSOF or most other televised MMA cards that have odds and sometimes even other MMA, boxing or combat sports just for the hell of it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I'm with Jim Gunn's logic on this subject.. Sure some cards blow but it's still more mma to watch and bet on week to week rather then month to month.. I still think the UFC fighters even at the bottom levels like we've been watching are as good as the best fighters in other venues...

I also think if you win most of your bets then the card is more fun, if you lose your bets it's not as fun to watch for some..

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

This subject has been done to death. One card a month with ample time for squares to eat up hype and throw down bulk unitz is a bettor situation (pun intended).

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Was it me or was the arena half empty? When OSP was being interviewed after the whole place seemed empty! Did everybody literally clear out of arena as soon as Shogun got finished or was there just nobody in there in first place?!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Was it me or was the arena half empty? When OSP was being interviewed after the whole place seemed empty! Did everybody literally clear out of arena as soon as Shogun got finished or was there just nobody in there in first place?!
    Apparently it was 4am local time when the main event started. So yea, everyone probably left immediately.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ahh right!

marzwoody

Why can't you understand that your opinion isn't the only one that counts? It's fights on free tv with a mix of names, veterans and up and comers. No one is forcing you to watch with a gun to your head. If you feel that watching the lesser Fox Sports 1/2 cards or Fight Pass cards isn't worth your time, then go find something else to do and enjoy your day. It's not worth getting angry over. I like having fights to watch and wager on on a Friday or Saturday night, so I'll watch pretty much every UFC, Bellator, WSOF or most other televised MMA cards that have odds and sometimes even other MMA, boxing or combat sports just for the hell of it.
    Its not just my opinion, pretty much every real MMA fan, and every person who watched it live went home dissapointed.

"We should all just do something else with our day" everytime the UFC hold a crap event, because its not worth getting "angry" over.

You sound like a reformed anger management patient who's scared he's gonna blow a fuse, get a hold of yourself.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 11-11-14 at 01:05 PM.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

Its not just my opinion, pretty much every real MMA fan, and every person who watched it live went home dissapointed.

"We should all just do something else with our day" everytime the UFC hold a crap event, because its not worth getting "angry" over.

You sound like a reformed anger management patient who's scared he's gonna blow a fuse, get a hold of yourself.
    Don't pretend to speak for anyone else. You have your own ridiculous opinion and you're welcome to it- that's it. I enjoyed the card because it was the UFC, it was free on tv, it had a lot of fighters who I was familiar with and it entertained me on a Saturday evening. I hope the UFC adds even more events next year just like it.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230
    Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 11-11-14 at 11:43 PM.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    LOL, that was funny as shit. Fantastic video rendering job by whoever made that. Made the rest of the thread worth it.

First ... 678910 Last