jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16908

Metamoris 4 opening odds: Cheal Sonnen +1559, Josh Barnett +710

Per Gambler's Palace:

-- METAMORIS 4 -- PETERSEN AUTOMOTIVE MUSEUM @ LOS ANGELES, CA SAT, AUG 9TH - 7:00 PM - PPV >> 5K MAX WIN PER BET <<
    GRAPPLING MATCHUPS - METAMORIS 4
    91501 CHAEL SONNEN +1559
    91502 ANDRE GALVAO -1477
    91503 DRAW +302
    91504 JOSH BARNETT +710
    91505 DEAN LISTER -742
    91506 DRAW +198
    91507 KEENAN CORNELIUS +138
    91508 VINNY MAGALHAES +116
    91509 DRAW -199
    95110 SAULO RIBEIRO +158
    95111 RODRIGO "COMPRIDO" MEDEIROS +161
    95112 DRAW -273
    95113 KIT DALE +355
    95114 GARRY TONON +389
    95115 DRAW -312
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sykes

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Posting month-late "openers" and this still isn't the worst thread of the week.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16908

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Posting month-late "openers" and this still isn't the worst thread of the week.
    Blame non-dsi books/the media for taking this long to pick it up. Or better yet, don't. More whinging needed.

Smell Shaubby top control draws.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

I suspect some value on Chael Sonnen, but that totally depends on what type of kicking strategy he chooses to employ here, and how effective he is in his execution of it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

I saw this event coming to my town a little while ago.. May be in attendance if nothing else is going on that day..

Chael Sonnen in a WJJ match with Galvao.. LOL.. He must be hard up for the spot light and in need of a pay check these days to take part in this match up.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I saw this event coming to my town a few weeks ago.. May be in attendance if nothing else is going on that day..

Chael Sonnen in a WJJ match with Galvao.. LOL.. He must be hard up for the spot light and in need of a pay check these days to take part in this match up.
    Last I read, the NSAC is trying to fine him $250,000 for competing in Metamoris. He's going to fight it which still won't be cheap. Don't think he's hard up for cash as you suggest.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    Last I read, the NSAC is trying to fine him $250,000 for competing in Metamoris. He's going to fight it which still won't be cheap. Don't think he's hard up for cash as you suggest.
    Never know if Chael Sonnen is a compulsive gambler and pissing away all his fortunes with online Poker? .. LOL..

Seriously, I was thinking, Chael was certainly not employed and the Zuffa paychecks stopped coming in.. He probably saw dollar signs more then anything signing onto this event.. Since when is CS rolling in JJ matches anyways? I'd laugh if he loses by triangle sub..
    Attached Images  

Sacrelicious

Metamoris looks like a fascinating ju jitsu exhibition on many levels.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Unibet had the draw for the Sonnen/Galvao match at +800 (now +625) . All over this one

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Can't wait!
    Points Awarded:

Grabaka gave Ron_Paul_2012 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Not sure if those lines are anywhere close now. But damn then Sonnen and Barnett match draws are juicy as hell. Like the Vinny/Corn daw line as well.

damn

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    He's not gonna be fined.. This is not sanctioned by the California or Nevada commission.. We can be assured Chael is juicing coming in to this.. Not gonna help him in this one.. Like Bas Rutten said it will be huge if Chael Sonnen can just make it the distance in this match up with a Jits champion like Galvao...

Catch wrestling of Josh Barnett could be an interesting grappling contest..

snufflyjoe

He's not gonna be fined.. This is not sanctioned by the California or Nevada commission.. We can be assured Chael is juicing coming in to this.. Not gonna help him in this one.. Like Bas Rutten said it will be huge if Chael Sonnen can just make it the distance in this match up with a Jits champion like Galvao...

Catch wrestling of Josh Barnett could be an interesting grappling contest..
    Yep money on Sonnen is dead money. I went pretty big on the draw (before the NSAC news) . Few reasons I like the draw

1. Sonnen will have 30+ lbs on Galvao
    2. Galvao's no gi record doesn't have many finishes on it
    3. Sonnen is the much better wrestler, he will be the one that ends up on top and has the top control to stay there.

Not sure I would bet it at +300 (that bet dsi has) . But if you can get +500 or more it is for sure worth a punt

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by snufflyjoe View Post
    Yep money on Sonnen is dead money. I went pretty big on the draw (before the NSAC news) . Few reasons I like the draw

1. Sonnen will have 30+ lbs on Galvao
    2. Galvao's no gi record doesn't have many finishes on it
    3. Sonnen is the much better wrestler, he will be the one that ends up on top and has the top control to stay there.

Not sure I would bet it at +300 (that bet dsi has) . But if you can get +500 or more it is for sure worth a punt
    I don't even see this event up on the board at 5D??????.. What bookie are ya getting this action on?

Chael weighing more, juiced up and with his wrestling back ground, no gi, hmmm?.. I still think Chael gets sub'd out in this but that might be worth a shot at +500 like ya say for going the distance.. I'm sure Chael will be looking to just survive in this so you never know???
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-09-14 at 12:54 AM.

snufflyjoe

I don't even see this event up on the board at 5D??????.. What bookie are ya getting this action on?

Chael weighing more, juiced up and with his wrestling back ground, no gi, hmmm?.. I still think Chael gets sub'd out in this but that might be worth a shot at +500 like ya say for going the distance.. I'm sure Chael will be looking to just survive in this so you never know???
    Yep not many books have lines for this event pretty surprised 5D hasn't got them. Only books I know that have it are betdsi and unibet . I'm on unibet who opened the draw line at +800! now it has settled to +600.

I have to think that all Chael is thinking about is just to not get humiliated .On the fighter on the kid podcast Schaub mentioned that Sonnen's coach had studied the Schaub/Cyborg fight so fingers crossed.

Last edited by snufflyjoe; 08-09-14 at 01:16 AM.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

whats with teh fukn betting odds josh barnett would manhandle dean lister but the question is how is to scored every submission attempt and it seems like it's rigged for the bjj experts to win on points if the big boys barnett and sonnen don't get a sub

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    whats with teh fukn betting odds josh barnett would manhandle dean lister but the question is how is to scored every submission attempt and it seems like it's rigged for the bjj experts to win on points if the big boys barnett and sonnen don't get a sub
    Jesus Down Syndrome Christ.

Sacrelicious

How does a "war master" lose a wrestling match? This line is illogical.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I hit that Barnett / Lister Draw. Lister might run through him, but we shall see.

Monson looks absolutely terrifying btw, like some sort of ancient Golem brought to life.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Jesus Down Syndrome Christ.
    Lister's bjj has always and i mean always been overrated, the guy is weak we've seen how he's done against other mma fighters who aren't even in the same league as Barnett

are you kidding me barnett is going to beast that kid and as for chael sonnen, chael sonnen is a 205er going against a little puny andre galvao who barely walks around at 185 he's just gonna put him in a headlock and pop his head like you pop your pimples

snufflyjoe

Bets I like . 66% of Metamoris matches go the distance so + money on any draw warrants a serious look at IMO

Garry Tonon WIN
    Sonnen/Galvao DRAW
    Lister/Barnett - DRAW

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Bets I like . 66% of Metamoris matches go the distance so + money on any draw warrants a serious look at IMO

Garry Tonon WIN
    Sonnen/Galvao DRAW
    Lister/Barnett - DRAW
    lol these are the exact 3 plays that i'm on. bigger on lister draw.

tonon might not get a sub, but at +400 i think it is worth a small play.

you have a lean for the magaletch fight?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

i dont recall 5d ever having lines for metamoris/grappling

dont hold your breath for this one

snufflyjoe

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    lol these are the exact 3 plays that i'm on. bigger on lister draw.

tonon might not get a sub, but at +400 i think it is worth a small play.

you have a lean for the magaletch fight?
    Pass for me.. Vinny is too much of a mental midget that I wouldn't trust him not to get tapped. Likely a Draw but -190 is a bit too steep.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Pass for me.. Vinny is too much of a mental midget that I wouldn't trust him not to get tapped. Likely a Draw but -190 is a bit too steep.
    agree 100%, thats exactly how i was looking at it. however, if i end up watching the event i might get the itch for some action. really torn between cornelius +140 and the draw -190.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    agree 100%, thats exactly how i was looking at it. however, if i end up watching the event i might get the itch for some action. really torn between cornelius +140 and the draw -190.
    Yup. Those are the 2 plays for that match. There is no way Keenan is going to get tapped. It's too bad that he is such a pussy. Otherwise it would be interesting to see him in MMA.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Lister's bjj has always and i mean always been overrated, the guy is weak we've seen how he's done against other mma fighters who aren't even in the same league as Barnett

are you kidding me barnett is going to beast that kid and as for chael sonnen, chael sonnen is a 205er going against a little puny andre galvao who barely walks around at 185 he's just gonna put him in a headlock and pop his head like you pop your pimples
    Double + Down Syndrome.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be on Sonnen and Barnett draws if 5D had lines up.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookmaker.eu has lines up for Metamoris 4.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    Gunshard?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    Jim_Gunnshard?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Sonnen down to +1268 somehow.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jim_Gunnshard?
    What's that supposed to mean?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Damn, I gotta sign up for these other sports books you guys are on... If I could get some action in on this event I might have gone to it and recorded the WSOF event tonight.. SOB!!!!

Oh well, will look to sign up on these other sports books in the near future and thanks for sharing peps..

I'm only on the 3 bookies now and need to up my game for future events just like these...... Figuring 6 bookies will be my next venture to really get the ball rolling....

1234 ... Last