Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

god awful PPV, Bellator should stuick to the Friday night fights.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys have to realize just cause you got a takedown isn't going to be a dealbreaker. There was NO trying to gain better position from either Page or Mo.. they didn't even try to really land anything BIG from the ground.. just random elbows and forearms to the face.. normal grinding bullshit. Judges saw more effort and effects done with the two stand up fighters. Hell Jackson is a gas can and he still had more in his game than Mo in round 3
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Jackson -230 2.3 units to win 1 unit
    Jackson/Lawal O2.5 -185 2.75 units to win 1.5 units
    Chandler + Volkov 2.5 units to win 2.5 units
    Guerreiro +0.5 units to win 1.35 units
    Shlemenko/Ortiz 01.5 1.5 units to win 1.25 units
    -0.15 units for the night thanks to the Chandler/Brooks decision.
    Last edited by Skel; 05-18-14 at 12:21 AM.

Sykes

I'm just disappointed, it was such a crap fight, that's what you got for PPV your not in good shape.

Sykes

-0.15 units for the night thanks to the Chandler/Brooks decision.
    Tito fuked me again for like 10+. Dude has done it 3 times, Bader, Lil Nog and tonight. Hate that man.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    I'm just disappointed, it was such a crap fight, that's what you got for PPV your not in good shape.
    Mo can only finish you if he can hold you down or clearly out-strike you, he's the biggest pointfighter in MMA otherwise and I mean that literally. He's worse than Jake Shields.

Could you imagine Jake Shields attempting a takedown, getting 30 seconds of top control, and then circling out and refusing to engage to keep your point league? Jesus. Can't stand Mo's style, but he finds a way to win. And win he did.

Sykes

I agree easy 2-1, terrible to watch though.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Today was a good day

I usually just make micro bets on Bellator to make the night more interesting. Wishing I had went bigger. Great night of fights.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sykes

Sykes

Quote Originally Posted by scofflaw View Post

I usually just make micro bets on Bellator to make the night more interesting. Wishing I had went bigger. Great night of fights.
    You forgot to blank the balance

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Mo was dominating the rounds for 3 minutes +. This isn't a boxing match where the only thing you look for is "effective strikes". Rampage barely landed anything.

I would dare to say if you changed the judges they would award Mo the fight 8/10 times.

Surprising. That's all i can say.

Sykes

He clearly won rounds 1 and 3, might be running back not want to get hit and be boring as shit but a win is a win n he git the better of Rampage there.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11937

Quote Originally Posted by scofflaw View Post

YOU KILLED IT.... That's impressive!!!

MD

Not wanting to engage creates the illusion that you're losing when exchanges takes place.

One of the only even remotely plausible explanations I can muster.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Knew Rampage would get the decision after the final bell.. He's big for Bellator and that Rampage name carries money weight for the next title fight which Rampage now gets!!! It was a tight fight to judge though.. I thought it could have gone either way..

Tito Ortiz is a big money name too.. Hmmmm? That choke came fast and easy... Just saying...............
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-18-14 at 12:31 AM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Wager Type : Parlay (6 team)
    Wager Status : Win Risk / To Win Amount : 7.50 / 1,025.99(USD)
    Accepted : 5/17/2014 5:31PM - PST

Won : 1,025.99
    Amount Paid : 1033.49
    #1) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Win
    Sport / Period : MMA Fighting / Game
    Selection : Q. Jackson
    Time : 5/17/2014 8:55:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -215
    Game Notes : Bellator 120 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - The Landers Center - Memphis, Tennessee - PPV

#2) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : W. Brooks
    Time : 5/17/2014 8:20:01PM - (PST)
    Line : +710
    Game Notes : Bellator 120 - Lightweight 5 rounds - The Landers Center - Memphis, Tennessee - PPV

#3) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : T. Ortiz
    Time : 5/17/2014 7:50:01PM - (PST)
    Line : +320
    Game Notes : Bellator 120 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - The Landers Center - Memphis, Tennessee - PPV

#4) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : M. Page
    Time : 5/17/2014 7:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -495
    Game Notes : Bellator 120 - Welterweight 3 rounds - The Landers Center - Memphis, Tennessee - PPV

#5) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : A. Volkov
    Time : 5/17/2014 7:25:01PM - (PST)
    Line : +105
    Game Notes : Bellator 120 - Heavyweight 3 rounds - The Landers Center - Memphis, Tennessee - Spike TV

#6) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : C. Kongo
    Time : 5/17/2014 6:20:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -820
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sykes

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

feel like King Mo won it....finally a few ****** decisions go my way lol

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Knew Rampage would get the decision after the final bell.. He's big for Bellator and that Rampage name carries money weight for the next title fight which Rampage now gets!!! It was a tight fight to judge though.. I thought it could have gone either way..
    why do the athletic commission judges care about any of that?

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    You guys have to realize just cause you got a takedown isn't going to be a dealbreaker. There was NO trying to gain better position from either Page or Mo.. they didn't even try to really land anything BIG from the ground.. just random elbows and forearms to the face.. normal grinding bullshit. Judges saw more effort and effects done with the two stand up fighters. Hell Jackson is a gas can and he still had more in his game than Mo in round 3
    finally someone who "gets it" ...i'll bet you hated the Hendricks "over" Condit...and Davis "over" Machida horseshit as much as i did

MMA is a damage contest...NOT a takedown derby

all a takedown does is change the position of the fight and orientation of the fighters (in a way that USUALLY but certainly NOT ALWAYS favors the person registering--noticed i didn't say "scoring" it)...

IN AND OF ITSELF, the registering of a takedown should be considered one more fight statistic...but it should have no DIRECT influence...it's the damage done, from whatever the position the fight is in that matters...

best example of this was Hendricks vs. Condit...H kept taking Condit down...then Condit would elbow him from the bottom, so H decided to "play up to" the clear trend of "judges" reducing themselves to mechanical "takedown counters"...and he knew he could whip Condit's ass in a takedown derby (but not in a fight)...so he kept taking him down...and letting him right back up again...won the takedown derby something like 13-0...but actually lost the fight if by fight you mean what it should mean= a damage contest...

it was very nice, indeed to see two consecutive fights scored properly (ie. as fights to inflict damage...not as contests to register fight-location changes)...

without takedown-fascination clouding things up unnecessarily...the job of the judge is correctly restored to assessing damage
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-18-14 at 01:01 AM.

Skel

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    finally someone with a brain...i'll bet you hated the Hendricks "over" Condit...and Davis "over" Machida horseshit as much as i did

all a takedown does is change the position of the fight and orientation of the fighters (in a way that USUALLY but certainly NOT ALWAYS favors the person registering--noticed i didn't say "scoring" it)...

IN AND OF ITSELF, the registering of a takedown should be considered one more fight statistic...but it should have no DIRECT influence...it's the damage done, from whatever the position the fight is in that matters...

best example of this was Hendricks vs. Condit...H kept taking Condit down...then Condit would elbow him from the bottom, so H decided to "play up to" the clear trend of "judges" reducing themselves to mechanical "takedown counters"...and he knew he could whip Condit's ass in a takedown derby (but not in a fight)...maddening
    Agreed.

MD

finally someone with a brain...i'll bet you hated the Hendricks "over" Condit...and Davis "over" Machida horseshit as much as i did

best example of this was Hendricks vs. Condit...H kept taking Condit down...then Condit would elbow him from the bottom, so H decided to "play up to" the clear trend of "judges" reducing themselves to mechanical "takedown counters"...and he knew he could whip Condit's ass in a takedown derby (but not in a fight)...maddening
    What you are neglecting to factor in is Rampage's lack of effective offence outside of the second round. A takedown and a few weak hammerfists from on top are worth a lot more than walking towards Mo and landing nothing of consequence.

I agree with Sherdog here:
    As much as I'd love to be like "Yeah! Ineffective wrestling doesn't score!", Quinton didn't really land anything in R3. That's 29-28 Lawal.

I'm a guy who scores damage far more heavily than top position stalling, but there was no damage to offset the stalling in R1 and R3. This isn't a case of scoring punches vs meaningless top control, this is a case of scoring meaningless top control vs scoring virtually nothing. A little more than nothing, beats nothing.
    Last edited by MD; 05-18-14 at 12:50 AM.

Skel

I think the decision had more to do with the fact that Mo was being stuffed most of time and looked like he was desperately in need of the takedown. If Mo had gotten easy takedowns or slams the judges may have scored the third round the other way. Much like in the Brooks fight, the judges gave it to the guy who looked better.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

You've got some valid points - but you're wrong about the "damage contest".

Judging criteria is (and note there is nothing about damage) [I would say King Mo had far more effective grappling than Rampage had effective striking in R3]:

1. Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.

MD

I think the decision had more to do with the fact that Mo was being stuffed most of time and looked like he was desperately in need of the takedown. If Mo had gotten easy takedowns or slams the judges may have scored the third round the other way. Much like in the Brooks fight, the judges gave it to the guy who looked better.
    Indeed. And they were wrong both times.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

this isnt the ufc where they got their own judges and travel them around, so hometown scoring should also be a factor in the judging a close fight goes to the local fighter
    anyway looking forward to fading tito from now on, until he loses 3 more in a row and decides to call it quits

MD

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    this isnt the ufc where they got their own judges and travel them around, so hometown scoring should also be a factor in the judging a close fight goes to the local fighter
    anyway looking forward to fading tito from now on, until he loses 3 more in a row and decides to call it quits
    Bellator and the UFC use the same judges; athletic commission judges.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol tito submitting a dude who looks half his size,

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

and i thank you for turning me onto Brooks DEC...i got it at +1125...but it's the kind of bet you don't pound...a little goes a long way...not likely to offset a hi-likelihood-of-winning play you're actually super confident in and pounding (such as Shlmenko)

also shout out to grabaka for the brooks ML (got it at +801 a few hours ago)...that i'm sure you were on as well...but again a little going a nice long way...not something you're likely to risk anything substantial...so no way hitting a nice flier like this is going to offset a bread-and-butter play that goes sour

as for helping to give me the sense to stay away from all the one-way shlmenko-mania that was shaping up here about 24 hours/12 pages ago...thanks to mmaed for stating the obvious about the man-boy weight disparity...the more i thought about it along those lines, the more emboldened i was to actually "pound" (by my conservative definition of the word) a rather heavy favorite...only the second time i've ever done that BTW, and within a week of each other (i went heavy-ish and was rewarded nicely on Brown last weekend)...
    thanks for all the gud tweets, MD...but you gotta avoid always claiming off-the-record plays save your ass as you did blatantly on twitter the card previous to this one...you always crucify your buddy gaberz for doing just this sort of thing
    Brown was the underdog brah

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

time to make Ortiz vs Newton and your new Bellator light heavyweight champion is..............

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

you gotta avoid always claiming off-the-record plays save your ass as you did blatantly on twitter the card previous to this one...you always crucify your buddy gaberz for doing just this sort of thing
    thought i was the only one who notice this

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

and i thank you for turning me onto Brooks DEC...i got it at +1125...but it's the kind of bet you don't pound...a little goes a long way...not likely to offset a hi-likelihood-of-winning play you're actually super confident in and pounding (such as Shlmenko)

also shout out to grabaka for the brooks ML (got it at +801 a few hours ago)...that i'm sure you were on as well...but again a little going a nice long way...not something you're likely to risk anything substantial...so no way hitting a nice flier like this is going to offset a bread-and-butter play that goes sour
    just some advice. In the future you shouldn't take a play like Brooks by Dec. It's not worth the risk when brooks was already +800, the extra +300 is trivial at that point considering at least 2 times last night, the ref could have stopped the fight in favor of brooks. Then add all the times brooks had moments to finish the fight and you should see why brooks by dec is a dangerous play. Better off doing what I did, take brooks ml and then fight goes to decision which was +320. Far less risk especially considering the fight could have been stopped at multiple points by brooks and the decision could have gone either way.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

wraslers rool
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    why do the athletic commission judges care about any of that?
    The Athletic commision probably doesn't care but the refs or fighters themselves could possibly be approached, bought, tempted, influenced by Bellator sources behind closed doors prior to the fights.. I hope not but you never know????

That choke just came really fast and too easy on the ground I think for a guy as experienced as Shlemeko, and I also thought King Mo could have easily gotten the nod on the judges scoring cards as he controlled Rampage on the ground for probably more then half the fight..

Big names - Rampage and Tito Ortiz's stocks are skyrocketing right now in Bellator after last nights victories.. Just saying.. I'm probably just throwing darts at a board saying all this, but I remember when Boxing was rigged and sometimes history repeats itself especially when PPV first time showings happen..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-18-14 at 11:14 AM.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Brown was the underdog brah
    yeah...of course that first word in the fifth-last line of my word blizzard should be "underdog" and not "favorite"...seeing as everything before or after it unfortunately makes absolutely no sense the way it is...of course Brown last week was the underdog, just as Brooks was last night...the only two times (er...well make it three, cuz i heavied up my pre-fight stake on Tito as well, as a direct result of this thread) i actually put substantial coin on the, shall we say "dude with the number much higher than 100 after the plus sign" (or, for those of a european/decimal persuasion, the "dude with a number much higher than 2.0")

MD

yeah...of course that first word in the fifth-last line of my word blizzard should be "underdog" and not "favorite"...seeing as everything before or after it unfortunately makes absolutely no sense the way it is...of course Brown last week was the underdog, just as Brooks was last night...the only two times (er...well make it three, cuz i heavied up my pre-fight stake on Tito as well, as a direct result of this thread) i actually put substantial coin on the, shall we say "dude with the number much higher than 100 after the plus sign" (or, for those of a european/decimal persuasion, the "dude with a number much higher than 2.0")
    Nice job on Tito. I was in disbelief when he won.

Betting appropriately on big dog lines can be a psychological hurdle at times, as you're usually expecting to lose said cash. Essential to think in terms of EV to avoid mental pitfalls.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

had chandler in more parlays than i realized, that's unfortunate

First ... 1213141516 Last