shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Who does Floyd fight next?

This is a real dilemma for Floyd. With his lack of knockouts and dominating performances, it's hard for him to pick intriguing opponents.

Khan looked like the front runner but he is 2-2 in his last 4 and I'm pretty sure his own sweat could ko him.

Maidana was the other choice but he doesn't look like a challenge either. However this is more sellable as a reveng fight for beating broner.

Fans are not excited about either fight and Floyd needs to do something big. I'm not sure what he can do without fighting a much bigger fighter. I'd like to see Lara but it ain't happening.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    This is a real dilemma for Floyd. With his lack of knockouts and dominating performances, it's hard for him to pick intriguing opponents.

Khan looked like the front runner but he is 2-2 in his last 4 and I'm pretty sure his own sweat could ko him.

Maidana was the other choice but he doesn't look like a challenge either. However this is more sellable as a reveng fight for beating broner.

Fans are not excited about either fight and Floyd needs to do something big. I'm not sure what he can do without fighting a much bigger fighter. I'd like to see Lara but it ain't happening.
    Why would he need to "do" anything? Alvarez was "the guy", supposedly. He was the one everyone was interested in seeing Floyd fight. Bigger, younger, stronger, got absolutely dominated. He fought the guy everyone wants to see him fight, we sort of have to accept the fact that he has no clear challenger at this point and that anyone he fights will probably be ridiculously overmatched. Some will say Pacquiao, but does anyone really want to see that fight? I'd love to see Mayweather vs Bradley if he can get through Pacq again. The only other interesting fight, in my opinion, is GGG, and he needs a few more wins first.

shady610

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Why would he need to "do" anything? Alvarez was "the guy", supposedly. He was the one everyone was interested in seeing Floyd fight. Bigger, younger, stronger, got absolutely dominated. He fought the guy everyone wants to see him fight, we sort of have to accept the fact that he has no clear challenger at this point and that anyone he fights will probably be ridiculously overmatched. Some will say Pacquiao, but does anyone really want to see that fight? I'd love to see Mayweather vs Bradley if he can get through Pacq again. The only other interesting fight, in my opinion, is GGG, and he needs a few more wins first.
    His fights are too predictable now. There is no reason to be excited since he will win on points and not even be in a close fight. There was a time when people believed he could lose but now I don't think that's the case. The motivation to order his fights is all but gone. As a business man, he needs to do something because I see the ppv buys going down.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    His fights are too predictable now. There is no reason to be excited since he will win on points and not even be in a close fight. There was a time when people believed he could lose but now I don't think that's the case. The motivation to order his fights is all but gone. As a business man, he needs to do something because I see the ppv buys going down.
    Coming off the biggest-earning bout in boxing history, I don't think he's too worried. Even Guerrero didn't do bad numbers against him.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

He should fight Khan, knock him out and make him do the chicken dance on PPV

shady610

Still no opponent. He may be worried that fans won't buy his fight. Khan just doesn't seem worthy as a ppv fight

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

prob Maidana