sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rafael Mendes: “Cris Cyborg’s Ground Game Is Superior To Ronda Rousey’s.”

Rafael Mendes: “Cris Cyborg’s Ground Game Is Superior To Ronda Rousey’s.”

August 30, 2013 • Posted by Gile in Articles • • 2 comments

If the MMA DREAM MATCH would be to see Anderson Silva facing Jon Jones, for women, MMA fans hope, one day, to see the fight between UFC champion Ronda Rousey and and Cris Cyborg , champion of Invicta FC.
    According to Jiu-Jitsu world champ, Rafael Mendes, who has has the chance to train with both fighters in the past, the winning factor of this fight would be the Jiu-Jitsu. For him, the Brazilian would have more options to win the match, as her ground game in her opinion is better. He also knows that in a MMA fight anything can happen.
    Rafa Mendes, BJ Penn, Gui Mendes, Ronda Rousey

“When I was with Ronda, the training was more standing. Her ground is very good. She knows the ground, but it is not that modern, efficient Jiu-Jitsu. Ronda is more Judo fighter. Cris knows Jiu-Jitsu, she has won the Worlds (At purple belt), her skills are more modern and her Jiu-Jitsu is shareper and she trains with André Galvao. In an MMA fight it’s different, it’s hard to say who would win. But in Jiu-Jitsu, I think Cris has more options. ” Said Rafa in an intervview with Tatame.

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/rafael...ronda-rouseys/

Last edited by sideloaded; 10-31-13 at 12:17 AM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I'll ignore the fact that he's clearly biased, and didn't even actually say that Cyborg's ground game is superior, but only because it's you, Sider. <3

Good to see you back bro. You out of jail?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

why would he be biased in any way? Anyone can watch video and see Cyborg hasnt been in a bad position since 2009 and ronda was back mounted in her last two fights agains a purple belt and blue belt. If anything Mendes seems closer to rousey based on the picture and very few people even get to roll with rousey. Leslie Smith specifically said Ronda refused to roll with her at Cesar Gracies, while Cyborg rolls with ton's of women at a high lvl in san diago with team ATOS which is by far the best bjj team for women in the world.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

my bad i think leslie said rousey wouldnt spar. Still rousey doesnt usually roll with high lvl women the way cris does on a daily basis. heck rousey doenst even train on a daily basis if not in fight camp. cyborg is a beast that trains 365

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Uh-oh. Shit's bout to get silly up in here.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Uh-oh. Shit's bout to get silly up in here.
    I feel dumber reading your posts. Nice call on Whiteford.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

sbr is a f-ckng wasteland. Plekz has been pm'ing me to be recruited to sherdog I might go back. This forum is dead.

Clover f\*g isnt even amusing like ron_paul, Clover you still arguing the Fabio decision. Must feel good about yourself using your time wisely. Im sure a few more forum posts about Beltran being robbed will change the decision.