DoggyStyle
    Stackin' Stacks
    DoggyStyle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

MMA Judging

I am 24yrs old and i have been watching MMA for approx 10 yrs religously. Trained MMA for 4 yrs as well. Anyways... In approximatly the last 2 yrs idk wtf happened to the judges! Its an epidemic and making it tough to wager on fights. Sooooo many horrible decisions that basically make or break a fighters career and life. Judges should be held accountable for this crap. It should be an impossibility that one judge has the fight scored 30-27 for one fighter and the judge sitting next to him scoring the same fight has it 30-27 for the other fighter. I would love to hear them explain it.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    I am 24yrs old and i have been watching MMA for approx 10 yrs religously. Trained MMA for 4 yrs as well. Anyways... In approximatly the last 2 yrs idk wtf happened to the judges! Its an epidemic and making it tough to wager on fights. Sooooo many horrible decisions that basically make or break a fighters career and life. Judges should be held accountable for this crap. It should be an impossibility that one judge has the fight scored 30-27 for one fighter and the judge sitting next to him scoring the same fight has it 30-27 for the other fighter. I would love to hear them explain it.
    No, it shouldn't. Depending on your criteria, if fights are close enough, it's very conceivable that it can be a 30-27 split. Edwards vs Cruickshank, the third round clearly went to Cruickshank I felt, but the media scores ranged from 30-27 Cruickshank to 30-27 Edwards. The Shields/Woodley fight could go the same route. The classic example is Brilz vs Marshall though. Hard to come up with a bad score card for that fight.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Also the judges are not next to each other, nor do they have a monitor in front of them. So they each literally see the fight from a different angle. But I agree that the scoring system and judging is atrocious.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

My internet is down

can't write back yet, im on my phone. Imo... I think the fight goes the distance. Franco does have his defensive deficiencies and Fortuna is a guy who could punch through those holes for.the ko, forgot which fightninsaw that made me think that. What im banking on is Franco weathers the storm and makes his move when Fortuna is gassed.
    Im on Fortuna not inside the distance

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Also the judges are not next to each other, nor do they have a monitor in front of them. So they each literally see the fight from a different angle. But I agree that the scoring system and judging is atrocious.
    How the penetrate dont judges have access to relays and monitors all over the penetrating place.. Are we living in the stone age? That could be a big damn contributing factor, you cant see shit when youre sitting that close to the cage.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    How the penetrate dont judges have access to relays and monitors all over the penetrating place.. Are we living in the stone age? That could be a big damn contributing factor, you cant see shit when youre sitting that close to the cage.
    One of the judges in Shogun/Machida said that he couldn't see what was happening in round four due to obstructed vision and, upon rewatching it, would have given it (and the fight) to Shogun had he been able to see properly.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Sickening...

How about they fix that pretty obvious flaw. brb gonna write Dana white right now on twitter, I will fix this judging situation for you boys, dont worry

MonkeyMoney
    MonkeyMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

dana white is that you?