fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Outstanding Fedor E Career-Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZl1iZZMrcE

This guy was THE real deal...that 10-year, 50+ fights, duck-nobody period (in THIS sport and THAT division)...puts the UN in unbelievable.

Enjoy the amazing highlight reel...best fan-produced youtube effort of this sort i've yet seen.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

perhaps he should of ducked before Henderson starched him!

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

fighters careers are defined by their heydeys (not by their tail-ends)...Fedor's heyday was exceptionally long and exceptionally brilliant

for example one should consider Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker's brilliant several-year untouchable string...instead of knee-jerk defining him by his DeLaHoya-and-later tail-end...another good example is Chuck Lidell's last few fights...including losses to guys that no-one would think to place above him on any intelligent all-time list

almost every fighter's career has a denoument/demise...but it's that "sweet spot" middle or prime period that should be savoured and focused on when considering and ranking careers...the length and intensity of that period of brilliance defines that fighter (not the post-prime burn-/fade-out)

Sherdog has used this "compare careers by prime years" principle near-perfectly in

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...yweights-35201

Note that the first guy that Fedor should have ducked, Werdum (the guy who, in effect ended E's prime) is nonetheless wisely ranked below Fedor...career vs. career it's the correct evaluation, even tho it's counter to the mano-e-mano result)

BTW, FE is a massive feather in Hendo's career cap (which has to have him at/very near the top of any sensible LHW all-time list)...my point is that it doesn't tarnish E's legacy in the least, either
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-22-13 at 09:37 AM.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Fedor was a beast in his best days, one of the greatest of all time.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

fedor was a beast before other people knew how to fight
    even his prime skill set wouldnt be able to compete with a lot of modern day heavyweights or lhws

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

What can I bet on in this thread? Nothing? Oh, who cares.