Fenster
    Fenster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flip ya for real

UFC 155

In case you're gonna be busy on fight night, this post will give you an idea of how things will play out:

Christopher "The Crippler" Leben to defeat Derek "No Relation to Doyle" Brunson by knock-out in under 1.5 rounds.

Myles "The Rural Juror" Jury to defeat Michael Johnson via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27).

Alan "The Talent" Belcher to defeat Yushin Okami via TKO stoppage.

Erik Perez to defeat Byron Bloodworth ITD.

Constantinos Philipou to defeat Tim Boetsch via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Joe Lauzon to defeat Jim Miller via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28).

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

hmm Lauzon's first ever decision win to come against Jim Miller...get +615 on tht

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

That's one fight I'm not going to bet on, just going to sit back and enjoy...But if anyone wins a decision it's going to be Miller.
    Last edited by Bradbatross; 12-26-12 at 04:42 AM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Myles "The Rural Juror" Jury to defeat Michael Johnson via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27).
    Cool story broseph, do tell at parties

Fenster

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    hmm Lauzon's first ever decision win to come against Jim Miller...get +615 on tht
    Chances of it ending with Lauzon by Sub, Miller by Sub, and Miller be Decision are better, but I think Lauzon has a good enough chance at winning the decision and at that price, it is certainly worth a wager.

I'm on Lauzon +200 and +185 small and will also have small plays on Lauzon by Decision and Lauzon by Sub. If he loses, it will be the equivalent of losing one semi-large straight ML wager. I'm not overly confident in him, I just think getting him at +140 or better is great value.

Fenster

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Cool story broseph, do tell at parties
    I wouldn't play Jury at +120, as I think this fight is closer to a coin-flip, but at above +200, I'd be crazy to pass it up.

I think there is a very good chance that Myles Jury stays undefeated by outpointing Michael Johnson.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I wouldn't play Jury at +120, as I think this fight is closer to a coin-flip

Just what this forum needed, one more dumbass.
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave NunyaBidness 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Snake_Pliskan

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

this thread is gold

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

maybe he just hammered the jury line b/c johnson is currently -210. ill take da menace at -210 all day.

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Fukk yeah

I agree with every one of your picks except for Jim Miller. I think he takes that one by Split Decision...

Now let's talk Guillard/Varner

Holloway/Garcia

and Moraga/Cariaso

I was lookin to catch Moraga as a big dog vs. Cariaso, but he opened @ +125 and is now -200

Holloway opened at -350, was lookin to get a better number maybe around -250 since it's Garcia... guess Books are giving him no respect though!!

Guillard/Varner opened at nearly even again and is slowly moving towards Guillard..

Value on Leben I capped him at least -250.

Goodluck everyone.

kripsak
    kripsak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3693

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post

Holloway opened at -350, was lookin to get a better number maybe around -250 since it's Garcia... guess Books are giving him no respect though!!
    That line is f'n crazy, Holloway took the fight on 10 day notice. Yeah he just turned 21, so his cardio should be in tip top shape, but knowing Hawaii Guys and their conditioning, eating Spam & Rice, got me smh! Game planning for Garcia is a moot point since he always looks for a brawl, but it looks like Holloway will be spending most of his time cutting weight.

Garcia has a good gas tank, there's a slight chance Garcia can steal this fight by Dec.

We'll just have to see at the weigh-in's to make a better judgement on Holloway.
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave kripsak 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I missed moraga at +125. I caught duffee at -250, ill probably add the under 1.5 also or duffee by tko/ko

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duffee at his current price is kind of a bummer. I was hoping he'd get undervalued but oh well. Still enjoy seeing Crippler coming in as a favorite tho. Guy on a year plus layoff with all the problems he's been having ? Brunson all day.

Fenster

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    Fukk yeah

I agree with every one of your picks except for Jim Miller. I think he takes that one by Split Decision...

Now let's talk Guillard/Varner

Holloway/Garcia

and Moraga/Cariaso

I was lookin to catch Moraga as a big dog vs. Cariaso, but he opened @ +125 and is now -200

Guillard/Varner opened at nearly even again and is slowly moving towards Guillard..

Value on Leben I capped him at least -250.

Goodluck everyone.
    I like Holloway but not playing him, might play Duffee. De Fries has no KO power and I don't think he can get the fight to the mat.

Cariasco as a dog is good value but I might pass. I don't love any plays on this card.

Fenster

If you pounded every slight dog in a fight you believed to be a coin-flip, you would be one sorry loser.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I like Holloway but not playing him, might play Duffee. De Fries has no KO power and I don't think he can get the fight to the mat.

Cariasco as a dog is good value but I might pass. I don't love any plays on this card.
    De fries is to big not to hit hard, he should be much slower then duffee though. I think duffee at -250 is fair

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yeah sayin any HW doesnt hit hard is slightly naive. For all you know Duffee may never be same again after the Russow Fist of Doom!

Fenster

He may hit hard but he doesn't posses knockout power.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

If you pounded every slight dog in a fight you believed to be a coin-flip, you would be one sorry loser.
    That is only true if you are really bad at determining when a fight is a coinflip.

I'll tell you what then. We can flip coins all day and all night and you only have to lay me -110. If I'd get killed at +120, imagine how badly I'll do at +110!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Nunya'll flip ya fereal
    Points Awarded:

Fenster gave PunisherIND 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Fenster

That is only true if you are really bad at determining when a fight is a coinflip.

I'll tell you what then. We can flip coins all day and all night and you only have to lay me -110. If I'd get killed at +120, imagine how badly I'll do at +110!
    In either scenario, you're likely to end up losing.

If you believe a fight to be a coin-flip and are in fact right and bet on the +120 dog, you could still lose 10 out of 10 times. So just because I think the fight is a coin-flip doesn't mean the slight dog is a great play.

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I wouldn't call that fight a coin flip.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

If you believe a fight to be a coin-flip and are in fact right and bet on the +120 dog, you could still lose 10 out of 10 times. So just because I think the fight is a coin-flip doesn't mean the slight dog is a great play.
    Some would say any +EV play is great.
    +120 on a 50/50 fight is +EV.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Wow, you're serious.

I can fly to your location within 48 hours. How big can you gamble, how much money should I bring?

I'm feeling strong after my 4 figure Blokus win last night.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Some would say any +EV play is great.
    +120 on a 50/50 fight is +EV.
    It's not +EV, it's HUGELY +EV.

Some of you guys act like 20 cents means nothing. Baseball cappers are breaking their necks to pour money down at +105 at lines they cap at +103.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

It's not +EV, it's HUGELY +EV.

Some of you guys act like 20 cents means nothing. Baseball cappers are breaking their necks to pour money down at +105 at lines they cap at +103.
    20 cents ain't sh*t to ballers like us Nunya. We only pick WINNERZ!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Educ8d Degener8; 12-28-12 at 12:15 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness, and Vaughany

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Comedy

Fenster

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    20 cents ain't sh*t to ballers like us Nunya. We only pick WINNERZ!!!!!!!!!!
    Mothaf*ck a 20 cent.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Mothaf*ck a 20 cent.
    Fenster, is you gabers?

Fenster

Body language report:

I like to watch press conferences and fighter interviews. I can often tell when a fighter is being dishonest about something. I'm no Tim Roth but I am pretty good at spotting lies.

I watched Jim Miller talking about his weight-cut going well. He was clearly lying. Makes me feel better about my Lauzon play.

Seeing Cain Velasquez talk about his fight, he is confident he is going to win. He believes it. I remember before their first fight, he would be saying one thing and his face/body language would be saying another.

JDS believes he is going to win, as well.

I am waiting to see some Jamie Varner interviews. If he doesn't believe what he is saying, then I will be making a play on Melvin.

Fenster

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Fenster, is you gabers?
    Only if it's a good thing.

Beelzebubzy

Body language rereported do you have a polygraph test

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Body language report:

I like to watch press conferences and fighter interviews. I can often tell when a fighter is being dishonest about something. I'm no Tim Roth but I am pretty good at spotting lies.

I watched Jim Miller talking about his weight-cut going well. He was clearly lying. Makes me feel better about my Lauzon play.

Seeing Cain Velasquez talk about his fight, he is confident he is going to win. He believes it. I remember before their first fight, he would be saying one thing and his face/body language would be saying another.

JDS believes he is going to win, as well.

I am waiting to see some Jamie Varner interviews. If he doesn't believe what he is saying, then I will be making a play on Melvin.
    Well Miller had to cut 20lbs from yesterday so not surprising.

Beelzebubzy

Leben looked poor

12 Last