pongo7890
    pongo7890's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Thoughts on Kampmann

Hey I wanna know what you guys think about Martin Kampmann with regards to his upcoming fight on November 18th against Johny Hendricks.

I was very surprised to see Hendricks came in as the favorite,I suppose he only has one loss but still...He has never really faced anyone as good as Kampmann, bar Jon Fitch but he caught Fitch with a lucky shot.

Just wondering if you guys think its a good bet to back Kampmann,I already have a bit of money on him,because I personally think he will win,I hope I dont eat my words...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Certainly won't be playing Hendricks as favourite. Kampmann won 3 fights in a row as underdog. Would of been more confident in him had it been a 5 rounder

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Certainly won't be playing Hendricks as favourite. Kampmann won 3 fights in a row as underdog. Would of been more confident in him had it been a 5 rounder
    Kampmann has underrated wrestling and Hendricks has been taken down by worse wrestlers before

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

indeed bubz...unfortunately he is very easy to punch in the face which always makes me question playing him! (tis why I didnt play him against Ellenberger but he still managed to survive the early onslaught...not sure how many times he can keep doing tht tho). Will probably put fight goes distance in a parlay

Beelzebubzy

Hendricks ko of the night and kampmann by dec
    of course depending On odds

Beelzebubzy

V how would you rate kampmann a top control?
    I only recall Hendricks guard in the pierce fight and he looked for the standup most time he is taken down he is looking for a switch or to get back

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Well Kampmann has got bigger dudes then Hendricks down before and kept them there (and usually led to submission win) like Rivera and Drew McFedries but then they are no where near the level of Hendricks in terms of wrestling ability. He also controlled P.Thiago on the mat for portions of their fight, mostly the third round. I think he had some success with controlling Condit as well but I need to watch that fight again.

I think Kampmann could trip Hendricks to the mat if he surprises him but I'd be surprised if he keeps him there. He could use it to his benefit tho and try and transition to a guillotine or something as Hendricks gets up. After seeing Kampmann sub Thiago Alves with a guillotine which I really didnt think would happen I wouldn't be surprised if he caught Hendricks in something similar. Hendricks hasnt really faced anybody who offered as big a submission threat as Kampmann does. Obviously TJ Waldburger has a dangerous guard but that fight didnt last long so we didnt get to see him use it, plus he is was not at Kampmann's level. But in recent fights Hendricks has been matched up with a bunch of wrestlers in Pierce, Fitch, and Koscheck....three guys who he didnt really have to worry too much about getting submitted if he went for a takedown or got taken down himself - his main concerns were their take-down offence and defence and their power (in Koscheck and Pierce's case anyway). Kampmann offers a different threat... as well as having a more diverse and slick submission game, he also has more technical striking but is less powerful then likes of Koscheck, Pierce, and Story (the three guys that have come closest to beating Hendricks or in Story's case have actually beat him). Interesting to see if this is the kind of style that can cause Hendricks a lot more problems than he's had in last few fights.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Kampmann certainly couldn't be favored after coming off ACL surgery. His "strategy" of getting his ass kicked for 80% of the fight and pulling off comebacks will catch up with him. Hendricks has a lot of power and Kampmann has struggled with heavy handed opponents. This should get closer to evens by fight night. Will be interesting to see how Hendricks responds to a step up in competition.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Kampmann certainly couldn't be favored after coming off ACL surgery. His "strategy" of getting his ass kicked for 80% of the fight and pulling off comebacks will catch up with him. Hendricks has a lot of power and Kampmann has struggled with heavy handed opponents. This should get closer to evens by fight night. Will be interesting to see how Hendricks responds to a step up in competition.
    ha yeah it's crazy. Even Thales Leites dropped him in first round of their fight!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Well start pounding the fuk outa Hitman then...

I want a better price on Johney. I have Hendricks in a few open ended parlays. Hendricks presents someone with KO power and enough cardio to go the dist. I think Hendrick's scrambling has only improved with his time.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

ha yeah it's crazy. Even Thales Leites dropped him in first round of their fight!
    Lol that's saying something! I love watching Kampmann's fights, they are always entertaining. Capping his fights are tough though because sooner or later, the damage he takes will add up and he won't be able to recover as well as he has in the past. I loved him as a dog his last 2 fights, this one will be tough. As of now, the play would have to be Kampmann. He is the more complete fighter and Hendricks will have to fend off a lot of sub attempts if he takes it to the ground. Will be interesting to see how the line moves as the fight approaches.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

You run a high risk losing on both bets. You trust the judges to get it right, and a weaker fighter at least technically to win by KO. I would reconsider.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    You run a high risk losing on both bets. You trust the judges to get it right, and a weaker fighter at least technically to win by KO. I would reconsider.
    Excellent counter point.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1950

I noticed that Kampmann and the Korean Zombies tend to win as underdogs. Good value on these fighters.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I noticed that Kampmann and the Korean Zombies tend to win as underdogs. Good value on these fighters.
    There is more than one Korean Zombie? Holy penetrate

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

kampmanns got this.

pongo7890
    pongo7890's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Yeh I agree, I dont ever see it being smart to bet against Kampmann.

ermzzy
    ermzzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

avoid this fight, hendricks has power in his hands and kampmann gets HIT ALOT. he can get an early tko, but knowing kampmann durability who knows, i think as the fight goes further it favors kampmann, i would avoid this fight or bet small

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Tough fight to bet, but i think hendricks takes it.

Degenregen
    Degenregen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kampmann looked good smothering Story, but Story has never had great defensive wrestling. See: Charlie Brenneman. Hendricks did well keeping it standing vs Kos, I don't see how Hendricks gets taken down. Hendricks has power and wrestling advantage here. I think he gets the KO or decision. For a Kampmann win I think he's going to need another comeback finish.
    Last edited by Degenregen; 10-16-12 at 03:40 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Still one of my favourite fights of all time....Kampmann vs Condit...first fight I ever bet on I think - was on Condit...still think it should of been a draw or Condit win! Hopefully see them have a re-match next year...

http://www.mmavideofights.net/6046/c...ight-night-18/
    Last edited by Vaughany; 10-17-12 at 03:53 PM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1950

Oops, accidently put an s on my message, lol.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

I like Kampmann in this fight.
    I wish I could parlay him, Cormier (vs Mir), JDS (vs Velasquez) and Carwin (vs Nelson), but I can't find all four of these fights at any respectable book.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still one of my favourite fights of all time....Kampmann vs Condit...first fight I ever bet on I think - was on Condit...still think it should of been a draw or Condit win! Hopefully see them have a re-match next year...

http://www.mmavideofights.net/6046/c...ight-night-18/
    I was on Kampmann. Was a damn good fight tho.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by pongo7890 View Post
    Yeh I agree, I dont ever see it being smart to bet against Kampmann.
    and i don't ever ever see it smart to bet him. This has all the makings of a fight u pass on.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Would of been very smart to bet on him in his last three fights!