Gleison Tibau vs Francisco Trinaldo
    Diego Brandao vs Joey Gambino

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
    Sergio Moraes vs Renee Forte
    Luiz Cané vs Chris Camozzi
    Cristiano Marcello vs Reza Madadi

Odds so far:

Fighters I'm probably going to bet on (so far):

A Silva: I'm pretty much parlaing this with everything to get a bit more juice. I do not recommend it though.

Fitch @ +100 or more: Seriusly, WTF is wrong with the bookmakers? How can they have Silva as favored when his most relevant win is against Charlie Brenneman? Brenneman was also able to take him down more than once, but it wasn't able to keep him down long enough. Fitch has better striking, better takedowns and better control on the ground, he should easily be able to keep Silva on the mat. Am I missing something?

Nogueira: Herman is a can. Period. Nog is far better than Herman, the only way he can lose is by a KO in the first round, but that won't happens since Big Nog has a granite chin. Then, as cherry on the pie, Herman gasses out. Hope to get good lines since Nog comes off a loss and a long layoff.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Teixeira -325, decent

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

I agree with Fitch but I'll prolly have to lay off since he's my fav fighter and I'm prolly biased.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    I agree with Fitch but I'll prolly have to lay off since he's my fav fighter and I'm prolly biased.
    are you related to him or something?

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Jesus doesnt like violence...he loves hugs. Maybe?
    Points Awarded:

cheeese gave Grabaka 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Educ8d Degener8, Jesus Christ, and Beelzebubzy

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post

I had about 5k on him against Alves the second time around and even with pressure to be "exciting" he fought his fight and won me some real money as a slight dog.

It was my first ever large wager on mma and since then I've always liked him.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Erick Silva might be over hyped.

I'm going to rewatch the past fight footage of Erick Silva and Jon Fitch before making a conclusion.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Joe Rogan is overrating Stephen Bonnar to make it sound like he has a legit chance to defeat Anderson Silva. I don't see it in the past fight footage.

Jerseychi
    Jerseychi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

I like Fitch by his usual fitching. He's been able to fitch almost all of his opponents except GSP and Hendricks.

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

I have 2.6g on Eric Silva. My 3rd largest bet ever.

largest is 1g on Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz @+160, add 2.5g on Carlos Condit @+184 (3.5g)
    2.7g on Mr. Wonderful vs Rasha Evans --fail--
    2.6g on Daniel Pineda vs Mike Brown -- fail --

now this bet, hoping I am 2-2 not 1-4 for big bet.
    My only concern with this bet is how well Eric preform if goes deep. Fitch will be fitch from the get go to end of 3rd round. Eric for sure will slow down as the fight progress, I see this fight like Aaron Simpson vs Mike Pierce fight or Danny Castillo vs Michael Johnson fight. Eric for sure will dominated 1st round but if he can't finished, how much he have left for 2rd and 3rd round? But Eric is much younger than Castillo or Aaron Simpson.
    Last edited by GigaOuts; 10-07-12 at 02:33 AM.

Mercurial
    Mercurial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I think it's all gonna depend on the first round. If Fitch gets a hold of him and wears him down, he'll have an advantage in the 2nd and 3rd ( something he couldn't do with BJ ). Silva is young and hungry, you can definitely see fire in his eyes. I somehow see Silva winning but its a risky pick.

Edit: Other picks hmm...
    Silva vs Bonnar match-up left me speechless.
    Nogueira > Herman
    Texiera > Maldonado

Story vs Maia is the matchup I wont bet on. Maia looked good in the DHK fight, he has been working on his takedowns obviously, but I see him as an inconsistent fighter. Story doesn't have the best takedown defense but comes out swinging every fight. If Maia shows up for the fight, he can finish/grind out a decision, otherwise its gonna be Weidman Maia 2.
    Last edited by Mercurial; 10-07-12 at 03:05 AM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

+109 on Fitch is hard to pass up, does the 12 second KO loss to Hendricks really drop him down that far. The guy was basically the 2nd best welterweight for the last 4 years and can still grind out most welterweights.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    I have 2.6g on Eric Silva. My 3rd largest bet ever.

largest is 1g on Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz @+160, add 2.5g on Carlos Condit @+184 (3.5g)
    2.7g on Mr. Wonderful vs Rasha Evans --fail--
    2.6g on Daniel Pineda vs Mike Brown -- fail --

now this bet, hoping I am 2-2 not 1-4 for big bet.
    My only concern with this bet is how well Eric preform if goes deep. Fitch will be fitch from the get go to end of 3rd round. Eric for sure will slow down as the fight progress, I see this fight like Aaron Simpson vs Mike Pierce fight or Danny Castillo vs Michael Johnson fight. Eric for sure will dominated 1st round but if he can't finished, how much he have left for 2rd and 3rd round? But Eric is much younger than Castillo or Aaron Simpson.
    u should be 0-3, diaz was robbed

Fragoel2
    Fragoel2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Joe Rogan is overrating Stephen Bonnar to make it sound like he has a legit chance to defeat Anderson Silva. I don't see it in the past fight footage.
    Hyping fights is his friggin job.

Fitch is far better than Brenneman in every aspect, so he should be able to do what Brenneman did (take Silva down) but far better. I see him eating less shots and keeping Silva on the ground more. Also, worst comes to worst, Fitch has an okay standup (Charlie doesn't).

As for Maia - Story, I give a technical edge to Maia but Story is bigger and stronger... too close.

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    u should be 0-3, diaz was robbed
    Robbed? I think that word is over use but I do admit it a close ass fight.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Demian Maia all day

Mercurial

I see people repeating what Joe Rogan says over and over again. He's a very good commentator just a bit too biased sometimes. And no I'm not saying go rewatch Rua vs Machida but go rewatch Couture vs Machida, Vera vs Shogun or Tibau vs Nurmagomedov.

Regarding Fitch vs Silva - Silva is still considered a newcommer, therefore it's a close call. Comparing Brenneman and Fitch is plain stupid, since this is MMA not math. You could've compared Hendricks with any other Fitch's previous opponent the same way and make a point that Fitch would win.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

damnit, missed the +370 on maldanado.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Phil Davis at -335, beautiful.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

parlaying texeira -290 and big nog -215

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

surprised money came in on Herman on sportbet/5dimes. I played Big Nog

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    surprised money came in on Herman on sportbet/5dimes. I played Big Nog

events like this cause bias against Nog.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Nog is the play for me. If this hits the ground it's over in a minute
    I'm guessing the V approved play is Nog Sotn hedged with Herman by ko

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Nog is the play for me. If this hits the ground it's over in a minute
    I'm guessing the V approved play is Nog Sotn hedged with Herman by ko
    yes, I would have to approve that squire
    Last edited by Vaughany; 10-07-12 at 12:27 PM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    Robbed? I think that word is over use but I do admit it a close ass fight.
    Nah, only thing missing was holding a gun to Diaz's head while Dana wrapped the belt around Condit's waist.

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm planning on allocating £600 to this event. So far I've put £50 on Erick Silva and £50 on Maia. I feel very very strong about both, but doing some more research on the undercard fights before putting any more down on them. I'm planning on making a big play on Nog, moderate on Davis and tiny bet on Maldonado as I like him a lot but don't really think he has a great shot. Probably see what the Anderson KO/round 2 odds come out at also.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm surprised Maldonado isn't getting a bit more love. While i think Texiera may have the slight edge, Maldano is one tough dude and should give him all he can handle. Only thing that sucks is body blows apparently don't score as many points as everything else in mma. I still think he's a live dog though.

ShotgunRua

I've been rewatching Maldonado and Glover fights this afternoon and I think I'm actually gonna make a decent play on Glover. I hate when a fighter is massively hyped after doing virtually nothing but this will not go well for Maldonado. He defense is not adequate for what Glover will be throwing at him. Glad I spent some time on this as I think this will be one of my major plays.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Didnt Kingsbu win tht fight because of takedowns and some brief periods of top control? Surely Glover can get Maldonado to the mat if Kingsbu can

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Erick Silva is the strongest play on the board.

Hmmm, how can it be that the oddsmakers have it pretty even? Probably because he is a beast in the making and squares will be on Fitch...because of his name.

The UFC hates Fitch. They see a prospect in Erick Silva in a division lacking good Brazilian fighters. Hmm, they gave Fitch coming off a KO loss a upcoming Brazilian fighter...in Brazil? Hmmm... If they didn't think Erick matches up well why would they make that fight? They want Fitch to lay on an exciting prospect? Don't think so.

Also this is in Brazil. You think there won't be quicker stand ups?

Fitch is almost 35 years old. People need to get off names of the past. He has never had explosive TDs. He drags guys down and hold them. He got his ass whooped by BJ Penn an old 155er. Until BJ gassed like he always does. Silva is a legit WW, very strong. Very well-rounded. Very motivated to win this.

Erick Silva win probably inside the distance.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

LOL that Fitch has better striking than Erick Silva.

On what planet?

ShotgunRua

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Didnt Kingsbu win tht fight because of takedowns and some brief periods of top control? Surely Glover can get Maldonado to the mat if Kingsbu can
    Yeah, not that I think he'll need to make that a priority, Maldonado's defense standing is severely lacking.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Erick Silva is the strongest play on the board.

Hmmm, how can it be that the oddsmakers have it pretty even? Probably because he is a beast in the making and squares will be on Fitch...because of his name.

The UFC hates Fitch. They see a prospect in Erick Silva in a division lacking good Brazilian fighters. Hmm, they gave Fitch coming off a KO loss a upcoming Brazilian fighter...in Brazil? Hmmm... If they didn't think Erick matches up well why would they make that fight? They want Fitch to lay on an exciting prospect? Don't think so.

Fitch is almost 35 years old. People need to get off names of the past. He has never had explosive TDs. He drags guys down and hold them. He got his ass whooped by BJ Penn an old 155er. Until BJ gassed like he always does. Silva is a legit WW, very strong. Very well-rounded. Very motivated to win this.

Erick Silva win probably inside the distance.
    yeah you are right, UFC probably do want FItch to lose and want to push Erick Silva...but these kind of situations have not gone to plan and been a surprise in the past

Mercurial

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post

You make an AWESOME point there. Remember the Mirgliotta stand-up on Vitor vs Rumble after the crowd started booing?

Also, I sometimes find it difficult to bet on fights where I haven't seen one of the fighters fight at least 2 or 3 times before, like Davis vs Prado. I know Davis is awesome but Prado ?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunRua View Post
    Yeah, not that I think he'll need to make that a priority, Maldonado's defense standing is severely lacking.
    It is, but he's a lot less dangerous off his back then if he's standing...no-brainer if your priority is to win the fight

1234 ... Last