MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah Castillo is due a loss...morale cant be good at Team Alpha Fail right now! He scraped the win against Njokuani, Johnson although not as good a striker as Njo, does at least have some sort of a wrestling background and has decent movement so will be difficult for Castillo to get the takedown. Other than that he just has to worry about Castillo's big telegraphed over-hand right
    Believe it or not, Johnson is a wrestle-puncher, Bader-style. He just upped his striking game considerably by joining Blackzillians. He wasn't always good at striking, especially not on TUF. I've also noticed how much Alpha Male have been struggling in big fights recently. All of their fighters lose when it matters most.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    What's your analysis of the fight? I feel pretty strongly the other way. I don't see how a slow, plodding guy like Bigfoot, with a head the size of a medicine ball and no head movement, is going to be able to compete with a guy who's taller, much faster, with a huge reach (although Bigfoot has the edge here), very effective striking and very good knockout power. He's a Greg Jackson fighter, also.
    Bigfoot is going to have to dig deep to win this one, don't get me wrong. But when I look at Browne, I see a big heavyweight whose striking is sloppy though powerful, and his wrestling is incredibly basic. He's a very hot and cold fighter, look at his fights with Kongo and Broughton. He looked gassed as hell at the end of the Struve fight.

Bigfoot has big power, good cardio and is gonna be the first guy who is noticeably bigger than Browne. Struve was only 10lbs heavier, while Bigfoot is going to be almost 30lbs heavier on fight night. Browne hasn't displayed (as far as I know) the wrestling skill to stop Bigfoot from taking him down or pushing him up against the cage. Browne will gas and be G&P'ed out.

Not that I'd be surprised if Browne doesn't land a huge bomb and knock out Bigfoot.

Also, Jackson heavyweights are now all pretty much garbage.

Fragoel2
    Fragoel2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Bigfoot is going to have to dig deep to win this one, don't get me wrong. But when I look at Browne, I see a big heavyweight whose striking is sloppy though powerful, and his wrestling is incredibly basic. He's a very hot and cold fighter, look at his fights with Kongo and Broughton. He looked gassed as hell at the end of the Struve fight.
    Yeah, as I already said I like Bigfoot in this fight, pretty much for the same reasons. But you've explained it far better than me.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am liking Browne here. Will be going rather large on him.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

I like Browne too, but not so confident as DirtyX.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post

Bigfoot has big power, good cardio and is gonna be the first guy who is noticeably bigger than Browne. Struve was only 10lbs heavier, while Bigfoot is going to be almost 30lbs heavier on fight night. Browne hasn't displayed (as far as I know) the wrestling skill to stop Bigfoot from taking him down or pushing him up against the cage. Browne will gas and be G&P'ed out.

Not that I'd be surprised if Browne doesn't land a huge bomb and knock out Bigfoot.

Also, Jackson heavyweights are now all pretty much garbage.
    Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. Fair analysis. One thing I should bring up is that Browne has a very strong BJJ game, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were able to sweep Bigfoot from the bottom. On top of that, he should be able to keep someone as slow as Bigfoot at range with his striking. I also disagree with him being gassed at the end of the Struve fight.

Jackson may not have good heavyweights, but it's his game-planning that's important here, I believe. Browne has the tools to beat Bigfoot the overwhelming majority of the time, I believe. The question is in whether or not he can put them together.

Also, tried to give you betpoints, but I couldn't. Oh well.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Sweep him from bottom. Lol.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nick Papageorgio

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Browne is gonna fight for the title 2013

MMA Fan
    MMA Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Travis Browne hasn't shown much to warrant being a favorite over Bigfoot, has he? He had that awful decision win against the Brit, a razor thin hug fest fight with Kongo, and finished a guy that was mounted by Bobby Lashley.

Anyone doing NOT TO GO TO DECISION? There's a chance of an idle clinch fest, certainly, but there's a lot of power involved and durability and cardio question marks. As I see it, Browne tries to stay upright and Silva tries for the takedown. In Bigfoot's world, Browne likely cannot survive. Standing, either guy can get the KO.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

I think im going for Silva in this one. Browne was horrible against Broughton I think, big heavyweight, they dont come much bigger than Silva, if Browne wins I think its by a big KO, if he dont get that I dont think he wins this.

Fragoel2
    Fragoel2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thoughts on Dodson - Da Silva? I hope to get a good line on Dodson since, while on paper Da Silva is superior, Dodson has that Mighy Mousesque combination of speed and power that should prevent him from going to the ground and more in general match well against his opponent.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. Fair analysis. One thing I should bring up is that Browne has a very strong BJJ game, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were able to sweep Bigfoot from the bottom. On top of that, he should be able to keep someone as slow as Bigfoot at range with his striking. I also disagree with him being gassed at the end of the Struve fight.

Jackson may not have good heavyweights, but it's his game-planning that's important here, I believe. Browne has the tools to beat Bigfoot the overwhelming majority of the time, I believe. The question is in whether or not he can put them together.

Also, tried to give you betpoints, but I couldn't. Oh well.
    Wow, ambitious!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Going to the event!

Splurged on the higher priced tickets... (no homo)

Lots of WRASTLERS that I am egerly waiting odds to show for.

Get ready to POUND boys...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Looking forward to Volkman/Roller odds.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Looking forward to Volkman/Roller odds.
    Wrestler vs wrestler though bro! How do you pick between them?!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Waiting for odds. Will most likely have a writeup on this one.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's easy V... You fade Roller any chance you get !

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Volkmann has beat, castillo, escudero, torres, and mckee. Dan hardy got a title shot for beating way lesser qualified opponents. His striking is horrible though. Doesnt seem to develop at all.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Volkmann has beat, castillo, escudero, torres, and mckee. Dan hardy got a title shot for beating way lesser qualified opponents. His striking is horrible though. Doesnt seem to develop at all.
    yeah, you can just tell he's one of those guys who's never going to be comfortable striking, and is going to have to pretty much rely on basics like a jab to help him set-up getting the fight to the mat. At least Roller has some power in his striking even if he's technically very average

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Roller vs volkmann for Not fight of the night is a lock

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

@JacobVolkmannI'm going to break Shane Roller mentally and physically University of Minnesota Wrestling style. @ufc@GopherHole

bjpenn85

He should move down to thailand for a couple of months. I think maybe the logistics of traveling hurt volkmans striking. ideally he should move to a place only focusing on striking. But he has a clinic to run.

Honestly Volkmann is a big douche, i hope gets cut, and his clinic burns to the ground. He seems stupid and arrogant. If youre a republican you deserve punshiment for not understanding politics. Thats my humble opinion.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Not sure what's humble about that opinion!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    He should move down to thailand for a couple of months. I think maybe the logistics of traveling hurt volkmans striking. ideally he should move to a place only focusing on striking. But he has a clinic to run.

Honestly Volkmann is a big douche, i hope gets cut, and his clinic burns to the ground. He seems stupid and arrogant. If youre a republican you deserve punishment for not understanding politics. That's my humble opinion.
    haha Im not a big fan either, dude freaks me out a little with his awkwardness! Hoping Roller lands one of his lucky hay-makers like in Tavares fight

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

haha Im not a big fan either, dude freaks me out a little with his awkwardness! Hoping Roller lands one of his lucky hay-makers like in Tavares fight
    sounds like you won't be wagering on volkmann, then.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    sounds like you won't be wagering on volkmann, then.
    Depends on odds. I've bet on him in some form in every fight he's had apart from the Sass and Kampmann fights (and I probably would of bet on him against Sass but I think I was in Holland for tht Festival that wknd and didnt get a chance to).

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Volkmann is coming off a loss, and Roller is off a win, so Volkmann should probably be like +230, right guys?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Volkmann is coming off a loss, and Roller is off a win, so Volkmann should probably be like +230, right guys?
    ha oh for sure

bjpenn85

Yeah. +230 is about right. I would never wager on volkmann under +230.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Volkman Blows. Roller all in.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-15-15 at 12:12 PM. Reason: image does not exist
    Points Awarded:

BIGDAY gave Vaughany 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gabe gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Roller

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Rollers fists did not knock out Tavares

The wind did.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-15-15 at 12:12 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Going to the event!
    Get ready to POUND boys...
    It's not a Penn State football game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gabe, and Vaughany

First 12345 ... Last