gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    the thing is, the prelims were already scheduled for facebook and fuel tv. so why not keep the prelims as scheduled, and see if they could stick the 4 remaining main card fights on FX? and if not, just scrap those 4 fights and keep the prelims as scheduled. and offer a refund for anyone who bought tickets (like they did with the brazil event).

perhaps its not as simple as that, but it doesnt sound like they even entertained the idea of salvaging the rest of the card.
    you're not thinking about the people attending the event. they won't want to go to that.

but yeah, better than nothing.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    you're not thinking about the people attending the event. they won't want to go to that.

but yeah, better than nothing.
    i am sure there are a lot of factors that we arent considering, but with respect to people attending the event, they should offer a refund like they did with the brazil event. they basically gave everyone a 3 day window to request a refund because of all the injuries that affected that card. actually, what they should have done is gave people an option: (a) if you dont want to go to the event, you get a full refund; or (b) if you still want to go to the event, you get half your money back.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

How do I know which fighter I had picked to win the fight? By knowing what the match-ups are and handicapping them ahead of time. I knew who I was going to be making plays on, how retarded is it to ask me how? I'm betting on fighters, not lines. Obviously if the line for Volkmann is -1000, I wouldn't bet it, but let's just assume all the lines for the fighters I liked would be reasonable.
    You are betting on lines! This is why people on here give you shit!

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Unreal Dana snap cancels the whole thing. Screw both of them.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    You are betting on lines! This is why people on here give you shit!
    I'm going to bet on Volkmann whether he is -120 or -420, so why are you wasting time asking stupid shit? Why didn't you respond to V saying "Why would you ask such a question? How could he know who he's betting on if the lines aren't out?"

Guess what? There are fighters I know I'm betting on long before lines ever come out. I was hoping to get Nik Lentz at around -220 but didn't have a problem taking him at -400 then again at -500. Sure, I'm hoping to get good lines on fighters I'm looking to bet on, but wtf does that have to do with the fact that I want to bet them? Sometimes, lines come out worse than I hope, and other times they come out better. I didn't expect Eddie Yagin to be such a big dog, but shit, I'll take it! I handicap fights long before the lines are out, not after.

If you were gonna ask such a ridiculous question, it should have been directed at V, since he asked me who I was planning on playing... he also mentioned he was gonna play Mizugaki.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29192

Chael Sonnen on sportcenter at 5:20pm

should be entertaining

Vitooch
    Dayman

I'm going to bet on Volkmann whether he is -120 or -420, so why are you wasting time asking stupid shit? Why didn't you respond to V saying "Why would you ask such a question? How could he know who he's betting on if the lines aren't out?"

Guess what? There are fighters I know I'm betting on long before lines ever come out. I was hoping to get Nik Lentz at around -220 but didn't have a problem taking him at -400 then again at -500. Sure, I'm hoping to get good lines on fighters I'm looking to bet on, but wtf does that have to do with the fact that I want to bet them? Sometimes, lines come out worse than I hope, and other times they come out better. I didn't expect Eddie Yagin to be such a big dog, but shit, I'll take it! I handicap fights long before the lines are out, not after.

If you were gonna ask such a ridiculous question, it should have been directed at V, since he asked me who I was planning on playing... he also mentioned he was gonna play Mizugaki.
    It was a stupid question by V.. Please don't ban me V

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29192

sonnen: "i offered bones my entire cut of the purse, just so guys on undercard get their paychecks"

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

i am sure there are a lot of factors that we arent considering, but with respect to people attending the event, they should offer a refund like they did with the brazil event. they basically gave everyone a 3 day window to request a refund because of all the injuries that affected that card. actually, what they should have done is gave people an option: (a) if you dont want to go to the event, you get a full refund; or (b) if you still want to go to the event, you get half your money back.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

White was still piecing through the financial repercussions of the decision, but said fans who bought tickets to the event will be issued refunds. As for those who purchased plane tickets and hotel rooms to see the fight, he hoped they could get a refund or divert their trips to UFC 152.

lol. yea right.
    haha yeah no probs Dana

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah, I should of said "dependent on line value" really, but I couldnt be arsed as I was watchn about 5 soccer games and playing poker at same time! Should have a general disclaimer though that I mean dependent on lines (but it's pretty obvious with matchups like Mizugaki vs Hougland that the line is gonna be -300 range) I know by now that Gabe isnt bothered about the line (unless it's extreme like he said with Volkmann being -1000 he wouldnt play) so I dont bother mentioning the lines/potential lines when speaking to him particularly about his potential plays

Vitooch
    Dayman

The Bridge MMA ‏@thebridgemma
    Jon Jones sent this message to a member of our community in RE: to Derek Brunson's loss last weekend.http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p587/heyyochico/edcf93f3.png

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imsmarterthanu View Post
    this is what i hate about ufc it seems like every other event the main event gets scrapped or replaced with some other bullshit fight because a fighter gets "injured". This fuking injury shit is getting annoying but to be perfectly honest that whole card was pretty weak besides hendo vs jones every other fight looked semi weak. Ufc 152 is looking pretty good now. Dana must be pissed first event in ufc history to be canceled, all those tickets have to be refunded all the money from ppv lost, all kinds of shit in the toilet and you know why ? Because they were riding the main event too hard, that was their only bait, the rest of the card was shit so they can't even ppv the rest of the card.
    this ^^^

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha that's your first strike. 17 more and you're out of here compadre

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jon Jones sent this message to a member of our community in RE: to Derek Brunson's loss last weekend.http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p587/heyyochico/edcf93f3.png
    ha it's pretty clear now after the DUI and things like this that Jones isn't the "perfect role model" like he is portrayed and portrays himself to be. But cant blame him for lashing out in defence of his homeboi Brunson to be fair. Knowing Bones he was probably drunk by himself cruising round in his escalade like Nas!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha that's your first strike. 17 more and you're out of here compadre
    lol i love u v

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol i love u v
    No more funny games around here Gabe...times be changing with me and Bigday in charge of this town.. zero-tolerance ruling in effect

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn so whats the rule here for the ellenburger bets? Cancelled right?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

lol kid cant even trash talk right. Hope he gets hit by a drunk driver. I'm serious.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    damn so whats the rule here for the ellenburger bets? Cancelled right?
    yeee

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    No more funny games around here Gabe...times be changing with me and Bigday in charge of this town.. zero-tolerance ruling in effect

haha

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    lol kid cant even trash talk right. Hope he gets hit by a drunk driver. I'm serious.

Your douchebaggery is legendary.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

"… Of course we thought about (the possibility of losing). But again, this is much bigger than just about Chael. Sometimes in life, things happen that are bigger than what's best for you. It's about what's best for everybody. That's the way we felt about it. It was a huge risk for Chael, and not a very big upside. But he wanted to do it. We wanted to be there for everybody, because that's what everybody should do."

Vitooch
    Dayman

Just came in 2nd in Sbr poker tourney, Nunya would be proud

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Your douchebaggery is legendary.
    Just waking up from your e-ko? Never saw you post again in the strikeforce thread.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani Ok, maybe Chael is the only winner today. Speaking of which, this might be the greatest double turn since Hart/Austin at WM 13

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Card was weak, I'm sure Dana throws the undercard guys "bonuses" or picks up the tab on training. Setting up a title fight on 8 days notice is bad all around. No time to promote, opponent is not going to be deserving. Bones is going to take all the heat for this when in reality, it should be Dana. If this were a more stacked card, you could promote something else to the main event and shelf the title fight for a PPV or 2.

When I dropped big $ to see JDS vs. Overeem, seeing JDS vs. Mir for a fake title shot did not appease me. Luckily, the rest of the card had great fights. An all around solid card. UFC 149, this card...Dana has to learn that you can't keep expecting fans to shell out big bucks for shit cards. If injuries are abundant, you need to cut down on the big PPV's and make sure each one has 3 solid fights. You can still have the Fuel cards and the FX cards with TUF and undercard talent, but when people plan on dropping thousands of dollars on expenses and tickets, those cards need to deliver.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

it becomes clear why they decided to keep 152 as 152 rather than re-number it: ufc just issued an official press release that said "ufc 151 will be remembered as the event jon jones and greg jackson murdered." wow. they are laying it on thick right now.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Knowing the ramifications of him rejecting a fight with Sonnen, why wouldn't he take the fight? A) It will potentially be a much more lucrative figh than a fight with Machida (A "business-man" like Jones should realize this) B) He's had a full training camp C) Sonnen is a ******* MW who is most likely out of shape fighting on 8 days notice C) Jones says he's "fighting mainly for the money, quite frankly", so why does he all of a sudden care so much about losing? D) Sonnen is not a completely different stylistic matchup for Jones than Hendo. Preparation for Sonnen's skillset shouldn't be too difficult.

Dana put Jones in a difficult predicament, but knowing how many people he and Dana would be ******* over financially if he rejects the fight, and knowing how much of the blame he would receive, why wouldn't he just take one for the team. I would understand him rejecting a fight against someone like Gus, but Sonnen? The guy you've called a joke? This was all unnecessary.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

it becomes clear why they decided to keep 152 as 152 rather than re-number it: ufc just issued an official press release that said "ufc 151 will be remembered as the event jon jones and greg jackson murdered." wow. they are laying it on thick right now.
    Wow, incredibly unprofessional. Dana can be a genius at times and a petulant child at others.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Evan Collins' tweet wins...

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Knowing the ramifications of him rejecting a fight with Sonnen, why wouldn't he take the fight? A) It will potentially be a much more lucrative figh than a fight with Machida (A "business-man" like Jones should realize this)
    not necessarily b/c they would only have 8 days to promote the fight. yes, the sonnen fight would have greater selling potential, but wouldnt you want to maximize that potential with a full marketing campaign? primetime show, etc.

B) He's had a full training camp C) Sonnen is a ******* MW who is most likely out of shape fighting on 8 days notice C) Jones says he's "fighting mainly for the money, quite frankly", so why does he all of a sudden care so much about losing? D) Sonnen is not a completely different stylistic matchup for Jones than Hendo. Preparation for Sonnen's skillset shouldn't be too difficult.
    sorry vito, i think this is mostly incorrect or irrelevant. you are assuming jones' decision was based on a fear of losing, but i dont think it was. i think it was mostly, if not all about squids. also, i think vaughany mentioned this, hendo and sonnen aren't that similar stylistically at this point in their careers.

Dana put Jones in a difficult predicament, but knowing how many people he and Dana would be ******* over financially if he rejects the fight, and knowing how much of the blame he would receive, why wouldn't he just take one for the team. I would understand him rejecting a fight against someone like Gus, but Sonnen? The guy you've called a joke? This was all unnecessary.
    this isnt a team game man. the ufc is not jon jones' team. dana did put him in a tight spot, and he probably thought jones would comply rather than face all this backlash. honestly, its kinda focked up that dana put the fate of the entire card on jones shoulders that way. and now he is throwing jones under the bus, when in reality, it was a business decision by zuffa and a business decision by jones.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Evan Collins' tweet wins...

LMAO! that is classic. yo did jones really tweet that he didnt turn the fight down?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

anyone have their bets refunded from 5Dimes yet? For some god damn reason they are holding my ellenburger bet.

First ... 56789 Last