jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Manny won say review experts

Members of a five-man review panel have ruled that Manny Pacquiao should have been declared the winner of his bout against Timothy Bradley.
    The WBO reported on its website on Thursday that all five members of a special panel it had asked to review the controversial welterweight title bout in Las Vegas on June 9 scored it in favour of Pacquiao.
    The organisation said it could not overturn the result of the fight or ask Bradley to surrender the belt, but it could authorise a rematch.
    Pacquiao said in a telephone call from the Philippines, "I hope with this ruling the public's faith in boxing would be restored.
    "I was not surprised by the WBO ruling. I knew I won; so did the whole world. But that is already over and I am now focusing on the next fight."
    The 33-year-old former champion said he and his promoter, Bob Arum, would discuss his next move at a meeting in Los Angeles next week, but he remained coy on who his next opponent would be.
    "We will soon find out whom I will fight next," he said, when asked if he was aiming for a rematch against Bradley.
    The American snatched Pacquiao's WBO belt on a split decision and snapped Pacquiao's 15-fight, seven-year winning streak.
    The decision sparked outrage in the boxing-crazy Philippines and in the United States, where two senators pushed for the creation of a national boxing commission to regulate the sport.
    Arum questioned the competence of the judges and pressed for an inquiry from the Nevada attorney general's office.
    AP reports from Manila that Pacquiao would prefer a rematch to Bradley giving up the title which the American won on a split decision because "people may think I just usurped it".
    "My supporters shouldn't worry. We're going to get that title," the Filipino superstar said.
    Duane Ford, who scored the bout 15-13 for Bradley, was quoted earlier as saying, "I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson."
    His colleague Jerry Roth had it 115-113 for Pacquiao and CJ Ross 115-113 for Bradley.
    WBO president Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel later announced that five "recognised international judges" would review the fight and make a recommendation.
    Valcarcel said, however, the WBO did not doubt the ability of the judges who scored the fight.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

I would like a refund.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

no chit.

only lou thinks bradley won.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

The judges were paid off

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Note one of the judges on the panel scored it 115-113, same as Jerry Roth. Another had it 116-112.

If Manny wasn't a star, this wouldn't be that discussed. If anything should be criticized it's the Rios vs Abril decision.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

lol. all apart of the plan from the beginning to draw bigger viewers for rematch. the media will pound and pound this story into the publics head to get them to get the ppv and see manny get his revenge

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    lol. all apart of the plan from the beginning to draw bigger viewers for rematch. the media will pound and pound this story into the publics head to get them to get the ppv and see manny get his revenge
    Agreed!

Also no one is talking about Mayweather & Pacroid which is Bob Arum wanted, mission accomplished.

I see a bunch of people saying they are done with boxing, but they will watch again