SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

For those who think Pacquaio deserves 50%

"Mayweather's junior middleweight title victory against Miguel Cotto on HBO PPV last Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas generated a whopping 1.5 million pay-per-view buys and $94 million in domestic pay-per-view revenue, HBO Sports announced Friday.

The performance ranks as the second-highest grossing pay-per-view for a non-heavyweight fight in history. No. 1 all-time remains Mayweather's 2007 victory against Oscar De La Hoya, in which he also claimed a junior middleweight belt.

In nine HBO PPV main events, Mayweather has generated 9.6 million buys and $543 million in television revenue, according to HBO."

Source: ESPN

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

So Cotto's fans had nothing to do with that?

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

well...floyd wants 60%. i can see him wanting more for being the "bigger draw", buy 60/40 is not going to work. i think pacquaio would agree to 48%, but we all know floyd is not going to take the fight for 52%.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

c'mon lou, mayweather doesn't want to fight him. that's the bottom line. pac-man is a bigger global star than floyd. and most likely if they were to actually fight, they would fight three times. imagine how much money that would generate. they can both retire with fat wallets even if they split 50/50. floyd's just scared and he only takes on fights he can win...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

have you ever seen such nudniks as fairyweather fans who dont want the most anticipated fight to happen?

scared that their hero would get his ass beat by a superior fighter.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

if im pacman i would go winner take all for the ppv money. then see what floyds response would be

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

People wouldn't watch this fight to see Mayweather... they'd watch it to see Mayweather AND Pacman. No reason not to have a 50/50 split, or 60/40 winner/loser, other than Floyd being afraid to lose his undefeated status. He knows Pac is the one guy who stands a real shot to outfight him, and he's scared. I don't see any other reason for him to keep ducking the fight

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    People wouldn't watch this fight to see Mayweather... they'd watch it to see Mayweather AND Pacman. No reason not to have a 50/50 split, or 60/40 winner/loser, other than Floyd being afraid to lose his undefeated status. He knows Pac is the one guy who stands a real shot to outfight him, and he's scared. I don't see any other reason for him to keep ducking the fight
    Seriously, all I see is Mayweather homers.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Manny has no chance against a much bigger, stronger, faster Floyd Mayweather. Not only will Floyd win, but he will win with ease.

This isn't about Manny's heart or desire. I think Manny is a great guy and a great champion. But against Floyd he will simply be severely overmatched.

He should take the 40 mill and appreciate Floyd giving him the largest payday of his career.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

if he is all about money then he should accepted the 70-30 offered by pacquiao winner take all, but he knew himself pacman is a threat to his health fking coward! dnt forget the advantage he took being overweight against marquez and the cheap shot he had against ortiz.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/03/...r-by-pacquiao/

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Manny has no chance against a much bigger, stronger, faster Floyd Mayweather. Not only will Floyd win, but he will win with ease.

This isn't about Manny's heart or desire. I think Manny is a great guy and a great champion. But against Floyd he will simply be severely overmatched.

He should take the 40 mill and appreciate Floyd giving him the largest payday of his career.

this is probably the dumbest post i've read on players talk and you know how many dumb posts are posted on here daily.

AribaAriba

"Manny has no chance against a much bigger, stronger, faster Floyd Mayweather."

same quote i read before he fought ODLH,COTTO,MARGARITO,CLOTTEY,DIAZ, and MOSLEY

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    if im pacman i would go winner take all for the ppv money. then see what floyds response would be
    pacman offered 70/30 for ppv to the winner and fairyweather still ducking him.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/139812.html

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    "Manny has no chance against a much bigger, stronger, faster Floyd Mayweather."

same quote i read before he fought ODLH,COTTO,MARGARITO,CLOTTEY,DIAZ, and MOSLEY

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    this is probably the dumbest post i've read on players talk and you know how many dumb posts are posted on here daily.
    Your post had the opportunity to be somewhat insulting and humorous, but you totally ruined it by inserting your own "lmao" emoticon.

Now you simply look like a self-aggrandizing douche who constantly laughs at his own jokes.

C'mon Ghengis......you're better than this, pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Cotto doesn't draw outside of PR and NY.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

cotto-margarito drew 600,000 ppv buys last dec which isnt shabby.

cotto-pacman drew 1.25 mil buys back in 2009.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Floyd would knock him out

If this fight happens I am putting $50,000 on Mayweather

My isolated picks are deadly too

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Floyd would knock him out

If this fight happens I am putting $50,000 on Mayweather

My isolated picks are deadly too
    ill take that bet cash upfront, watch the fight with you, get you laid, so that both of us walk away winners me with your cash when manny beats floyds ass, and you with happy ending smile

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

get over the homer koolaid brah

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Cotto vs Mayweather:

mayweather.jpg

Cotto vs Pacquiao:

Pacquiao2.jpg
    Pacquiao.jpg
    Pacquiao3.jpg

I got no idea how to get that shit to actually show on the page instead of having to click the link. Sorry.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Cinco de mayo.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Lol really?

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I wonder how patty "wide open" vendito feels about this matter.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

pay per view has ruined boxing. Just think how good it was before pay per view. Tons of great fighters. I can name a couple dozen off the top of my head but now its only a couple guys that get all the cash.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

This isn't a serious comment is it?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

This isn't a serious comment is it?
    Mayweather/Cotto 1.5 mil
    Manny/Cotto 1.3 mil

not that big of a difference especially Cotto a bigger name now later into his career if he fought Mayweather in 2009 and Manny in 2012 Manny might of got the bigger ppv audience

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

cinco de mayo is a great date...and floyd reserved/booked it....cause hes no dummy...when floyd booked it, and started calling out pac, bootb arum livid "thats not how you do business, well remember this" he said

its all part of the game....floyds partnership with golden boy is a win/win....he books good dates and puts canelo on them....the mexican fans are hyped about canelo....and it helps floyds numbers....and golden boy loves the exposure to the casual/mainstream boxing fans that he gets from fighting right before floyd

anyone who thinks floyd is afraid of manny or is ducking him is a retard....you arent a real boxing fan who follows day to day boxing news.....you can just go back and listen to bob arum talk following jmm/pac 3....he didnt even wanna utter floyds name after how pac looked...he started talking about a rematch with jmm...he said they couldnt build an outdoor stadium in time...he said manny had a cut that needed to heal...and he said he didnt even know if floyd was available because of pending jail sentence...he said he wasnt returning richard schaefers calls....he said the fight wouldnt even get done if 50/50 was offered.....

arum is the same guy who pretended to negotiate a fight with floyd years ago....but in reality had the clottey fight for cowboy stadium in his pocket the whole time....these guys cried about drug testing...now they claim its not an issue anymore.....

after that clottey fight it was believed the two sides would try get together again...but floyd said he was taking time off...during this time arum put up a countdown on the top rank website for floyd to accept an offer.....complete with a countdown clock.....when it expired he fielded a conference call and was asked "what concessions was manny willing to make this time in regards to testing"...he said "i cant comment on that" and never even attempted to give a glimpse of what kind of "deal" floyd didnt agree to....floyd was on vacation....

dan rafael is one of my least favorite boxing "journalists".....and the guy has praised manny for years(especially after manny let rafael join his team in his hotel room the day after he knocked out hatton to watch the replay)

he wrote this

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

arum is a joke....rafael even tweeted "vitali had a cut that you could have fit manny in, after the lennox lewis fight, and even he fought 6 months later"

understand the history of bob arum with both oscar and floyd....oscar left arum and started his own rival company.....floyd bought out his top rank contract for 700k and went on to become a megastar without him(arum originally told floyd he wouldnt pursue a fight with oscar for him because it wouldnt sell and hed lose money....floyd got free and got the fight and you know the rest).....not to mention that top rank and golden boy went to court over the rights to manny years ago......arum would probably rather die than let his new pet get beat/ruined by floyd......

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    c'mon lou, mayweather doesn't want to fight him. that's the bottom line. pac-man is a bigger global star than floyd. and most likely if they were to actually fight, they would fight three times. imagine how much money that would generate. they can both retire with fat wallets even if they split 50/50. floyd's just scared and he only takes on fights he can win...
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

Yep. Mayweather is dodging Pacman. There's no two ways about it. If you don't see that, then you're just ignoring reality. Listen to the quotes from Mayweather and his camp.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post

anyone who thinks floyd is afraid of manny or is ducking him is a retard....you arent a real boxing fan who follows day to day boxing news.....

I don't know if you're a retard, but you're wrong and also extremely immature and blinded to reality.
    Last edited by yisman; 05-20-12 at 01:29 AM.

AribaAriba

"real boxing fans" LOl very few of them now you can distinguish these days who are the "real" fan of the sports, such an overuse quote that thinks they own such sport.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Yep. Mayweather is dodging Pacman. There's no two ways about it. If you don't see that, then you're just ignoring reality. Listen to the quotes from Mayweather and his camp.

I don't know if you're a retard, but you're wrong and also extremely immature and blinded to reality.

lolol...im blind? lol....trust me..im really not trying to come of like a douche...but i follow the sport every day.....

show me the mayweather quotes....and i can show 3 quotes from arum, mike koncz, roach, etc that are more ridiculous(and dont even match up with what one of the others said)

are you guys aware that two very big fights in the sport( at least to us hardcore guys) have been canceled in the last two weeks because two fighters failed VADA drug tests?

when arum thought floyd was going to jail and wouldnt be available for may he was saying that manny might fight in may.....as soon as floyd got his sentenced moved back, so he could fight on may 5th, arum said no way manny could be ready to fight in may because his cut hadnt healed....lolol....cuts dont take that long to heal...and it wasnt even a nasty cut....like rafael said....vitalis cut against lennox was one of the most gruesome youve seen from a big fight...."you could fit manny in the cut" he said...."and vitali still fought 6 months later"

arums actions over the last 3 years have "screamed" he wants no part of the floyd fight....like i said...understand the history between arum and oscar/golden boy/floyd.....it might start to make sense to you...arum is a bitter old ****