ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It was rigged

He could not lose...too much money involved with Weatherman Mayweather fight in future

He lost and the world knows it

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

All the crying doesn't mean shit. Manny got the w, end of story. Now Arum will have another excuse to keep his meal ticket from fighting Floyd. There will be a 4th fight with Marquez in 2012.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

u dont know shit about boxing you're pretending wanna be "expert". stop being a phony poser...
    Last edited by AribaAriba; 11-13-11 at 06:26 PM.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    u dont know shit about boxing you're pretending wanna be "expert". stop being a phony poser...
    I wasn't aware you had to be an expert to know marquez won....

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

he's just mad cause he lost all his pts on the fight. had he won, would he have paid back all those he stiffed? of course not. so fuk the lil stiff bitch.

pac-man

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by StillSmokin View Post
    True, but then again any TRUE CHAMPION would have made him pay for it WITHOUT repaying him with a cheap shot of their own. I think Mayweather is one of the most gifted athletes and do not deny his skill set, I just think he is everything boxing SHOULDN'T be.
    the true champion was making him pay...he was dominating punch stats and landing lead rights right down the pipe....and thats why he was pissed....vic stepped out of line and floyd put him back in it....it was floyds promotion and floyds discretion to give vic the shot/payday of a lifetime...show some respect....

but the main problem is what you said....you acknowledge floyds skill set and call him a gifted athlete...and thats what he proves in the ring time and time again

but you cant seperate his personal life and some of the stuff he does outside of it....you and alot of people...and it carries over into peoples opinions of him as a fighter

when you look at all the fighters manny is lauded for beating since moving up...they are all guys floyd has beaten.......people cry that he never fought cotto, margartio, or paul williams....you cant fight everyone...these fights never happened or werent the most sensical fights at certain times...if he lined all 3 of em up and beat em there would have been 3 more names people would have accused him of avoiding.....

again....when looking at two fighters as just that...figthers...look at the work....but to many people start namecalling floyd and taking away from what hes done because they dont like the person or persona....and it carries over to not just fans...but writers too...they do the same thing....and thats why floyd has a problem with alot of them and you see him going off....because people go out of there way to call him this or that and take away from what hes accomplished...which is alot....yet they throw mannys name at him and tell him hes afraid and that manny is an all time great while floyd is just a great generational fighter

StillSmokin
    StillSmokin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post

I have to rewatch the 12th round because you've been the 12th round a huge issue meanwhile I don't remember manny doing anything to win the 12th round. I could be wrong because after the 10th round i stopped scoring the fight as I had marquez up by more than 3 rounds. This fight was not as close it was a masterclass of the counter-puncher getting the best of the aggressor.
    I had Marquez up as well, but I had Manny taking 3 of the final 4 rounds. All Marquez had to do was be a little more aggressive instead of being so conservative in the final rounds and none of this would even be a discussion. Face it, if Marquez was robbed then his corner left the door open.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It was rigged

He could not lose...too much money involved with Weatherman Mayweather fight in future

He lost and the world knows it
    Bob Arum is a scumbag...how that fight and the Nevada Boxing Commission isn't investigated beyond me. He was already barking about another rematch and big money fight between the two

ApricotSinner32

bobby heenan
    Update your status

add the fact that floyd has written big checks to fund golden gloves tournaments in his hometown...paid for the funeral of the man he won his first world title from(genaro) hernandez......and there are more examples...he does positive stuff too

remember all those interviews hed do with brian kenny...kenny would constantly try to shoot down his choice of opponents....and his accomplishments.....and floyd would go off....because he felt attacked....like why cant he just fight and people respect him....but they always want more from him.........then they shot that sportscenter commercial with him and kenny where floyds hitting a heavybag with kennys face on it and kenny walks in on it....it was great....and there were some videos of floyd and kenny after the shoot clowning around and floyd even teaching kenny how to hit the bag properly........the guy isnt a total dickhead...

ApricotSinner32

ApricotSinner32

Marvin Hagler "Wake up people and realize that we can no longer tolerate corruption in our sport. There needs to be a primary governing body." http://twitter.com/#!/TheMarvelous0ne

ApricotSinner32

1) effective aggression -Marquez if anyone since pacquiao had no effective aggressiveness
    2) defense - Marquez
    3) ring generalship - Marquez...he made pacquiao fight at marquez's desired pace which is slower and more tactical complete control
    4) clean and hard punching - Marquez straight right hands landed more frequently and cleaner.

ApricotSinner32

Bob arum had the balls to say at the press conference that the only people who thought marquez won were mexicans.

ApricotSinner32

Originally Posted by Discipline
    Elie Seckbach "Marquez seems to have gotten the best of manny but this fight was very very close a draw or win for Marquez" http://twitter.com/#!/Seckbach

I give ellie credit as he is usually a guy who rides manny's dick. He said marquez would get knocked out within 6 rounds before the fight.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

look at how relieved all those ***** look....those are faces that are expressing extreme relief...not joy or excitement

ApricotSinner32

Phillipino pacquiao fans saying marquez won.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Nobody fuking cares you stiff

ApricotSinner32

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

im gonna read this thread when i get home later tonight

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

JJ is right, the fight with Mayweather already accounted for Pacman winning the fight this past weekend. I personally believe the fight should have been a draw. Did anyone else here see Mike Tyson over the weekend at the MGM? I guess he's now or will be in the Boxing Hall of Fame.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Hatter!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    JJ is right, the fight with Mayweather already accounted for Pacman winning the fight this past weekend. I personally believe the fight should have been a draw. Did anyone else here see Mike Tyson over the weekend at the MGM? I guess he's now or will be in the Boxing Hall of Fame.
    Mike was inducted into HoF last year. He goes to all the fights. Usually does autograph signings for decent money fight weekends.

ApricotSinner32

http://espn.go.com/boxing/

Check out the marquez pacquiao highlight they put on espn... the espn reporter says pacquiao took control by outpunching juan yet in the highlight they show... shows nothing by misses by pacquiao and they show nothing juan does.

Can't make this shit up.

ApricotSinner32

Great interview by a phillipino reporter who has the balls to tell the truth while other media networks are shilling the bullshit.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/ins...o-lost-marquez

ApricotSinner32

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

You are just stirring the pot. You didn't watch the fight.

ApricotSinner32

Here fatboy(Deuce) watch the fight for yourself and judge it based on these 4 elements.

1. Clean, hard punches

2. Effective agression

3. Defense

4. Ring Generalship

IN THAT ORDER.

ApricotSinner32

Here's the catch. Don't be persuaded by the commentary. And notice when the hbo commentary have such positive things to say about pacquiao even when he's getting beat. In on particular round where marquez won clearly in between rounds the highlights they showed was pacquiao's footwork. Complete bias... I would advise anyone who wants to judge the fight fair to watch the fight with no audio.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i wanna see a marquez/maywether fight. not interested in the pacquiao fight anymore.

ApricotSinner32

Watched fight again. got it 6-5-1 marquez

Round 1 pacquiao
    Round 2 pacquiao
    round 3 even
    round 4 marquez
    round 5 marquez
    round 6 pacquiao
    round 7 marquez
    round 8 pacquiao
    round 9 pacquiao
    round 10 marquez
    round 11 marquez
    round 12 marquez

StillSmokin
    StillSmokin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Watched fight again. got it 6-5-1 marquez

Round 1 pacquiao
    Round 2 pacquiao
    round 3 even
    round 4 marquez
    round 5 marquez
    round 6 pacquiao
    round 7 marquez
    round 8 pacquiao
    round 9 pacquiao
    round 10 marquez
    round 11 marquez
    round 12 marquez
    Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32

after the 10th round i stopped scoring the fight as I had marquez up by more than 3 rounds.

What happened to marquez being clearly ahead going into the latter rounds? According to that you have him losing after the 10th.
    Last edited by StillSmokin; 11-14-11 at 12:38 AM.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

To beat the Champ, the contender has to be decisive. While Marquez land some good punches, so did Pacquiao. To beat the Champs you have to beat him like a champ. Can anyone honestly say Pacquiao got his @ss whooped. I say a fairly even fight, with Marquez landing a few better punches, that's it. You shouldn't be given a Championship belt by just swinging a little better without even knocking the dude down.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

in 2 weeks, people will forget this fight..

First 12345 Last