jwes4907
    jwes4907's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Easy Boxing Play

Pacman within distance on Saturday.
    - Manny has barely lost a round in welterweight despite bigger adversaries, marquez was exposed against mayweather. Marquez doesnt have strength or speed to go the distance with pac. Furthermore, pac will be more motivated by a potential floyd matchup and won't take this fight lightly. He'll try to make a point and KO Marquez asap. I got this at -140.

good luck

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

In 59 professional fights, Marquez has never been knocked out.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Mayweather is a totally different fighter than Pacquiao, so saying Marquez was "exposed" in that fight is just incorrect. Good luck though.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Honestly this fight is way too hard to call because nobody knows how marquez will respond to gaining the weight.

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

i disagree on hard to call, unless you don't believe in manny and his climb in ability. everyone expects this to be a quick tko but i could see this being another decision that marquez complains about.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

I would bet on this fight to go the distance, because mannys power is overated at these higher weights and marquez is tough and resilient as they come, but after seeing how bad he was hurt by the light hitting katsisdis,and the weight gain... its a no play for me.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I got risk free arb on Pac by TKO/KO but I dont see it happening...Pac by decision is the best value play

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan300 View Post
    i disagree on hard to call, unless you don't believe in manny and his climb in ability. everyone expects this to be a quick tko but i could see this being another decision that marquez complains about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I got risk free arb on Pac by TKO/KO but I dont see it happening...Pac by decision is the best value play
    I'm not so sure about that. If marquez is slower because of the weight I could see marquez getting ktfo. Watched plenty of videos on youtube and it's clear that manny does not like marquez and is motivated to make a statement because of marquez going to the phillipines telling the people there that he beat manny twice.. that he got robbed etc. Freddie/Ariza has been very consistent in saying that manny has been fired up and this was the best training camp we ever had. Manny usually trains for 8 weeks but started 2 weeks earlier for this fight. Also manny was not happy with his performance against mosley as the fans were booing etc he wants to make a statement and take marquez's head off im sure of that.

Even if marquez looks on par with how he looked vs michael katsidis I think it's likely manny is going to knock out marquez. We know when marquez gets hurt that he continues to try to fight out of the mess instead of backing away or clinching... it's hard to visuaize it not happening.I would have considered it around the pickem range that it was at a few weeks ago but now it's moved up a ton so and i'm not a big fan of laying favorites.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    I would bet on this fight to go the distance, because mannys power is overated at these higher weights and marquez is tough and resilient as they come, but after seeing how bad he was hurt by the light hitting katsisdis,and the weight gain... its a no play for me.
    Remember that pacquiao knocked marquez down 4 times in way lighter weight divisions. Every fight is different... margarito has a granite chin... mosley ran the whole fight... marquez won't run.

Pacquiao won't admit it because he tries to be the nice guy in interviews but it's clear roach and ariza trained for a knockout.

Freddie roach said he will not be satisfied unless they get a knockout and freddie predicts manny by ko within 6 rounds.

jwes4907

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Great article.

I strongly believe this won't just be another fight for Pac. Lots of information pointing to Pac training with increased focus and intensity. With mayweather/May 5 looming, I don't see this fight going the distance.

Also, Apricot summed it up nicely.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

In vegas, (cantor gaming) Pac inside distance is -400. By decision -300. I was shocked how inflated the lines are.. I think he gets the finish. Will probably take it at -150 online.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by jwes4907 View Post
    marquez was exposed against mayweather.
    SBR should get rid of the "boxing" forum altogether. People post the most asinine things on this forum.

jwes4907

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    SBR should get rid of the "boxing" forum altogether. People post the most asinine things on this forum.
    Marquez was 135 for the past few years except against mayweather where he lost every round. He was slow and weak - this was clear to whoever watched the fight. Evidently, he wasn't at optimal weight and this was EXPOSED.

Weight is 144 against Pac which is a few pounds less than when he fought mayweather. Marquez is a 135 fighter.

Thanks for your input though!
    Last edited by jwes4907; 11-11-11 at 04:10 PM.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

He looked slow and weak in a division he's too small for. That passes for being exposed now?

The guy was outclassed by one of the best fighters in the world. Anybody who looked at "Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Floyd Mayweather" on PAPER knew this was going to happen. JMM is far from being done. Stop.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Honestly this fight is way too hard to call because nobody knows how marquez will respond to gaining the weight.
    He's going to get beat. You are too smart to know otherwise. Tough part is picking how Manny wins.

I hope Floyd goes to the fight and puts himself and Arum on spot to make the real fight happen.

jwes4907

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    I hope Floyd goes to the fight and puts himself and Arum on spot to make the real fight happen.
    Would love for Pac to callout Floyd after his win Chael Sonnen style. I know it won't happen but it would add some buzz to the boxing world.

Does anyone know if Floyd will be there?

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

I see pacman by decision at +160 and O 10.5 rnds at +168. Why is the over better odds?

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

We're on the dog +620

Need the one timer here boys

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by laxbrah420 View Post
    I see pacman by decision at +160 and O 10.5 rnds at +168. Why is the over better odds?
    I got this at +171 earlier and just put more on at +166. Line's moving our way at Pinny so hopefully whomever's driving it down knows wtf they're doing

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    We're on the dog +620

Need the one timer here boys
    youre getting screwed on that line brah

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Typo.

Got hosed in the end anyway.