ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tie Quan Zhang -125

Thoughts about this fight? I'm really liking this price...I admittedly don't really know too much about either fighter so I won't waste your time with a long writeup, but I really think Zhang takes this one. Zhang has looked great in all his fights I've seen (minus the Downes fight) and when I think of Darren Elkins, I think of a low-mid tier type of guy in the 145 pound division...just an average fighter at best.

Took this for 3x last night, but am thinking about putting more down (price already up to -130 at my book).

Thoughts and opinions much appreciated. Thanks and good luck.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Zhang here also. He should have plenty of time to pull something off and get a stoppage. Elkins can really on win by decision here.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I wouldn't count the Reinhardt fight as an indication of Zhang looking great! He has only been past 1st round once and that was against Downes who he gassed out against in the second. I think Zhang either subs Elkins in first or early second or Elkins steals another decision

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I wouldn't count the Reinhardt fight as an indication of Zhang looking great! He has only been past 1st round once and that was against Downes who he gassed out against in the second. I think Zhang either subs Elkins in first or early second or Elkins steals another decision
    This is exactly what scares me the most. The 2 judges actually gave Zhang the first round in that fight (I think), but Zhang completely faded in the 2nd and 3rd. He paid a pretty hefty price for his bad conditioning in that fight. I'm hoping that this is something he has really worked on because I see a lot of natural talent in this guy.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Elkins has the best wrestling zhang's ever faced, and if zhang gasses the least bit I can see elkins riding an easy ud. I wouldn't play this, and if I were to - I'd take elkins. Elkins has solid cardio, solid wrestling, and decent stand up. While sub grappling appears to be his weakness and zhang appears to excel in it, I don't think zhang is at the level where elkins can't defend against subs and maintain dominant position. Either way GL man!

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    I admittedly don't really know too much about either fighter so I won't waste your time with a long writeup, but I really think Zhang takes this one.
    And this is how money is lost betting on mma.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    And this is how money is lost betting on mma.
    Yeah, ok smartass. I'd love to compare results with you, I really would.
    Points Awarded:

gabe gave ShogunRua 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

bet zhang quickest sub, or do not bet zhang at all. i think thats the way to go.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    bet zhang quickest sub, or do not bet zhang at all. i think thats the way to go.
    Agreed, I hit Elkins when he was in the +120 range. Still waiting for the Zhang by quickest sub prop.

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I am far from an expert but I think that the value is on Elkins here. In fact, I was quite surprised that he wasn't favored. He should be able to control the transition game and win the striking fairly handily, in my opinion.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

i hit elkins @ 2.37 baby!