Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Strikeforce Dec. 17th Huge Upset

I like Jorge Masvidal over Gilbert Melendez for the 155 lb. SF belt. I don't know about all the lines but I saw +285 for Masvidal today online. Masvidal has alot of muscle for 155 and beat the living hell out of KJ Noons in his last fight. Noons is a pretty good striker and kind of reminds me of Josh Thompson that had such good battles with Melendez. Melendez to me is kind of Clay Guida-lite....max effort but I don't see that many tools. I think Masvidal wins a war and a very nice payout of +250 or better!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Unfortunately Noons was no way near the grappler that Melendez is! Masvidal beat Noons because he was able to bully him and drag him to the ground repeatedly...not gonna happen with Gil

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

suitable name you got there einstein!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post

Mr Handicapable

No way can Melendez not be looking ahead to the UFC/Edgar. Masvidal is in perfect position to pull an upset imo. He has more than enough upper body strength to keep this one standing and he hits harder. Masvidal has been up-n-down but he has alot of talent and fighting for the belt will keep his head in the game.

Mr Handicapable

As for you....weren't you over on the Lesnar/Overeem thread talking about how one or both has no heart? This coming from BJ Penn....the laziest and most undisciplined fighter ever in MMA. Always gasses in the 2nd round and isn't big enough to fight at 170 but too lazy to make 155. Good call dumba$$
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 11-17-11 at 03:47 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    As for you....weren't you over on the Lesnar/Overeem thread talking about how one or both has no heart? This coming from BJ Penn....the laziest and most undisciplined fighter ever in MMA. Always gasses in the 2nd round and isn't big enought to fight at 170 but too lazy to make 155. Good call dumba$$
    Wait, you know he's not really BJ Penn right?

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

http://instantrimshot.com/....

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Wait, you know he's not really BJ Penn right?
    If my screen name was AaronRodgers85 then its not a big jump in guessing I'm a Rodgers fan.

Mr Handicapable

Masvidal held up a sign recently in the gym

"Will fight for money......backyards, UFC, KFC, anywhere"

I like this kids mindset and he'll win!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Ok, I get it, whoever was running the Gabe account is starting fresh.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Masvidal held up a sign recently in the gym

"Will fight for money......backyards, UFC, KFC, anywhere"

I like this kids mindset and he'll win!

my fellow mma dude...if you want to kick bj penn in the shins,just say something disparaging about john olav einemo.....he`s the main pillar of penn`s existence(but don`t tell him i told you).......

/

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

this site sucks with all the stupid ghost troll accounts

bjpenn85

Youre comeback is boring. I bet against bj once in a while, look in prior threads and find me rant about bjs crappy cardio and melt down.. Yes he has no cardio..but he at least fights, and eat punches, nothing you said in your reply make a difference...doesnt brock turtle up like a bitch? what is your point...einstein.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Masvidal has been underrated and has looked great, but I think that win over Noons has blinded people. Gil is a solid step up. He will get this fight to the ground and beat the shit out of him. I'm expecting a TKO from Melendez actually. Think he's worth a play a -300 or better.

bjpenn85

Masvidal is great, but im at least expekting a decision win for gilbert. A TKO will probably catapult him into number one contender ship straight a way!

Mr Handicapable

My point is that I come on here to give an opinion where I feel there is some value and I get a bunch of smarta$$ nonsense in return. If you want to post how wrong I am then go for it but some actual fight analysis and we'll see eye to eye.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Masvidal by TKO/KO would be only play I'd consider

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Masvidal has been underrated and has looked great, but I think that win over Noons has blinded people. Gil is a solid step up. He will get this fight to the ground and beat the shit out of him. I'm expecting a TKO from Melendez actually. Think he's worth a play a -300 or better.

Masvidal has alot of muscle for 155er....I don't see Melendez throwing him around and winning by GNP? I've seen them both fight several times and I just feel Melendez is somewhat overrated. If Noons fought Josh Thompson then maybe we'd know something more? Personally I think Noons is better than Thompson and Melendez failed to KO Thompson in 10 rounds. This fight is Masvidal's Super Bowl and its just a stepping stone for Melendez. We'll see but I'll take the punchers chance gladly at anything over +250

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Masvidal has alot of muscle for 155er....I don't see Melendez throwing him around and winning by GNP? I've seen them both fight several times and I just feel Melendez is somewhat overrated. If Noons fought Josh Thompson then maybe we'd know something more? Personally I think Noons is better than Thompson and Melendez failed to KO Thompson in 10 rounds. This fight is Masvidal's Super Bowl and its just a stepping stone for Melendez. We'll see but I'll take the punchers chance gladly at anything over +250
    Why do you think Noons is better than Thompson? His striking is no doubt but his grappling is no way near IMO

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I couldnt imagine Masvidal blitzing Kawajiri or going five-rounds with Aoki without getting submitted

Mr Handicapable

No line at Bodog.....5Dimes has Melendez -380 Masvidal +260. Thats just like the fight itself no value with Melendez and he's the only one with pressure on him. Thats a horrible line....Bodog can probably even beat that when/if they ever set the line.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I dunno... I respect your opinion on thinking masvidal has a chance, but I think the odds are about right for this match up. Masvidal beat up a guy in noons who didn't really have an excellent ground game to speak of, but melendez trains with some of the best grapplers in the world, and Melendez also can hold his own standing.

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Bahahahahahahahahahaha