gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2833

Siver was +350 During Second Round

At BetDsI live wagering.

danso
    danso's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3036

He was actually +500 @ 5dimes.. but it's questionable as to whether or not they would have honored the full price (judging by their apparent reluctance to pay out "shot-takers" in full)

The first round looked like a toss-up to me (but the commentators made it sound like it was more so in the favor of Wiman). Wiman obviously dominated the second (could have been 10-8), so a bet on Siver after the second round at those odds based on the way it was going looked bleak.. but then again, I can also see how the judges scored it based on their criteria..

Maybe these live-in play underdogs are were the real value in MMA betting comes from.. This was the first time I've been available during the fights to check in-play lines.

gym rat

I was amazed when checking the live odds at the time. Early in the second round before Wiman got the takedown it was basically -115 for each fighter. Then as soon as Wiman got the takedown and there was blood it jumped to -500 and near the end of the round it was -700 Wiman +350 Siver.

The linesetter was definitely influenced by Rogan and Goldberg inmy opinion.

Does 5 dimes offer during the round live wagering or only between rounds???

I have to say Bookmaker/BetDSI are pretty balsy to take the wagers live during round. Are they the only book that offers this??

Jabstab
    Jabstab's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way was round 2 a 10-8, he couldn't pass Sivers guard lol. Wiman cut him twice, that's it.

What Joe Lauzon does to guys...thats what a 10-8 looks like.

gym rat

Quote Originally Posted by Jabstab View Post
    No way was round 2 a 10-8, he couldn't pass Sivers guard lol. Wiman cut him twice, that's it.

What Joe Lauzon does to guys...thats what a 10-8 looks like.

Totally agree that it wasn't even close to a 10-8 round. The blood made it look much worse than it really was. To the casual viewer who doesn't really follow MMA, they may have thought Siver was on the verge of dying because of the blood though.