things like

"the reem hype is over"
    "overeem sucks, he will get destroyed by everyone in ufc"
    "overeem isnt a top 5 striker in he heavyweight division"
    "this fight just showed jds and cain would destroy reem"
    "big foot is gonna expose reem"
    "reem has the worst cardio"

i cant believe it

is everyone seriously writing reem off becasue of his performance against werdum???

i never thought id see the day when beating the the 3rd ranked heavyweight in the world meant u sucked

its so crazy how everyones fckn opinon changed 180 after one fight.

did overeem look impressive against werdum? it wasnt the greatest match of his career, but is it reems faullt? hell no

werdum flopped to the ground over and over again playing possum, every little jab reem threw resulted in werdum on his ass

the only way reem could know werdum was actaully hurt and rocked was to throw some heat in his punches.

did it look like werdum won a couple of striking exchanges? sure, reem had to keep his hands low at all times because werdum was spamming takedowns, but reem absolutly did more damage than wedum did.

if you truly believe werdum is a better striker, go jump off a bridge, becasue werdum wouldnt last 10 seconds against tyrone sponge.

why isnt anyone talking about reems amazing take down defense??? werdum was fckn 0/52 on takedowns.

reems cardio looked terrible??? werdum could barely stand up in the third round!!!

anyone who has ever wrestled knows shooting for a takedown and defending against a takedown uses a shit ton of energy, especially when u try and shoot over and over and over and over. anyone would have been tired.

lets also not forget reem ****** up werdum in the clinch, a place where big foot likes to work.

and last but not least, jds and cain. both amazing fighters, but what this fight had to do with them i have no idea.

its like saying strawberries and bananas taste like shit today, these apples have to be awesome tomorro.

i also truly believe overeem was trying to appeal to his american fan base by repeatedly going for the big highlight reel knockout. people overseas know reem, and he was simply trying to do the same here. he came out with a dallas mavericks flag for cryn out loud. he wants american fans to love him, and what better way than by brutal KO.

he will not make the same mistake against big foot.

and no this isnt a troll thread, this is me calling about all the media sheep.

i gotta say i dont mind all this tho, reem is going to have great odds against big foot now and i plan on loading the house on him.

this is silva vs thales letites all over again

you guys are blaming the wrong person for the way the fight turned out.

trust me

youll see

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    Yep. I remember thinking that during the fight.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Difference is that silva was still dancing around like a cocky bastard in round 5, while reem could barely catch his breath during the post fight interview.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Werdum's ranking was inflated from the Fedor fight. Reem WOULD get destroyed by the top two heavies in the UFC, and I have a hard time believing he would finish against any top ten.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i am very surprised that some mma fans internalize and in some cases spiritualize/deify their favorite fighters to a degree that is in some cases almost obsessive....well,maybe not..i guess it happens in all sports...

but it does sometimes cause a lack of objectivity........

1)werdum was not in there to fight overeem`s fight...he was trying to get the fight to a place where he thought he had an advantage....

2)it was not a very good performance for a guy that was perceived by many as the best heavyweight in the world...particularly in standing exchanges late in the fight...he was dead in the water....

he did win...props to him for that....but i`m sure everybody noticed when showtime cut to bigfoot sitting in the stands,he looked like the cat that swallowed the canary....he looked extremely encouraged...

i think that all great fighters/champions take a bit of a psychlogical advantage into a fight with a challenger....for guys that are considered on another level,a sort of intimidating air of invincibility....

i think overeem`s psychological advantage took a bit of a hit last saturday....

/just one swinging dick`s opinion....

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

It gets like this in every sport, I dont think it's specific to MMA.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Stop going to sherdog forums

thesox0311
    thesox0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

AMen Brother

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can get past that fog of trolls, There was some legitimate criticism made. Reem's striking defense was sub par that night. He needs to get some better head movement going and stop that nonsense boxing defense with mma gloves. A fighter more inclined to strike with him could easily find an opening.

I'm a Reem fan I think both fighters left with a lowered stock.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Overeem beat a top HW. Werdum was on a winning streak that had some impressive names on it. No one here should be talking like Overeem sucks. We should take what we saw in his last fight and apply it to his next if any of the information we found out is relevant.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

he got outstruck by a grappler when hes supposed to be the best heavyweight striker/thread

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    he got outstruck by a grappler when hes supposed to be the best heavyweight striker/thread
    i can make the argument he out grappled the best grappler on the planet

RaiderNation MMA

i think at the end of the day overeem just wanted to knock out werdum to make a statement in america, and to shut up werdum who had been talking smack. most of his punches were full on haymakers that missed, which left him open to werdum striking. overeem has never used much head movement from what ive noticed he likes staying in the pocket so he can throw the big hook and secure the thai plum.

both guys were trying to suck each other into there own world of comfortability, which is prolly why the fight turned out so werid

yes overeem was gassed in the third, but the way the fight went im sure even mark hominick would have been tired.

furthermore, i seem to hear alot about how cain can go to the 5th round and look fresh like he just entered the arena. but my question to thoose people about cains amazing cardio is, how do you know that? when have u ever seen cain go 5 rounds? no body knows

thanks for the opinons and feedback tho

and yes reem and lesnar are my favorites!

f**** sherdog and bloodyelbow

RaiderNation MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Difference is that silva was still dancing around like a cocky bastard in round 5, while reem could barely catch his breath during the post fight interview.
    bigger people will never have cardio like smaller guys

so that isnt a fair comparsion

plus ive seen silva get tired against maia

reem actaully engages his opponents and things actually happen, overeem never dances around, and i think we can all agree dancing like silva and wrestling against takedowns are completly different levels!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1950

I posted on a thread that the outcome of the Werdum Overeem fight was going to end in "Unanimous Decision."

Until I edited my post in the last minute, which was a mistake.

Majoravsfan
    Majoravsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I once thought overeem and velasquez would be the fight of the century, after the werdum fight it dosn't appeal to me as much.
    I agree Overeem will beat bigfoot and will win the grand prix. His Cardio was not impressive last fight, sure he had to defend take downs but he got time for a lot of breathers while werdum was lying on the mat. If that were Velasquez in that fight I don't see him getting as tired as reem was.
    I'm not saying he's bad or washed up by any means, just not on JDS or Cain's level.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

i am amazed at what i am seeing across the mma forums lately
    lol really? mma forums have the biggest keyboard warriors on the net. Whats new
    Points Awarded:

RaiderNation MMA gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    lol really? mma forums have the biggest keyboard warriors on the net. Whats new
    Yep this entire narrative from the online mma community was predictable and expected. The original poster once again proves he is new to the sport.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Yeah, I can't believe Overeem's stamina is that bad. It's as if he (and his brother for that matter) train for 1 round fights. What the hell gassed him? The fight was 2 minutes of grappling, and 13 minutes of the ref standing Werdum up.

RaiderNation MMA

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Yep this entire narrative from the online mma community was predictable and expected. The original poster once again proves he is new to the sport.
    i guess i shouldnt have been suprised, your right, people do this after every fight. i remember when fedor was undefeated people were calling him overrated, but how u can be 31-0 and overrated i have no idea.

mayb that wasnt the best example

but i def not new to the sport i started following it everyday since TUF finale 1, which is like 7th grade to me. now in college

RaiderNation MMA

yeah iwas surprised i thought the breaks in between takedowns would do him good, but i also thought that prolly messed up his riddum

RaiderNation MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Majoravsfan View Post
    I once thought overeem and velasquez would be the fight of the century, after the werdum fight it dosn't appeal to me as much.
    I agree Overeem will beat bigfoot and will win the grand prix. His Cardio was not impressive last fight, sure he had to defend take downs but he got time for a lot of breathers while werdum was lying on the mat. If that were Velasquez in that fight I don't see him getting as tired as reem was.
    I'm not saying he's bad or washed up by any means, just not on JDS or Cain's level.
    even if he KO's big foot and barnett?

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

i am amazed at what i am seeing across the mma forums lately

things like

"the reem hype is over"
    "overeem sucks, he will get destroyed by everyone in ufc"
    "overeem isnt a top 5 striker in he heavyweight division"
    "this fight just showed jds and cain would destroy reem"
    "big foot is gonna expose reem"
    "reem has the worst cardio"

i cant believe it

is everyone seriously writing reem off becasue of his performance against werdum???

i never thought id see the day when beating the the 3rd ranked heavyweight in the world meant u sucked

its so crazy how everyones fckn opinon changed 180 after one fight.

did overeem look impressive against werdum? it wasnt the greatest match of his career, but is it reems faullt? hell no

werdum flopped to the ground over and over again playing possum, every little jab reem threw resulted in werdum on his ass

the only way reem could know werdum was actaully hurt and rocked was to throw some heat in his punches.

did it look like werdum won a couple of striking exchanges? sure, reem had to keep his hands low at all times because werdum was spamming takedowns, but reem absolutly did more damage than wedum did.

if you truly believe werdum is a better striker, go jump off a bridge, becasue werdum wouldnt last 10 seconds against tyrone sponge.

why isnt anyone talking about reems amazing take down defense??? werdum was fckn 0/52 on takedowns.

reems cardio looked terrible??? werdum could barely stand up in the third round!!!

anyone who has ever wrestled knows shooting for a takedown and defending against a takedown uses a shit ton of energy, especially when u try and shoot over and over and over and over. anyone would have been tired.

lets also not forget reem ****** up werdum in the clinch, a place where big foot likes to work.

and last but not least, jds and cain. both amazing fighters, but what this fight had to do with them i have no idea.

its like saying strawberries and bananas taste like shit today, these apples have to be awesome tomorro.

i also truly believe overeem was trying to appeal to his american fan base by repeatedly going for the big highlight reel knockout. people overseas know reem, and he was simply trying to do the same here. he came out with a dallas mavericks flag for cryn out loud. he wants american fans to love him, and what better way than by brutal KO.

he will not make the same mistake against big foot.

and no this isnt a troll thread, this is me calling about all the media sheep.

i gotta say i dont mind all this tho, reem is going to have great odds against big foot now and i plan on loading the house on him.

you guys are blaming the wrong person for the way the fight turned out.

trust me

youll see
    You're a nut-hugger.
    He was getting out classed in stand-up when WERDUMBASS was standing up.
    If Werdum was standing the whole fight instead of being a little pussy he probably could have beat him the way Overeem was looking.

Overeem is slow as shit, he ******* sucks, and would not come CLOSE to KO'ing Big Foot or Josh Barnett.
    You're delusional.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Oh, I'm gonna love it with Overeem KO's Bigfoot and everyone jumps back on the banwagon again. Then it's gonna be "Bigfoot" was overrated and only beat Fedor b/c he was too big. It's a vicious cycle on all the forums.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    Reem WOULD get destroyed by the top two heavies in the UFC, and I have a hard time believing he would finish against any top ten.
    He'd knock Mir's head off, and I think Lesnar would be in great danger if he didn't get a takedown immediately. Definitely has a decent shot of knocking out Bigfoot too, given how hittable he is, and how large his head/chin is.

Yeah, I can't believe Overeem's stamina is that bad. It's as if he (and his brother for that matter) train for 1 round fights. What the hell gassed him?
    The eight tons of muscle he's carrying around. No surprise he was sucking wind after going 15 minutes with a physique like that.

Oh, I'm gonna love it with Overeem KO's Bigfoot and everyone jumps back on the banwagon again. Then it's gonna be "Bigfoot" was overrated and only beat Fedor b/c he was too big. It's a vicious cycle on all the forums.
    If Overeem knocks out Bigfoot, this is definitely going to happen. The majority of MMA posters drive me up the wall.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    The majority of MMA posters drive me up the wall.
    Indeed. Retard after retard.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

People tend to overreact to everything in life not just fights . I'm not sure anyone could have looked good against the back flopping Werdum

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i still say that reem`s winning streak was replete with walkovers...he still has much to prove,imo.......too many holes in his game(lack of speed,quicks and inability to throw combinations/questionable stamina/questionable heart).....i thought he was actually a more well-rounded fighter at 205(even though he lost to most of the elite guys he faced)...

but bigfoot sets up well for him(like any immobile target for a big puncher in a boxing match)....he`s also ponderous as hell.....and will stand in front of overeeem....but `foot has pretty good stamina for a big guy...and plenty of heart........i hope he can get to the second round...then things will get interesting...

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can make the argument he out grappled the best grappler on the planet
    by laying on him to catch his breath? u have the most flawed argument ever.

do u even know what grappling is?

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    The eight tons of muscle he's carrying around. No surprise he was sucking wind after going 15 minutes with a physique like that.
    So Overeem's stamina ("cardio") had never been questioned before he even started taking roids?

RaiderNation MMA

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    by laying on him to catch his breath? u have the most flawed argument ever.

do u even know what grappling is?
    sure muthafucker!! because i sure as hell didnt see werdum sweep overeem or tap him out. your world class grappler couldnt do anything against a gassed overeem so who has the flawed argument now.

and if u consider wrestling grappling i think stuffing 11 out of 12 is pretty good

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

this might get ugly

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

overeem isnt even that good....as you can tell by his ugly record losing to a bunch of scrubs. Sure he has improved alot but he hasnt been tested with anyone good and is way overrated

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    overeem isnt even that good....as you can tell by his ugly record losing to a bunch of scrubs. Sure he has improved alot but he hasnt been tested with anyone good and is way overrated
    You are vastly underrating Werdum (a top 10 HW) with that statement. And are you referring to guys like Sergei, Shogun, Arona, Nog, and Liddell as scrubs? 4 years ago!? Overeem isn't even the same fighter. Seriously... the trolls are strong around here lately... and with high post counts.

A lot of what's being said brings back memories of those who BASHED Anderson when he beat Leites. Everyone was talking about how he was overrated and couldn't finish anymore. And that he just lost motivation, etc. Then he goes on to KO Forrest and Belfort with ease. And sub Chael. Now he's right back in the GOAT discussion.
    Last edited by sirchadwick1; 06-23-11 at 06:16 AM.

RaiderNation MMA

yup exactly

12 Last