angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

MMA Winner for PlayersTalk 6/11

This Saturday night UFC 131

Two underdog plays. Just normal bets for me. 2 Units each

Shane Carwin +150

Diego Nunes +250

I'm sure a lot of you will be on the other side, that's fine.

Good luck Everyone!

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Damn Bigday!!! I really think dos santos wins this one easily:/! I like Nunes tho..

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I think Kenny Florian should win but I definitely like Nunes at those odds. Just seems like Kenny is going to be really drained come fight night. I guess we'll see.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

It's all good guys. Me and my wrestling background I guess.

I think Nunes will stay busy enough to avoid Ken's BJJ. I just think Ken's body will not fuel him well at 145. 145 is absolutely perfect weight for Nunes. Nunes has some sick striking of his own as well.

As for Carwin, Dos Santos has mostly fought strikers along the way. I realize it goes the other way as well. Carwin hasn't fought a striker like DosSantos as well... I just lean wrestler in these type of style matchups. Carwin has never really showed us takedown skills as he usually knock opponents down with his hands, then mounts for the TKO. I can see his gameplan change a tad for this fight.

Good luck!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Trust me, before I submited the thread, I knew I was going to have a lot of people tell me I am WAY off.
    I'm sticking to my guns though. I love finding underdogs!

Rod1010

Dos santos has incredible TDD tho... Ill be shocked if carwin wins.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I woulnt be surprised if one of these hits, u only need one to turn a profit...beauty of getting dogs and staking equal amounts!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    Dos santos has incredible TDD tho... Ill be shocked if carwin wins.
    Where have u seen this incredible TDD bro?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Big Country does not count as a fighter trying to take Dos santos down Rod.
    Correct Vaug, one reason why I try to find a couple dogs.

Rod1010

You could tell by this guys posture and strengh that he cant be held down or taken down for long.. Good luck on carwin tho.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    You could tell by this guys posture and strengh that he cant be held down or taken down for long.. Good luck on carwin tho.
    As always, Good luck Rod!

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I think you're pushing too hard to repeat last weekends success for players talk. I'm on Carwin too, mainly because I'm a sucker for underdogs with crazy knockout power, but this is a very hard fight to predict.

We don't know how Carwin is going to react to his surgery and he may have lost a significant amount of strength the weight loss. Dos Santos on the other hand has been very consistent, he has much better footwork than Carwin and is a lot faster. There are some holes in his defensive striking so it is possible for Carwin to sneak a big right hand through but the longer the fight goes Dos Santos is likely to gain the edge with his experience in later rounds and cardio advantage. Carwin is probably the best wrestler JDS has fought but by no means does that mean he will be able to get take downs consistently because his take down defense has looked great so far.

Shit I think I just convinced myself to hedge my bet.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I think you're pushing too hard to repeat last weekends success for players talk. I'm on Carwin too, mainly because I'm a sucker for underdogs with crazy knockout power, but this is a very hard fight to predict.

We don't know how Carwin is going to react to his surgery and he may have lost a significant amount of strength the weight loss. Dos Santos on the other hand has been very consistent, he has much better footwork than Carwin and is a lot faster. There are some holes in his defensive striking so it is possible for Carwin to sneak a big right hand through but the longer the fight goes Dos Santos is likely to gain the edge with his experience in later rounds and cardio advantage. Carwin is probably the best wrestler JDS has fought but by no means does that mean he will be able to get take downs consistently because his take down defense has looked great so far.

Shit I think I just convinced myself to hedge my bet.
    Completely agree, however these are just normal plays (2units). Not going as big as Ferguson, Chandler, or Griffin. I've only had 3 (5unit) MMA plays this year.

I honestly couldn't find a fight on the card that would merit a 5 unit wager for me.

Carwin at 12-1 and his only loss coming to a fight that he almost stopped in Lesnar. Just liking my chances.

And basically I want Ken-Flo to prove himself at a new weighclass, especially at a -300. I'm going the other way with a well-rounded fighter with a great record (I think 18-1) and has had good competition at that weight for quite some time.

I repect everyones opinion.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I've followed you for a while bigday, remember you from rx, appreciate your insight. I bet you can't wait for bubba jenkins to make the transition to mma.

Anyway, I haven't seen many nunes fights, (I didnt have versus for a long time). Do you expect Nunes to outstrike Kenny or outwrestle him? How do you see it playing out. I like Florian by decision +140 a lot.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Dos Santos is a nightmare matchup for Carwin at this point. Junior's standup is so much more polished, and like an above poster mentioned, Carwin probably won't be able to take him down with very much consistency. Of course Carwin has a chance to land that heavy right, but I doubt it. I'm on Junior -180. Good luck.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    I've followed you for a while bigday, remember you from rx, appreciate your insight. I bet you can't wait for bubba jenkins to make the transition to mma.

Anyway, I haven't seen many nunes fights, (I didnt have versus for a long time). Do you expect Nunes to outstrike Kenny or outwrestle him? How do you see it playing out. I like Florian by decision +140 a lot.
    Bubba Jenkins will be a blast to see how well he can transition.

Nunes is a very motivated fighter. He can take someone out of their gameplan quickly. I think he will also have a speed and quickness advatage as well. Nunes has underrated wrestling in my opinion and can see him take florian down if he chooses. However, I do see him testing Ken's standup first and Nunes can move in and out nicely.

Florian by dec is a good bet however. GL!