Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Just put 6 units on Browne

I normally don't let anybody "talk" me into a bet. I was reluctant to make this bet at first. But the more and more I read and the more I break it down I decided to just say F it and I put 6 units on Browne straight up. I wish I would have been able to get him as an underdog but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger then.

I think Browne is going to take it to Struve no question about it... But here are some things I think that could really work in Struve's favor.

Every time we see him he is bigger and bigger. He is putting on muscle and eventually is going to cut weight to make 265. Could this be the fight where he finally weighs in at 265? It remains to be seen. But while size may hinder other fighters I believe size is only going to help him.

He has good and improving striking. While he is very hitable he is only going to get better with his striking each and every time out. He trains with Bob Schreiber... While Bob was never a great MMA fighter he sure as hell can teach striking and knows his kickboxing.

Struve is very long so if Browne decides to go for a takedown (which I believe he will at some point in the fight), or if Browne drops him and follows up Struve's long limbs could help secure a submission.

The only 2 people who Struve has lost to while in the UFC are both top 10 ranked heavyweights. Dos Santos and Nelson.

I believe Struve will be a top 10 heavyweight someday. Especially if he works on his wrestling and wrestling defense... But too many people are really liking Browne and the line swing is no lie.

So there you have it folks! 6 units on Browne!

WAR BROWNE!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    I normally don't let anybody "talk" me into a bet. I was reluctant to make this bet at first. But the more and more I read and the more I break it down I decided to just say F it and I put 6 units on Browne straight up. I wish I would have been able to get him as an underdog but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger then.

I think Browne is going to take it to Struve no question about it... But here are some things I think that could really work in Struve's favor.

Every time we see him he is bigger and bigger. He is putting on muscle and eventually is going to cut weight to make 265. Could this be the fight where he finally weighs in at 265? It remains to be seen. But while size may hinder other fighters I believe size is only going to help him.

He has good and improving striking. While he is very hitable he is only going to get better with his striking each and every time out. He trains with Bob Schreiber... While Bob was never a great MMA fighter he sure as hell can teach striking and knows his kickboxing.

Struve is very long so if Browne decides to go for a takedown (which I believe he will at some point in the fight), or if Browne drops him and follows up Struve's long limbs could help secure a submission.

The only 2 people who Struve has lost to while in the UFC are both top 10 ranked heavyweights. Dos Santos and Nelson.

I believe Struve will be a top 10 heavyweight someday. Especially if he works on his wrestling and wrestling defense... But too many people are really liking Browne and the line swing is no lie.

So there you have it folks! 6 units on Browne!

WAR BROWNE!

i enjoyed reading this....well done...lot of guys on browne....and if it`s a quick finish,it`ll probably be browne....

but i really think many are sleeping on struve...he started fighting professionally as a "just turned 17" y.o. beanpole........

i can see why people are liking browne...he`s a balls to the wall, full on/full bore offensive fighter....and struve has serious defensive liabilities..

struve may still lack a bit of power...and he could utilize his height much better than he does...

i think he can be overwhelmed,particularly early...and that`s what browne does best...

but if this somehow gets out of the first,the worm could turn a bit...because struve is also verrrry resilient...theres not an ounce of quit in the kid.....and he`s more well rounded than browne,imo...it will be by far browne`s toughest test,imo(i am one of those guys that thinks cheick kongo is one of theee most overrated fighters in the ufc....if you check his record,he`s been mostly matched with other one dimensional guys...peripheral guys....and he`s struggles with some of them... he`s failed badly when he stepped up in competition...i think his body builder physique and persona exceed his mma ability).....

this fight really piques my interest....i`m praying for props in this one...

again,nice write-up....i mostly agree(except i don`t feel comfortable placing a large wager on either guy)......

Last edited by rocky mattioli; 05-24-11 at 03:05 PM.

Dave--M
    Dave--M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

what is 6 units in real money

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good analysis all around. I think Browne matches up very favourably here, and I have money on him, but it's still a perfectly winnable fight for The Skyscraper. It's feasible that Browne could get caught in a submission as he tries to pound out Struve, or even knocked out in a similar fashion to Morecraft during a wild exchange (Browne has a good chin, but he doesn't take many precautions to cover himself when throwing punches).

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Good analysis all around. I think Browne matches up very favourably here, and I have money on him, but it's still a perfectly winnable fight for The Skyscraper. It's feasible that Browne could get caught in a submission as he tries to pound out Struve, or even knocked out in a similar fashion to Morecraft during a wild exchange (Browne has a good chin, but he doesn't take many precautions to cover himself when throwing punches).
    I agree. I have a feeling we're going to see quite a few wild exchanges in this fight. Either way I am very much looking forward to this fight.

rocky mattioli

"doesn`t go the distance" was a little over -300....and with good reason,imo....parlay material...maybe with glen johnson/froch goes the distance.....at almost even odds,,,

silva/leben doesn`t go the distance was around-130...that seems reasonable...no fancy dancers here...matter of fact the probablity of all kninds of rough stuff is quite high(headbutts etc) given the lefty vs righty situation...

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol i liked how u said u were putting 6 units on browne, then went on to talk about struve for the next couple paragraps

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    lol i liked how u said u were putting 6 units on browne, then went on to talk about struve for the next couple paragraps
    Honestly, I've had more success betting against fighters than betting on fighters.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

For me this is one those fights I feel could go either way and if I can get either as a decent underdog I'd put a unit on them. So seeing that its too late to get Browne as a dog I'll put a unit on Struve if I can get him at +140 or better.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    For me this is one those fights I feel could go either way and if I can get either as a decent underdog I'd put a unit on them. So seeing that its too late to get Browne as a dog I'll put a unit on Struve if I can get him at +140 or better.
    I feel the same way as you do, probably will end up as a no play.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Dave--M View Post
    what is 6 units in real money
    It doesn't matter. That's the point.

RaiderNation MMA

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Honestly, I've had more success betting against fighters than betting on fighters.
    i am mind bottled, but i understand i think

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

This is a tossup fight IMO. Struve does have a habit of digging himself into a hole early in fights though.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    It doesn't matter. That's the point.
    6% of his bankroll

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    i am mind bottled, but i understand i think
    Everyone has had more success betting against the Raiders than betting on them

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    Everyone has had more success betting against the Raiders than betting on them
    Fun fact: Raiders were 8-8 against the spread and 8-8 over all last season

In short, you fail.

RaiderNation MMA

how u gonna rep 209 and nor cal and diss the raiders!!!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1950

Struve has the reach advantage.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

good luck, this fight should be interesting.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Struve has the reach advantage.
    And? He's going to have the reach advantage against everybody! It means nothing if you don't know how to use it...I'm sure Yao Ming would have a reach advantage if you put him in a cage with Cain Velasquez

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    And? He's going to have the reach advantage against everybody! It means nothing if you don't know how to use it...I'm sure Yao Ming would have a reach advantage if you put him in a cage with Cain Velasquez
    No you ******* imbecile, what part did you not understand about his post.

HE

HAS

REACH

ADVANTAGE!

Game over, my man.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Did anybody mention that he is also realllly realllly TALL!

Poppa Catfish

Did anybody mention that he is also realllly realllly TALL!

the only to combat this is by being black, being motivated, fighting outside the UFC, or changing to Jackson's camp

Poppa Catfish

oh missed one, fighting against GSP. Because no matter how little of a chance you have of beating him, god I hate that rooster_eater, so I'm going to say that the other guy has value. After 14 or so of them lose, maybe one of them will win, and boom there is your value.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post

the only to combat this is by being black, being motivated, fighting outside the UFC, or changing to Jackson's camp
    By black do you mean "Explosive"?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Black fighters have the double bonus of being explosive and being impossible to cut.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Black fighters have the double bonus of being explosive and being impossible to cut.
    With the exception being Marvin Eastman, who was neither.

Jordan23

2 more days guys! I'm just as excited about this fight as I am the main event (then again that's not saying much).

Poppa Catfish

These are all really solid angles, and certainly not just lazy handicapping.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    2 more days guys! I'm just as excited about this fight as I am the main event (then again that's not saying much).
    I'm super excited about this card, not sure why its getting no love. Mighty Mouse vs Torres as a WEC headliner would've had me excited for weeks. Every fight on the main card is competitive and interesting. I can't wait, and then follow it up with the worst Dream card ever, I'm sold!

rocky mattioli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTDeOPFr9e4

RaiderNation MMA

lol yao ming