stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Injury forces Edge to retire

Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns. (CAREER PHOTOS)

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI administered at Atlanta Midtown Diagnostic Imaging last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Alberto del WHO? Edge shouldve been taking steroids. He also had no gimmick, and horrible mic skills.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Edge DID take steroids in the past. At least that's the word on the streets years ago to look bigger. He had the body of a mid carder.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    Alberto del WHO? Edge shouldve been taking steroids. He also had no gimmick, and horrible mic skills.
    His mic skills are not great, but not crappy either.
    He had the spear gimmick.

He was doing roids on doctor script when he ****** up his back 8 years ago.

WWE is losing all the old school wrestlers, now Edge, Jerricho is done (almost) HHH 'Taker are less then part timers, HBK done....................

Why do you think Vince is paying Rock beau coup money for a year to promote the next WM

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Spear!

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Once they went with the PG programming, there was no longer a reason to watch. Now, instead of the rookies working thier way up, they just give them the belt for now reason... wait, not no reason, the reason is they are friends of HHH. Really, The Miz?, About 10 years ago the miz wouldnt be good enough to be a jobber.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    WWE is losing all the old school wrestlers, now Edge, Jerricho is done (almost)
    Rumors have it that Jericho wants to come back after he is done with DWTS. My guess is that he will come back as face and feud with miz. Gawd, this makes me wanna puke.

Once they went with the PG programming, there was no longer a reason to watch. Now, instead of the rookies working thier way up, they just give them the belt for now reason... wait, not no reason, the reason is they are friends of HHH. Really, The Miz?, About 10 years ago the miz wouldnt be good enough to be a jobber.
    I don't care what happened at Mania, I saw all the promotions, the entrances, the butt kissing, but the miz is something I still laugh at and can't take seriously. miz is not even good enough to be in a dark match with other wrestlers as he can't really work a match correctly. He still gets carried.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Do you guys actually follow that shyt?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Rumors have it that Jericho wants to come back after he is done with DWTS. My guess is that he will come back as face and feud with miz. Gawd, this makes me wanna puke.

I don't care what happened at Mania, I saw all the promotions, the entrances, the butt kissing, but the miz is something I still laugh at and can't take seriously. miz is not even good enough to be in a dark match with other wrestlers as he can't really work a match correctly. He still gets carried.
    Good post.
    I can't stand the Miz either.
    But yeah, we got the Cena Rock thing going on now, Miz needs somebody to feud with, at least Jerricho has mic skills "the best in the world at what I do..."

I watch because it still amuses me, but nothing like it was in the 90's with lie, cheat, steal Eddie and the rest.

This thing with Cole is awful, Dolph is a joke, Swagger is a joke, Jen Hudson's husband is a joke. Mr. 619 has gotten stale..............

I like the new Mexican, but he can't carry this company.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

I like Jericho, Eddie(RIP), and CM Punk's role. Lately Punk has been thrown down with some noobs in the NXT, he is better off alone as a heel. I don't mind Jericho coming back, I just hate the fact that the writers are doing so much just to make the miz look like gold by pairing him up with the faces of the company. Ever since the miz was split up with Morrison, the miz has been paired up with someone or a title to look like a threat or a future something. And now he is being promoted by Cole and with Riley as his arm candy body guard? Come on? Gawd, that's why I don't support watching RAW on TV cuz I don't want my viewing get counted as a rating. I rather download the torrent the day after. That's how much I have this riot for the WWE. Man, I'm such a wrestling mark. haha

stevenash

Morrison has mad skills, WWE needs to push that.
    Guy can do it all, go toe to toe and he can go off the top rope.

I love the stuff too JM, but you are right, for every one star, there are four jobbers.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

Bad news for WWE here. Edge was one of the best workers they had - one of few guys who could be the top heel or face at anytime. Hope they can still work Edge into a few angles from here somehow.

stevenash

I loved the guy.
    Except the romance thing with Vickie.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Another guy who will probly drop dead within next decade...ridiculous how WWE gets away with it and has so many "fans"!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I saw a pic of him with fangs.....if he's a vampire wouldn't that make him immune to this injury?

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12587

Edge was always good at angering Triple H, which I liked to no end, since Triple H is the one fighter I dislike most. Triple H put on a great show at this last vs. Undertaker. Only got to watch the last match at the last pay per view over at Wing House, since I had poker going on.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Del Rio should have won the title @ wrestlemania, it woulda been much better for the show

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

fukk, edge is an asset.. oh well, time to push captain charisma..

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

very unexpected, thought it was some angle. hope for the best for the guy.

though, tbh, was never a big fan. he is a midcarder at best, but was bumped up after all the talent from the attitude era got old or defected away. once the attitude era ended i basically stopped watching, until very recently. current era (whatever it is) doesn't come close to it. the skills behind the mic are what is really, really lacking.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure they will work edge in some how. I mean look at how the work in Steve Austin's gimp ass every chance they get. They still use Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer). We even saw them let Bret Hart wrestle again. It's sad when these guys who entertained us go out this way, but that's the nature of the beast.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I stopped watching WWE 5 years ago, but I always thought Edge was pretty solid. His mic skills weren't bad at all imho and he had good charisma. I wonder if the roids had anything to do w/ his neurological disorder.

Last edited by sirchadwick1; 04-12-11 at 12:47 PM.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Exactly, this is why I don't watch wrestling anymore. The Miz? LMAO!!!

And I HATE John Cena. I loved WWF in the 90s and into the 2000s but it is just so bad now.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

WWF and WCW in the 80s/early 90s reigns supreme. I could never get enough.

Funny how that's the best era, but I still think the Rock is the best man to hold the mic.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

tna is so much better than wwe at this point, it's not even funny.
    mr anderson (kennedy) and his asshole schtick, sting, styles, hogan, hardys, jarrett, angle, rvd, abyss, etc etc

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    tna is so much better than wwe at this point, it's not even funny.
    mr anderson (kennedy) and his asshole schtick, sting, styles, hogan, hardys, jarrett, angle, rvd, abyss, etc etc
    Jarrett should go back to the hexagon ring.
    RVD is my all time favorite. "RVD 4:20 - I Just Smoked Your Ass"

Matt Morgan lives up the road from me, real nice guy, triple letter sports guy in college, used to hit a baseball 440 feet.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

It's a shame Edge had to retire, but all good things must come to an end. I felt sorry for the guy in his farewell speech as the crowd was kinda dull about it. I think everyone was in shock, thinking this is some sort of angle. I knew from the net that he would be retiring come next year and missed the on-line spoilers of his early retirement yesterday. He was fun to watch, but I am sure he will be used elsewhere within the company. Guess he will be the first name to be announced for next years HoF.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

thought this was a sports forum?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

He'll be back...it's Professional Wrestling...storylines and dramas start and stop every week

orioles
    orioles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being Bodyslammed from a 20 foot ladder didn't help. Plus being slammed through tables did not help.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

sad end to a career hallmarked by his selfless willingness to take extra risks for the fans

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

bring back coco b ware

stevenash

bring back junk yard dog

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255