That fight was terrible, he was like the untalented fitch

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

scary coach..

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Anybody watch "UFC Unleashed" that came on right after "Ultimate Fighter" ended? They showed the Jan/2010 fight between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard. GREAT FIGHT! Watching Frankie somehow survive that first round beating was amazing!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Anybody watch "UFC Unleashed" that came on right after "Ultimate Fighter" ended? They showed the Jan/2010 fight between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard. GREAT FIGHT! Watching Frankie somehow survive that first round beating was amazing!
    Jan 2010, the fight was like 2 months ago?

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by MMAdisciple View Post

Yeah it's not like he's a former NCAA D1 wrestler who went 106-5 over 4 years, not like he's a former UFC champ that actually defended the belt a few times. What a waste...shoulda got Pat Barry to coach against JDS.

But really, the guy is a "coach" on the show, not a "trainer", he will have trainers for that. I think he'll make a good coach as well, he's a mental giant.
    Great so he's a D-1 wrestler who went 106-5 over 4 years and a former champ, I heard Dos Santos has a 12 inch rooster. And they all carry as much importance to the discussion when we are talking about training for MMA. If your fanboy repetition of his accolades somehow meant the fighters in his camp would all be guaranteed a win, then I'd granted it some relevance. Too bad it doesn't.

The head coach, is the lead TRAINER you dipshit. He is the one who sets down what they're going to learn in terms of fundamentals, ie striking, wrestling, grappling, and conditioning. How they're going to learn it with specific training of techniques. And since he's the guy who has to put it all together in one coherent strategy or gameplan suited for each individual fighter on his team which is developed through and implemented through live sparring. It's crucial that his knows his shit.

You think Brock Lesnar is capable of doing what I just described? No he isn't, because the guy is a retard. And if he was you would have seen a much more balanced development in his own MMA style. Brock is a tremendous wrestler but outside of takedowns, his primary advantage is in his physical size. How the hell are you supposed to teach size? You can't.

His dependence on his size makes him one dimensional, with little apparent development to the rest of his MMA game. This is a classic sign of someone who either doesn't grasp the bigger picture or refuses to put in the work. Million dollar body but a ten cent head.

His striking is a joke, it's the one particular weakness in his game that has been obvious from day one. And it's one of the many things that he hasn't not worked on. He's still scared of getting hit and that's a trait of someone who doesn't spar, and who hasn't put in the ring time to work things out. It's probably just work with focus mits but that'll only take you so far. Against a live opponent, pad work just doesn't cut it since you don't have anyone who can strike back at you. So things like defensive footwork, head movement, and hands are never developed. Look at what he does when he gets hit, he closes his eyes, drops his hands, and runs away.

And where's his groundgame? Oh that's right, it's non existent too, other than laying on someone in their half-guard or subbing a guy who is having an asthma attack. There is no groundgame and everything I've seen up til this point shows me only a little understanding of even some of the basic mechanics. He took Cain down but he didn't know what to do there or even how to keep him there. And you could clearly tell in that fight when once that happened, his entire gameplan went out the window.

And don't even get me started on how shitty his conditioning is, dude was sucking wind a couple of minutes into the fight with Cain.

I hope for the sake of those guys in his team that he was able to get some good trainers. Though, who the hell does he even know? So I hope that the UFC was able to get some trainers for him, because they will have to depend on those guys a lot. That shithead isn't going to teach them ANYTHING and whatever success they have will be in spite of him, not because of him.

It might even become a Ken Shamrock type situation where his entire team turned on him halfway through the season. I don't think anything can be that bad, but that can happen when you put a guy in charge who has a big ego and little knowledge. All the yelling and screaming in the world won't get you anywhere because fighters will just start shutting you out.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Jan 2010, the fight was like 2 months ago?
    Typo dude........Jan/2011.

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Great so he's a D-1 wrestler who went 106-5 over 4 years and a former champ, I heard Dos Santos has a 12 inch rooster. And they all carry as much importance to the discussion when we are talking about training for MMA.
    Hmm so Lesnar's credentials & "your example" are equals when considering MMA training? I should stop here as you're obviously an idiot.

If your fanboy repetition of his accolades somehow meant the fighters in his camp would all be guaranteed a win, then I'd granted it some relevance. Too bad it doesn't.
    I listed his credentials with no fluff, so try again. And no credentials can guarantee a win, so try again.

The head coach, is the lead TRAINER you dipshit. He is the one who sets down what they're going to learn in terms of fundamentals, ie striking, wrestling, grappling, and conditioning. How they're going to learn it with specific training of techniques. And since he's the guy who has to put it all together in one coherent strategy or gameplan suited for each individual fighter on his team which is developed through and implemented through live sparring. It's crucial that his knows his shit.
    A coach and a trainer are two very different things, idiot. Ever heard of Eric Paulson, Marty Morgan, Comprido, and Peter Welch? These are the trainers, and as such, it is they who deal with strategy, conditioning, technique etc. If what you said was the truth, Lesnar might as well fire these guys from the show and his own training, since he's the one that "sets (everything) down" and "has to put (everything) together in one coherent strategy". Ridiculous statement.

You think Brock Lesnar is capable of doing what I just described?
    Nope, that's what the trainers are for, idiot. What would Jones be without Jackson? According to your logic, Jones trains himself and Jackson is just "there".

(Long hater rant)
    Ah, I get it. You were 40 when Lesnar came into MMA and you promised everyone he would be nothing. Which one of your heroes did he smash? Heath Herring?

I hope for the sake of those guys in his team that he was able to get some good trainers. Though, who the hell does he even know?
    Oh, you admit you have no idea who the actual trainers are. Okay.

It might even become a Ken Shamrock type situation where his entire team turned on him halfway through the season. I don't think anything can be that bad, but that can happen when you put a guy in charge who has a big ego and little knowledge. All the yelling and screaming in the world won't get you anywhere because fighters will just start shutting you out.
    ^This^ is what you call "hater fantasizing". There is no indication any of this will happen, except in your little brain. Idiot.
    Last edited by MMAdisciple; 03-31-11 at 07:36 PM.

RealBets
    RealBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

this season is gonna be interesting since they didnt have to fight for a room in the house. dont really know what to expect from each fighter.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

that german kid was fukking horrible

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

One of the most boring fights in tuf history

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

No kidding. Fight was lame.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Dude said he was holding back due to advice from his coaches. Maybe they told him to just grapplefuck him to death. We'll see what he does in his next fight.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

This season is going to be great. Lesnar will avoid getting too much camera time, and JDS will happily read the lines that producers feed him.

First fight was horrible though...hope Shamar loses in his next fight so I don't have to watch him after that.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

not off to a good start

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

How's the ratings? Ratings should be HUGE because of Lesnar..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Interesting blog by Lew Polley (Team Dos Santos wrestling coach) basicaly tearing in to Dos Santos and his Brazilian coaches!..

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23139/team...isode-no-2.mma

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

what happened to all the craziness in the house? only reason anyone watched the show, always has mostly terrible fights

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    what happened to all the craziness in the house? only reason anyone watched the show, always has mostly terrible fights
    Ther is gonna be some craziness judging from the promo but they wont show tht till last few episodes.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keon is one of the biggest pussies of all the time and after his time there may never be a bigger pussy. He had the biggest opportunity of his life and left because his vagina was hurting him. I think it's kind of important to note so far that JDS has not been giving his team as much wrestling practice as he should. If this is the way he trains also Lesnar is going to make quick work of him.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Anyone else thinking Lesner is looking more lean than before? Don't know what to make of it, but the fact that he maintained agility at his previous size seemed to be a deciding factor in his first 4-5 fights.

LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked Lesnar's degrading motivational speech about chicken salad and chicken shit and every dog having his day. He really is a ******* oddball. In what universe is that helpful to anyone?

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

lesnar was degrading the whole team telling them they were all chicken shit no matter what. He should switch careers and take up motivational speaking. The guy on his team won the fight and he started ranting about chicken salad and chicken shit. I thought I was the only one who noticed that lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    lesnar was degrading the whole team telling them they were all chicken shit no matter what. He should switch careers and take up motivational speaking. The guy on his team won the fight and he started ranting about chicken salad and chicken shit. I thought I was the only one who noticed that lol
    ha yeah "u cant polish turds" etc...! Must make them feel really special!

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

they seemed pretty receptive to it.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

god damn does this show suck. I would have more fun watching paint dry on the HGTV channel.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Chicken salad baby

words to live by

First 12