Originally posted on 03/17/2023:

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
Arky, that's a classic picture.

26,700. How much of that has to do with flight to safety away from the banks?
Eheh, when I first came across that picture, I was checking out the old Indian motorcycle in the foreground. The people all lined up just so happened to fit the current state of affairs. I believe that photo is from Millbury, MA at the start of the Great Depression.

I think a crash will hit Europe first. The USA might be the last to go. It's an orchestrated take-down by the crooks running things and the USA has the most robust financials making it the toughest nut to crack. Note all the trains derailing, food processing plants that are mysteriously burning down and the fake bird flu going around. Just about none of this is reported by the MSM to the oblivious masses. There is some hope, though with the truth about the Scamdemic coming out and people like Elon Musk seemingly switching sides.

Mr Jibby is right - precious metals are the safest play. I have hope for crypto but it's not guaranteed. I am encouraged when I see some respected analysts say "gold, silver and crypto". Silvergate going down eliminated a big on-ramp into crypto. The SEC and Gensler do not want crypto to succeed. The brainwashed are only too happy to believe crypto is a Ponzi and only criminals use it.

The big banks would go down first. Chase, Wells Fargo, BkofAma, etc - if you're total wealth is in one of these, best to relocate it to a smaller local bank or a credit union. It will buy time.

I hate to say it but - worst case - 401K's could go poof overnight. Not a bad idea to take a cue from those wacky preppers and stock up on food, water and bullets. People in the cities will feel it the most.