asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Say, you're looking to get into crypto and you're looking for information.... where do you go?

jjgold or Anthony Pompliano?

themike78 or Michael Saylor?

There's a difference between those that understand Bitcoin/crypto and those that don't. We got our share of broken-record doomers here who live for the crypto dips. That's when they come out like little roaches ..... "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"..... lol God gotta love 'em.

One of my favorite podcasters is a metal head (gold/silver) among other things. One of his regular guests is a metal seller. He brings this guy on and they talk crypto. As you can imagine, they spend the whole show dissing crypto. They've been having a field day lately with the crypto setbacks. Neither one "gets it" (podcaster guy maybe a little). In their defense, gold/silver is one of the better investments (although it is a value sloth) out there. So, the "bias" works both ways. I have both.
    This is the same Michael Saylor that's completely underwater on his bitcoin investment ?

His opinion is superior because he's LOST but at least he owns some so therefore he knows more ?

That you decided to use Saylor as an example and thought this is somehow in your favour is mindblowing actually. It's not that much better than if you had said Sam

You are just another cultist that only cares about number goes up. As far as you're concerned, bitcoin IS literally a ponzi scheme

This is Saylor's pinned tweet

Yeah what a grounded perspective

asiagambler

asiagambler

If you lost money on FTX, congrats! You donated to the Democratic Party

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    If you lost money on FTX, congrats! You donated to the Democratic Party
    Are you saying he did not donate to Repubs too?

Did Truth Social forget to tell you that part?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Trust is all gone exchanges

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Well, the chart doesn't make sense to me. 36 sats is about ½ a penny and that will take forever. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong. Last transaction I sent cost 1,562 sats which was about 30¢ at the time.

If you've already sent your transaction, your wallet may allow you to bump the price up to speed it up. Seems like there's another way to speed up a transaction but I forget - perhaps someone else will chime in....

Edit: the Bitcoin Fee Calculator at the bottom of the page in your link is better. Says avg. price of transaction is 35¢. That's reasonable. Not sure why they are using a decimal point in their sat fees, though. 2180 sats = .00002180 BTC = 36¢

Question: are transaction fee spikes predictable at all? Can someone explain why a transaction that cost 0.00001 to send a month ago, costs 0.0001 now? Is number of (intended) transaction the only factor here, so more people wanting to use BTC to make a payment will always mean a transaction fee increase? Does hash rate matter? Does usd/btc rate matter?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Bitcoin is dirt cheap right now. Not sure I ever see Bitcoin tanking much lower then it is now. Just saying.

Bitcoin isn't a scam..

Myranda Jones
    Myranda Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    I think we hit the bottom a day ago. If not, can't see it going below $15k. That said, I'm not confident in any prediction right now. I'm waiting for the bull run and will try to pick the coins/tokens that will go up the most. BTC safest place to be now. I really see APE and OMI hitting big during the next run. There's really not much to look at now other than getting ready for the next run.
    I love OMI and think it will do well. But, I've heard APE bayc kept their treasury on blockfolio which is owned by ftx?

What do you think about APE Coin going forward with this info, if true?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19203

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    This is the same Michael Saylor that's completely underwater on his bitcoin investment ?

His opinion is superior because he's LOST but at least he owns some so therefore he knows more ?
    You fishing? Didn't say that. Everyone is feeling the pinch right now. That's a bear market for ya. Cycles. Have you looked into Saylor's personal stash? His personal DCA is different than MicroStrategy's.

Bitcoin/crypto is not even a teenager, yet. Maybe one day - if it is "allowed" to grow up - we won't get these wild swings.

That you decided to use Saylor as an example and thought this is somehow in your favour is mindblowing actually. It's not that much better than if you had said Sam

You are just another cultist that only cares about number goes up. As far as you're concerned, bitcoin IS literally a ponzi scheme
    Wow, really going for the dramatic. Didn't say that either - that would be your opinion. No, decentralization would be where it is at. Being out of "the system", away from "the system". I'm all in on crypto and use it when I can. I only keep enough fiat in the bank to pay the bills, taxes and other necessities to keep armed thugs from showing up at my door wanting to take me away and put me in a cage for not towing the line.

This is Saylor's pinned tweet
    Eh, so he's a poet. Big deal. OK, maybe not the best example. I was going for a familiar name. He's certainly better equipped to speak about Bitcoin than this forum's self-appointed financial advisors and that was the point.

Whatsa matter, couldn't find anything sketchy about Pomp? Or just going for what you thought was the weakest part? Do you eat your red meat cooked or raw?

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Still DCA’ing but I withdrew quite a bit in 2021 when it was around $33K

It’s hard NOT to buy BTC when it’s at these prices

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

ditto tough not to buy but will wait

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pabonaparte View Post
    Question: are transaction fee spikes predictable at all? Can someone explain why a transaction that cost 0.00001 to send a month ago, costs 0.0001 now? Is number of (intended) transaction the only factor here, so more people wanting to use BTC to make a payment will always mean a transaction fee increase? Does hash rate matter? Does usd/btc rate matter?
    I believe the fees all revolve around network activity, miner participation and the price. Unpredictable, I'd say, although not my area of expertise. Someone else is welcome to chime in.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

If you're a buyer you should wait a bit. The FTX collapse is probably going to have a domino effect and other players will fail in this time. The price of bitcoin will reflect the panic. The next 10 days will make things clearer.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Quote Originally Posted by Myranda Jones View Post
    I love OMI and think it will do well. But, I've heard APE bayc kept their treasury on blockfolio which is owned by ftx?

What do you think about APE Coin going forward with this info, if true?
    I'm sure you hate that news as much as I do. It's mind boggling how many people are going to be affected. All I know is that it isn't good news for APE but other tokens are in a better position to collapse than APE.

Napishi Na
    Napishi Na's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 943

Well, the chart doesn't make sense to me. 36 sats is about ½ a penny and that will take forever. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong. Last transaction I sent cost 1,562 sats which was about 30¢ at the time.

If you've already sent your transaction, your wallet may allow you to bump the price up to speed it up. Seems like there's another way to speed up a transaction but I forget - perhaps someone else will chime in....

Edit: the Bitcoin Fee Calculator at the bottom of the page in your link is better. Says avg. price of transaction is 35¢. That's reasonable. Not sure why they are using a decimal point in their sat fees, though. 2180 sats = .00002180 BTC = 36¢
    So if I used less than 14 BTC/kvb, I could be waiting for weeks unless fees go down?
    I think only 2000 transactions or so get included in every block and there's too much demand and price per kb isn't going down.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Napishi Na View Post
    So if I used less than 14 BTC/kvb, I could be waiting for weeks unless fees go down?
    Yes. Is it worth the savings? Whenever I see the going rate or the average fee I will bump it up 20-40% so it gets done quicker. 35¢? I'll send 45¢.

Here's a good sat to fiat converter.

jjgold

long term ok to buy major coiins

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Crypto getting sketchy. You don't know what is a scam and ponzi anymore. Needs regulation.

That would suck to try and cash out on any Crypto and get rejected for funds not being there and available anymore .

raiders72001

Here's what I think will happen. Coinbase, Kraken and Binance will gain customers after some time. Obviously, there's a run on withdrawals right now. If there's an exchange freezing withdrawals now, when they open again, leave. Some others are going down for good or are going to be bought out. It's good for the industry in the long run.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 11-17-22 at 04:27 PM.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

bahamas govt ordered bankman-fried to hack ftx system and transfer assets to the bahamas govt account.

manhattan u.s. Attorney's office preparing criminal charges against bankman-fried and ftx for defrauding customers

Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave Yulia74 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001

SBF has plenty hidden. There was already an inside job hack of FTX that stole over $300m in ETH. Kracken figured out who the person is and passed that on to law enforcement in the US.

raiders72001

MIT has to be downgraded in the college rankings after this.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

MIT has to be downgraded in the college rankings after this.
    Eheh. Sounds like they all have become institutions of indoctrination..... Home schooling on the rise for little ones.

Things are changing fast. Someone made the point that major stories are occurring almost daily when they usually occur weekly....

jjgold

Kracken one of most regulated exchanges out there

They did it right from the beginning

raiders72001

Eheh. Sounds like they all have become institutions of indoctrination..... Home schooling on the rise for little ones.

Things are changing fast. Someone made the point that major stories are occurring almost daily when they usually occur weekly....
    Zoom schooling woke a lot of people up. Parents saw some of what is being taught.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Arky

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    [SIZE=3]bahamas govt ordered bankman-fried to hack ftx system and transfer assets to the bahamas govt account.

Not trying to be a contrarian here but who is the source? If it was MSM, you just can't trust them these days. Headlines and stories should be verified however which way you can. Our MSM is compromised and spinning the message these days. Everyone should know that by now. Frequently, it is better to read it opposite of what they say. For all we know, SBF could have bribed them and they accepted....

Just sayin.... no offense....

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

600+M BTC in options expiring tomorrow will we see under 16k tomorrow. i think so

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Bitcoin is dirt cheap right now. Not sure I ever see Bitcoin tanking much lower then it is now. Just saying.

Bitcoin isn't a scam..
    It will get cheaper

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Bitcoin is on sale right until the next bull market in 2024 or 2025.
    Buy Bitcoin and put it in cold storage wallet since exchanges can't be trusted.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 887

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Crypto getting sketchy. You don't know what is a scam and ponzi anymore. Needs regulation.

That would suck to try and cash out on any Crypto and get rejected for funds not being there and available anymore .
    Bitcoin and a few others will survive but it has always felt a bit sketchy to me. I commend the guys that are committed to it or have been early adopters but wherever there is money there will be laws, regulations and taxes so the party is over for now.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 887

SBF has plenty hidden. There was already an inside job hack of FTX that stole over $300m in ETH. Kracken figured out who the person is and passed that on to law enforcement in the US.
    Of course he has plenty hidden. Guy was mismanaging funds from day one. It was just his piggy bank. Guy was fukking around in the Bahamas. I’m amazed that he could walk in any room and convince people to hand over 100’s of millions to him. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/...leb-endorsers/

In addition to FTX founder and CEO Sam Bankman-Fried, investors are suing celebrity endorsers, such as Tom Brady, Gisele Bündchen, Larry David, David Ortiz, Steph Curry, and Shaquille O’Neal, according to a report by the New York Post.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Bitcoin may go down to about 8,000.

I feel confident under 15,000

So if you think it’s going to be a good future still, you may think about buying a whole coin.

raiders72001

Hacker's not too bright. Sent money to Kraken where he did KYC.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

So do we think Grayscale has a problem now too?

First ... 211212213214215216217 ... Last