Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

Coinbase Debit Card

Just received my coinbase debit card last week and am curious if any of you guys have gotten one? If you have one, what are the Pros/Cons of it? I haven't used it yet but I have activated it. Seems like it may save some $$$ from having to transfer all crypto the your bank of choice is what I'm reading.

GL to All.

Four33
    5-3-2
    Four33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

Banned from coin base 😀

Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11651

Quote Originally Posted by Four33 View Post
    Banned from coin base 
    Sorry to hear this. I'm not sure why I posted this in the SBR forum anyway b/c most of these SBR "pros" aren't gambling enough to even qualify for this card. The ones who do make the occasional wager and happen to win are still using ** and **. Should have realized this prior to starting this post.

GOOD LUCK @ THE VFW Bingo parlor this Friday you OLD A$$ FARTS

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I think a lot more on here are probably using a debit card like crypto.com instead.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

I wouldn't trust Coinbase to control my funds. No need.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The only one you can trust with your funds is you. I learned the hard way that none of them give a rats ass about your crypto or the security of your account. Their crypto is a different story. Coinbase was better than Gemini with security and freezing my account but neither of them prevented a breach.

ant, I have a bit pay card that I’ve never used but I saw a few months ago I could link it with Coinbase. I’m not going to do it because those cards always have crazy fees to drain whatever balance you have left in it, whether it transaction fees or dormancy fees, they’ll get that last $9.99.
    I have noticed withdrawing ACH with CB is within hours for me, like 3-4 hours. With CA the withdrawal to my bank is instant for a couple of bucks.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Really no need for the coinbase card. You can withdraw instantly for free to paypal. Coinbase also now does instant transfers to bank debit cards for a small fee. Why do I need another debit card? Also I don't really trust coinbase holding my money. I would rather keep it in a trusted bank. This weekend bitcoin transfers and withdrawls were frozen with coinbase. It took them 24 hours to fix the issue and no customer service help at all. They are not reliable.
    Last edited by themike78; 08-16-21 at 04:39 PM.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    I think a lot more on here are probably using a debit card like crypto.com instead.
    Love Crypto.com debit card, and the app is amazing too. Of course, I, like many here, got in before they took a hatchet to the staking requirements and rewards, so I'm grandfathered into previous rates. I think it's still probably a good idea for new customers to at least get their lowest tier card, just to have access to the platform.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    The only one you can trust with your funds is you. I learned the hard way that none of them give a rats ass about your crypto or the security of your account. Their crypto is a different story. Coinbase was better than Gemini with security and freezing my account but neither of them prevented a breach.

ant, I have a bit pay card that I’ve never used but I saw a few months ago I could link it with Coinbase. I’m not going to do it because those cards always have crazy fees to drain whatever balance you have left in it, whether it transaction fees or dormancy fees, they’ll get that last $9.99.
    I have noticed withdrawing ACH with CB is within hours for me, like 3-4 hours. With CA the withdrawal to my bank is instant for a couple of bucks.
    Yeah, I had $10k stuck on BitPay from before I realized that they were no longer offering ACH transfers out of the account. Once I saw the first $5 inactivity fee, I said screw them and purchased a bunch of WalMart money orders to get my funds out of there. The card is useless to me now. There are way better options. It's too bad they changed for the worse.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

I am looking into both Crypto.com card and also the Coinbase one (still on the waitlist for that). I love the idea of being able to get cashback in something that can appreciate in value overtime instead of a standard "3% cashback in points" that would have various restrictions on how and where they can be spent.

Earning the cashback in crypto, particularly something like XLM on the coinbase card, and then sitting on it for a few years for it to (hopefully) appreciate in value seems like a smart long-term game.

My only concern is being able to load it up with cash rather than crypto, as I don't want to have to worry about tracking a taxable event every single time I use it!

Camma23
    Camma23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2293

you guys advertising Crypto,com card, are you using it for gambling porpuse or just a general suggestion? Thanks

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by Camma23 View Post
    you guys advertising Crypto,com card, are you using it for gambling porpuse or just a general suggestion? Thanks
    Both. It's a cool platform for ctrypto in general. But even if you're not into that, crypto is a key component of gambling these days so it is a useful tool to facilitate that.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15805

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Really no need for the coinbase card. You can withdraw instantly for free to paypal.
    I don't see how you can. From where or what are you sending to Paypal?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They are fuggin aszzholes. I confirmed my account several times and literally have the highest limits possible for trading, wihtdrawing, depositing.

I still an occasional hold on a $100-$200 deposit fro 5 days because who fuggin knows why. I have 5 figures on there.

You can't "reach" them either unless your account has been stolen. I am moving over to bittrex and Kraken.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    I don't see how you can. From where or what are you sending to Paypal?
    You have to link a paypal account first to your coinbase. Then when you go to cashout paypal will show up. It's instant and no fee.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    They are fuggin aszzholes. I confirmed my account several times and literally have the highest limits possible for trading, wihtdrawing, depositing.

I still an occasional hold on a $100-$200 deposit fro 5 days because who fuggin knows why. I have 5 figures on there.

You can't "reach" them either unless your account has been stolen. I am moving over to bittrex and Kraken.
    Debit or credit card deposits are instant. You must be depositing from your checking account which requires a 5 day hold. If you buy or cashout straight to a debit card it's instant.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15805

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    You have to link a paypal account first to your coinbase. Then when you go to cashout paypal will show up. It's instant and no fee.
    Thank you Mike.

Camma23
    Camma23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2293

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Both. It's a cool platform for ctrypto in general. But even if you're not into that, crypto is a key component of gambling these days so it is a useful tool to facilitate that.
    mmm I read that these crypto cards are not gambling friendly. Is this wrong?

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by Camma23 View Post
    mmm I read that these crypto cards are not gambling friendly. Is this wrong?
    I use a middle man wallet if that's what you're asking. That's always recommended, but it doesn't make the card or any other exchange less of a tool for gamblers.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Ant23 View Post
    Just received my coinbase debit card last week and am curious if any of you guys have gotten one? If you have one, what are the Pros/Cons of it? I haven't used it yet but I have activated it. Seems like it may save some $$$ from having to transfer all crypto the your bank of choice is what I'm reading.

GL to All.
    Worst decision. Coinbase would report their own mother to the IRS. I'd get rid of that card super fast.