Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Blockchain offers 4.5% Interest

EARN INTEREST

Deposit BTC And Watch It Grow

Hi there,

The Blockchain.com Wallet just got an upgrade with Interest Accounts. Log into the wallet and verify your identity to deposit bitcoin and earn up to 4.5% interest on an annualized basis without a maximum deposit cap — whether you deposit 0.1 BTC or 1000 BTC.

Minimum deposit is $300 worth of BTC but there’s no maximum limit to how much you can deposit. What are you waiting for?

Best,
    Team Blockchain.com

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Digital currencies are not bank deposits, are not legal tender, are not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to US Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or Securities Investor Protection Corporation or any other non-US governmental or government-backed protections.

Legislative and regulatory changes or actions at the US State, Federal, or international level may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of digital currencies.

© Blockchain.com

GB LTD
    86-90 Paul Street
    London
    EC2A 4NE

Click here to unsubscribe.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

can you convert the funds to USD to avoid volatility or it has to be in crypto (BTC, etc) at all times Optional?

TennisAceE
    TennisAceE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

No thanks.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

well if you can convert the BTC to dollars and park it there for 4.5% sounds great. Guessing thats not the case or else who wouldnt leave there.

cincy
    cincy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1224

I heard Blockchain increased their BTC interest rate to 6% in December. Can anyone confirm the current BTC interest rate offered by Blockchain?

Do you need to open an additional blockchain account to earn the interest or can I signup on Blockchain and earn interest on my BTC balance?

Do you have to agree to stake the BTC for a specific time period (like a bank CD) to earn interest or can you use you BTC whenever you want to?

Do they provide and 1099-INT tax statements if you do this?

I only have BTC for sportsbetting and do not trade BTC but I often have some BTC after I get my withdrawals when football ends since I will need the BTC to deposit when football starts. So it seems earning interest is better if I have BTC just sitting anyway.

Can someone also help me understand if there is risk that the place where I have my BTC goes out of business. Is this even possible? I though my BTC was owned by me in an open exchange so the real risk was currency fluctuation. I also see Crypto.com offers intertest for BTC and I have a Crypto.com account for their debit card. Is there more or less risk if I stored my BTC at Crypto.com to earn interest as opposed to Blockchain?

cincy

I created a blockchain account to earn interest but have been waiting 10 days for them to verify my identity and convert me to gold status so I can earn interest. It still shows under review. It only took Celsius an hour to verify identity. I wish there was a way to contact Blockchain and find out the status. Blockchain claims they pay 6% interest for bitcoin but this is useless if they don't verify the account. They do apparently send interest statements at year end that are used for tax purposes.

cincy

20 days and blockchain still has not verified identity so i can earn interest. NEXO has live chat and opens accounts immediately that you can earn interest with.

TennisAceE
    TennisAceE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

blockchain is a huge joke and any person using it should consider themselves warned