ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Gonna buy the nano s or x (or the dual pack).

Any reason why I shouldn't or should use something else (trezor, etc)?
    Last edited by ThaWoj; 11-07-20 at 09:38 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Don't think so

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19215

Use the S for less than 5 cryptos. Use the X for more than 5 cryptos.

One thing, you can set up 1 or more Ledgers with the same 24-word phrase. Just take the 24 word phrase from #1 and do a "restore" with it on #2. I've got two S's coded the same. Easier to remember login code. Or you can have both completely unique.

I've got most of my crypto out earning interest so the Ledgers aren't being used much these days. Still, I'm pretty sure I'll need them in the future....

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post

One thing, you can set up 1 or more Ledgers with the same 24-word phrase. Just take the 24 word phrase from #1 and do a "restore" with it on #2. I've got two S's coded the same. Easier to remember login code. Or you can have both completely unique.

I've got most of my crypto out earning interest so the Ledgers aren't being used much these days. Still, I'm pretty sure I'll need them in the future....
    What are you staking?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    What are you staking?
    Bitcoin, ETH, EOS, XRP, XLM, others.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

I thought the world of Ledger up until a few months ago. First of all, their wallets are secure, I own two Nano S’s and one Nano X. I’ve only had issues after they update the Ledger Live software and those are usually resolved fairly quickly. That being said, their customer database was breached a few months back and my information was exposed.
    https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-hardware-wallet-firm-ledger-hacked-one-million-customer-emails-exposed/ Now I’m receiving emails and texts that unless you look very very closely you would think they are from ledger but they are not. I caught it and ledger swears my hard wallets are secure but they can’t tell me if the credit card I used to pay for the wallets is compromised. Originally, I tried to pay for the wallets using Bitcoin but guess what, they do not accept Bitcoin. I’ve been going back and forth with support but their return time on emails is six days. My advice would be to pay for the wallets with a disposable credit card number, maybe even a temporary phone number too. There was no reason for them to need that information in the first place. Also remember, just because you buy the hard wallet from Ledger doesn’t mean you have to use their Ledger Live software, their hardware works with Electrum and others.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    I thought the world of Ledger up until a few months ago. First of all, their wallets are secure, I own two Nano S’s and one Nano X. I’ve only had issues after they update the Ledger Live software and those are usually resolved fairly quickly. That being said, their customer database was breached a few months back and my information was exposed.
    https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-hardware-wallet-firm-ledger-hacked-one-million-customer-emails-exposed/ Now I’m receiving emails and texts that unless you look very very closely you would think they are from ledger but they are not. I caught it and ledger swears my hard wallets are secure but they can’t tell me if the credit card I used to pay for the wallets is compromised. Originally, I tried to pay for the wallets using Bitcoin but guess what, they do not accept Bitcoin. I’ve been going back and forth with support but their return time on emails is six days. My advice would be to pay for the wallets with a disposable credit card number, maybe even a temporary phone number too. There was no reason for them to need that information in the first place. Also remember, just because you buy the hard wallet from Ledger doesn’t mean you have to use their Ledger Live software, their hardware works with Electrum and others.
    Yes, I have been receiving these phishing emails. The emails I received were titled "Your Ledger wallet may be compromised" and encouraging to update the Ledger Live software. When you clicked on the link in the email, you were taken to a website that looked like Ledger's website but if you looked closely at the address in the address bar, there was a small "e" with a dot above it (i.e. not a real "e").

So, beware. Anything you receive from any crypto website needs to be scrutinized before taking action. Be skeptical of all of it and any updates, downloads or changes need to be made at the verified website....

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, I have been receiving these phishing emails. The emails I received were titled "Your Ledger wallet may be compromised" and encouraging to update the Ledger Live software. When you clicked on the link in the email, you were taken to a website that looked like Ledger's website but if you looked closely at the address in the address bar, there was a small "e" with a dot above it (i.e. not a real "e").

So, beware. Anything you receive from any crypto website needs to be scrutinized before taking action. Be skeptical of all of it and any updates, downloads or changes need to be made at the verified website....
    Yep, same exact ones I received. They were probably the best phishing emails I've seen. It's also convincing when they have your Name, Address and phone number along with your email. I'm pissed at Ledger and I let them know about it. Not that they give a shit. If Equifax can get away with it then any company can.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I was also wondering about this. Similarly, if you thought that you wanted to move your crypto to the ngrave wallet (have you seen this?) ... you could just restore/self steal your crypto from the other wallet by providing your 24 word seed, right?

The collateral aspect of crypto is amazing right now, atta boy arky. What are you getting, 10% somewhere? Nice.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    I was also wondering about this. Similarly, if you thought that you wanted to move your crypto to the ngrave wallet (have you seen this?) ... you could just restore/self steal your crypto from the other wallet by providing your 24 word seed, right?

The collateral aspect of crypto is amazing right now, atta boy arky. What are you getting, 10% somewhere? Nice.
    Not familiar with ngrave. As to the other, yes, if you lose your ledger device, just buy a new one and restore it with the original 24 word phrase and you're back in business. So, it's absolutely essential not to lose the 24 word phrase. No problem if you lose your Ledger device or it gets damaged but big problems if you lose the 24 word phrase. One should make copies of the 24 word phrase and store them in different places or, another option - you may have seen these metal stencil sets where you can stamp your phrase into metal (fire proof)?

I found I could only get about 4 Ledger Live apps installed on one "S" sometimes 3 depending on the size of the app. So, I bought another "S", coded it just like the first one and keep about 3 apps on one and 3 apps on the other. Hope that makes sense.

As for staking, I'm using crypto.com and the Celsius wallet app. Crypto.com is good for staking CRO (10%) and BTC (6.5%). I think they also still have good rates for stablecoins (12% I believe). They have true staking where your coins are locked up for 1 month or 3 months (better rate for 3 months).

On the other hand, the Celsius wallet app has better rates for just about all the other alts. You don't have to stake with them. Simply move your crypto into their wallet and start earning. Interest is compounded - total contents of your wallet is calculated and paid out weekly on Mondays. Withdraw your crypto at any time. Takes KYC to get onboard, though. If interested, hit me up on PM/DM for a referral code and we both get $20 in BTC if you deposit more than $200 in crypto and hold it for a month.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

So the gyst of it is just be careful when you order the thing but once you get it it's fine

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    So the gyst of it is just be careful when you order the thing but once you get it it's fine
    Yes, order direct from Ledger.com and you shouldn't have any problems.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

BTC is holding solid. I am loving it. When Trump proves the fraud, bitcoin goes higher.

Optional

BTC is holding solid. I am loving it. When Trump proves the fraud, bitcoin goes higher.
    I believe it will do similar whoever is president myself. It's more dependent on the world getting past covid I think.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

So it rises with markets, then, Opti?

Optional

So it rises with markets, then, Opti?
    Yes. I suspect it will go back to the pre covid correlation as the world economies improve.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Yes, order direct from Ledger.com and you shouldn't have any problems.
    Ledger also has an official store on Amazon, thats where i ordered mine

When you set it up, it goes thru an authentication check as well.

Love ledger

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO

FYI, another scam email from the ledger hackers. Subject is : You just sent 0.0199174 ВТС (0/34 confirmations).
    comes from a “ledger” look alike email address with your name in it. Looks like the embedded links are already disabled. I knew this one was a scam almost immediately but just a heads up.