Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Stimulus impact on ctypto prices

The U.S. government is sending $600 direct payments to most taxpayers. Many need this money for simple existence and will spend it on necessities. Some who have jobs or are retired don't really need the money, and will spend it on other things. But others will save/invest their gifted money. Of these, no doubt many will invest in bitcoins or other crypto related products. My guess is that at least 1% of the people getting the $600 will buy cryptos. That would inject roughly $1 billion in the market and no doubt increase demand for a relatively finite resource. Hence the price goes up. So what do you think?
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave Bsims 480 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

I don't think it makes any difference although it's impossible to judge if it helps or not. If it were $2000, I'd put more thought into it.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 01-03-21 at 01:45 PM.

Bsims

I have another question. Let's say a friend comes to you and wants to buy some bitcoins. But you aren't confident they could handles bitcoin exchanges and wallets. Is there a decent place for them to invest?

Bsims

I have another question. Let's say a friend comes to you and wants to buy some bitcoins. But you aren't confident they could handles bitcoin exchanges and wallets. Is there a decent place for them to invest that is easy and safe?

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    I have another question. Let's say a friend comes to you and wants to buy some bitcoins. But you aren't confident they could handles bitcoin exchanges and wallets. Is there a decent place for them to invest?
    Robinhood.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

PayPal

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    PayPal
    One reason I like Robinhood is that you can also buy stocks.
    Points Awarded:

Roscoe_Word gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bsims

The U.S. government is sending $600 direct payments to most taxpayers. Many need this money for simple existence and will spend it on necessities. Some who have jobs or are retired don't really need the money, and will spend it on other things. But others will save/invest their gifted money. Of these, no doubt many will invest in bitcoins or other crypto related products. My guess is that at least 1% of the people getting the $600 will buy cryptos. That would inject roughly $1 billion in the market and no doubt increase demand for a relatively finite resource. Hence the price goes up. So what do you think?
    Looks like the $1400 stimulus money from the U.S. federal government is getting closer to happening. Can only help the bitcoin price.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Looks like the $1400 stimulus money from the U.S. federal government is getting closer to happening. Can only help the bitcoin price.
    The only people buying bitcoin with their stimulus checks are people on this forum. Most will use it for rent/food.