ATC727
    ATC727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

BitPay ATM Card

Anyone else having issues since they issued a card without the security chip getting money out?

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

What do you mean? Mine has never had a chip.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Quote Originally Posted by ATC727 View Post
    Anyone else having issues since they issued a card without the security chip getting money out?
    Some ATM won't work. Most do.

ATC727
    ATC727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Yeah that’s what I realized. It does work stills just must have caught a bad one.

No issues and love this card!!!!!reminds me back in the days of poker stars if anyone remembers that. But I lost there mostly, and a different story.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by ATC727 View Post
    Yeah that’s what I realized. It does work stills just must have caught a bad one.

No issues and love this card!!!!!reminds me back in the days of poker stars if anyone remembers that. But I lost there mostly, and a different story.
    I misutnderstood your initial post. I thought you were saying BitPay used to have a chip. Are you familiar with the ACH transfer option? It’s slower than ATM - takes a couple of days - but it has higher limits and is therefore a cheaper option for converting your BitPay balance to cash.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

The new one they've been teasing for about a month will have an EMV chip.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    The new one they've been teasing for about a month will have an EMV chip.
    I wonder why it took them so long to update to the chip? All of my other bank cards and cred cards have had the chip for many months, some years now. It's almost like they waited until the processors told them they had to convert to switch. I'm assuming that at some point any card without a chip will just stop working right? Of all my cards, bitpay is the only one that doesn't have a chip. Just seems like common sense since it's more secure.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    I wonder why it took them so long to update to the chip? All of my other bank cards and cred cards have had the chip for many months, some years now. It's almost like they waited until the processors told them they had to convert to switch. I'm assuming that at some point any card without a chip will just stop working right? Of all my cards, bitpay is the only one that doesn't have a chip. Just seems like common sense since it's more secure.

Its a pre paid card....My other pre paid Blue Bird doesn't have either. It has been working fine and when things work good I am happy. I know that getting new cards once they expire can be a challenge so based on that roll out I would assume will have hiccups

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

anyone know what atm network they are using that won't charge a merchant fee?

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

I just called customer service they said they're not part of an ATM network and most ATMs are going to charge you a merchant fee to use the card.

Lame