playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

OK, I had a bitcoin account about 4 years ago but no longer have it, What do I need?

What do I need to do to set one up? I know that i need some middle blockchain site. I had one before, but i cant even remember what it was.

So I won a cash prize in the BTP contest. What do I need to do to get paid? I sort of wish that they could pay in some sort of betpoints worth the $70 that i won

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Open a wallet at blockchain.com/wallet

Click Bitcoin in the left side menu to make sure you are in the bitcoin wallet.

Click receive.

Copy the supplied wallet address and give it to SBR.

Once you receive it, go to one of your books that takes bitcoin and deposit it.

Then withdraw however you normally like to when ready.

I'd say that will be the simplest way if you dont want to start using bitcoin more regualarly.

brian311
    brian311's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29775

can you withdraw btc to usd from blockchain straight to bank account?

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10149

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Open a wallet at blockchain.com/wallet

Click Bitcoin in the left side menu to make sure you are in the bitcoin wallet.

Click receive.

Copy the supplied wallet address and give it to SBR.

Once you receive it, go to one of your books that takes bitcoin and deposit it.

Then withdraw however you normally like to when ready.

I'd say that will be the simplest way if you dont want to start using bitcoin more regualarly.
    Will it work with a phone app also? setup looked a little different....or do you need to have a computer? Thanks!

sunshine11
    sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

I opened a wallet like you said at blockchain.com. I live in WA. it says I can't buy or sell BTC. I do have coinbase. So if I win let's say $500. I withdraw to my wallet first? Than transfer to my coinbase account? Is this right?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

I'm sure you will figure it out you fat piece of garbage. After all, you were chasing yisman around the forums for $2 a few months ago, God knows what you would do for $70.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by brian311 View Post
    can you withdraw btc to usd from blockchain straight to bank account?
    They offer a third party service that can do that but as Sunshine mentioned, it's not available everywhere.

The "easiest" places to cash out to a bank account are gemini.com and coinbase.com

Don't forget you can also walk up to a bitcoin ATM with the blockchain app on your phone, scan a code, and get cash that way. It costs ~8% though.

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    Will it work with a phone app also? setup looked a little different....or do you need to have a computer? Thanks!
    Yes, blockchain has a phone app. You can access the same wallet from both phone and computer.

Most people choose either Airbitz or Mycellium phone app wallets as an alternative.

It doesnt matter what you choose, whichever seems easier to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine11 View Post
    I opened a wallet like you said at blockchain.com. I live in WA. it says I can't buy or sell BTC. I do have coinbase. So if I win let's say $500. I withdraw to my wallet first? Than transfer to my coinbase account? Is this right?
    It's fine to have SBR send your contest winnings direct to your Coinbase account.
    Points Awarded:

batt33 gave Optional 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Optional..........in order to use BitPay, do you need the Card, or can you just send from Blockchain to BitPay to Bank Account?

Thanks

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Optional..........in order to use BitPay, do you need the Card, or can you just send from Blockchain to BitPay to Bank Account?

Thanks
    You have to use the card.

And there is no option to transfer cash direct to a bank account.

The popular way is to buy money orders at Walmart and deposit those in your bank.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They offer a third party service that can do that but as Sunshine mentioned, it's not available everywhere.

The "easiest" places to cash out to a bank account are gemini.com and coinbase.com

Don't forget you can also walk up to a bitcoin ATM with the blockchain app on your phone, scan a code, and get cash that way. It costs ~8% though.

Yes, blockchain has a phone app. You can access the same wallet from both phone and computer.

Most people choose either Airbitz or Mycellium phone app wallets as an alternative.

It doesnt matter what you choose, whichever seems easier to you.

It's fine to have SBR send your contest winnings direct to your Coinbase account.
    Thanks again optional! appreciate the patience!
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave batt33 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks again Optional!
    Did a bitcoin gift card from the SBR store this morning.....bitcoin already deposited... Stayed with blockchain for now until I figure out/get comfortable with the bitcoin stuff
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave batt33 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brian311
    brian311's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29775

Thanks Optional for the response.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave brian311 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

bump for hart