BM1105
    BM1105's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

NITROGEN SPORTS account frozen after withdrawal request??

Yesterday I made a withdrawal request on the Nitrogen Sports website and I was met with an account freeze and security investigation. It was stated that my account information overlapped with another account in which I did not create or have any knowledge of its existence. I do not play eSports, Poker, or participate in any Promotions on the site so I'm extremely dumbfounded by why my account was flagged. I have lost alot of money on the site and only recently did I get on a small run where I can make a withdrawal, only to be met with this account freeze.

I wanted to bring this up to the forum and get a feel for if anyone else has gone thru this with Nitrogen and what I can expect in terms of a timeline on them realizing I have only one account. I like Nitrogen and never had any issues prior to this but it definitely causes me alarm that they froze my account after I requested a withdrawal that I worked hard to accomplish.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Could be an IP issue..mine was frozen for that as I travel for work plus use vpn at times when I have AC88 up...they asked for my home ip and it was cleared up same day...Nitrogen doesn’t just randomly freeze accounts so something triggered this....it sucks waiting but give it a few days...I would message them maybe every 12 hours or so for update...

NYproGambler
    NYproGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

this happened to me before... two days after their investigation, they unfroze my account... however, I had to put my email address and set up a 2 factor thing before they could unfroze my account...

ichiro4thehall
    ichiro4thehall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 790

This is worrying these now common account freezes. The phrase 'information overlap' is even more worrying if that is an accurate quote from Nitroogen.

Let's pretend Billy Walters has a Nitrogen account with a large balance. Some guy decides to open an anoynymous account and uses the name Billy Walters, says he's from Vegas and uses some made up bwalters gmail email address. Is this enough for an 'information overlap' and to freeze Billy Walters real account?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by ichiro4thehall View Post
    This is worrying these now common account freezes. The phrase 'information overlap' is even more worrying if that is an accurate quote from Nitroogen.

Let's pretend Billy Walters has a Nitrogen account with a large balance. Some guy decides to open an anoynymous account and uses the name Billy Walters, says he's from Vegas and uses some made up bwalters gmail email address. Is this enough for an 'information overlap' and to freeze Billy Walters real account?
    Investigations are fine. Good for our account security as well.

As long as they treat people fairly, which seems to be the case.

ichiro4thehall
    ichiro4thehall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 790

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Investigations are fine. Good for our account security as well.

As long as they treat people fairly, which seems to be the case.

Agreed. However, if they are extremely loose or general about what constitutes an information overlap then the Jimmy Smith's of the world are going to have their accounts frozen more than they are open. Not to mention the potential this opens up for others to try to sabotage accounts.
    Last edited by ichiro4thehall; 01-04-19 at 11:22 AM.

spicy_goals
    spicy_goals's Avatar Become A Pro!

nitro doesn't freeze for no reason