dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Best exchange for cryptocurrency for US residents?

Have small amount of cryptocurrency at bitstamp but the fees are atrocious. Buying one bitcoin you pay almost $500 in fees

What are the safest exchanges for crypto with the lowest fees right now? Trying to google it is worthless, in the first list I saw coinbase at the top so I know that isn't accurate

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Sbrforum.com
    Points Awarded:

SBR Forum gave RudyRuetigger 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

i use gemini and its fee is .25% base and i think you can get it lowered if you sell and buy at certain percentages of each other.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

$500 fee that seems excessive

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s a maze
    Coinbase
    Keep it safe

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

What are you trying to do? If you have a Coinbase account then you are registered at GDAX. Buy/sell @ GDAX, if you make the market there's no fee. Otherwise fee is much smaller than Coinbase.

https://www.gdax.com/fees/BTC-USD

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

Gemini. Much better fees than coinbase.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Have small amount of cryptocurrency at bitstamp but the fees are atrocious. Buying one bitcoin you pay almost $500 in fees

What are the safest exchanges for crypto with the lowest fees right now? Trying to google it is worthless, in the first list I saw coinbase at the top so I know that isn't accurate
    open a coinbase account, deposit usd, send it to GDAX (Coinbases trading platform (same login and password)). The Fee to buy at market price is .0.25% and there is no fee if you set a limit buy because you'd be making the market. Thats usually what I do, haven't paid a fee in a while.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    open a coinbase account, deposit usd, send it to GDAX (Coinbases trading platform (same login and password)). The Fee to buy at market price is .0.25% and there is no fee if you set a limit buy because you'd be making the market. Thats usually what I do, haven't paid a fee in a while.
    ok thanks

I already have a coinbase. Sent about 5 bitcoin through there earlier this year that I lost at the books I sent to, but I'm sure there are guys here with some true horror stories

I realized I may have had some balances on accounts I hadn't been to for awhile so I decided to log in to all of them which I hadn't done for awhile. Turns out I had some leftovers from early this year on my blockchain account that I didn't bother with. It's worth over $500 now