MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

How to Avoid Delays in Bitcoin Transaction Today

The bitcoin civil war between supporters of Bitcoin Unlimited, who feel betrayed by having our B2X coin "postponed," and bitcoin core, who seem to want to consign BTC to the dustbin of history, has reignited this week.

This has resulted in pretty much every BU aligned mining pools abandoning BTC for the only remaining BU-inspired coin in existence: bitcoin cash (BCash or BCH or BCC). These defections have made what were already huge fees and waiting times for BTC even larger (SegWit can handle it alone, my ass).

So, the only way to avoid big delays when sending BTC anywhere today is to include fees of at least $10 and, to be safe, I'd go with $12 - $15 (so, say, .0015 to .00225 BTC in fees).

These are the highest fees and wait times have ever been. Nice work, core! Enjoy your 'victory'.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Yeah this is horrible. I've been waiting 2 days for a deposit to get confirmed at a book so I could bet the games today. I just had to go to the store and send an old fashioned money transfer. And the fees were cheaper than bitcoin and the money hit my account in 10 minutes. I am done with bitcoin. It was great while it lasted.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I would also avoid localbitcoins now. I bought some there earlier today and transferred some to a book. The transfer has been pending for 5 hours. It hasn't even been sent to the blockchain yet. Normally transfers are sent out instantly.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I would also avoid localbitcoins now. I bought some there earlier today and transferred some to a book. The transfer has been pending for 5 hours. It hasn't even been sent to the blockchain yet. Normally transfers are sent out instantly.
    Howdy, Mike. Are you also Mike78 in Nitro chat? I thought I maybe saw a post by that handle this morning?

Totally agree on localbitcoins: avoid them unless absolutely necessary. Their exchange rates screw you and about 10% of the sellers are pure rip off artists trying to scam everyone they meet.