Eric22174
    Eric22174's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3599

Anybody hear the same? Or at least read that it's being kicked around. Several people have received phone calls in regards to the transactions. They asked me about Coinmama and I told the security department it was just a digital currency Bitcoin. He was satisfied but told me the system flagged it as a gambling site. Also, I'm charged a international fee everything I purchase at Coinbase is that normal although based out of San Fran?

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I’d be careful with them...there was a company Called ChangeTip that I would buy small amounts btc from But they closed down...they too had a San Francisco adresss but used a credit card processing from Canada and Ireland...I got hit with international fees and tried to complain to them but got nowhere..maybe affiliated ..that’s why it’s flagged as charges are international..nothing to do with btc

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Eric22174 View Post
    Anybody hear the same? Or at least read that it's being kicked around. Several people have received phone calls in regards to the transactions. They asked me about Coinmama and I told the security department it was just a digital currency Bitcoin. He was satisfied but told me the system flagged it as a gambling site. Also, I'm charged a international fee everything I purchase at Coinbase is that normal although based out of San Fran?

Coinbase uses international processors. Every bnk will charge a 3% international fee. It's not just PNC.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by Eric22174 View Post
    I don't use Coinbase, but my understanding is ACH deposits are free.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    I don't use Coinbase, but my understanding is ACH deposits are free.
    OP might be referring to using his deb crd for instant coins at Coinbase? Not 100% sure. But it sounds like it. But I agree... if he was waiting 5 days for coins to clear... ACH is Free.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I have no problems and use Gemini and Coinbase with them for years so sounds like FUD to me. I did get some phone calls back in the day cashing Canadian checks asking where they came from ect. all the way from corporate headwaters. And no international fees for me at coinbase but I haven't wasted money on their fees in months, Gemini is cheaper and when I use coinbase I do it with no fees, deposit funds wait for funds to clear then use GDAX. I guess you should stock up on Bitcoin so you don't have to pay fees get it in a hurry...and PNC isn't best bank but they aren't banning Bitcoin lol

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I know banks do not like bitcoin and are very suspicious with bitcoin transactions. I think its because they know bitcoin is used for all sorts of illegal activities. My banks used to question me all the time about my bitcoin transactions. That is why I do not use any of them for bitcoin anymore.