chalutes84
    chalutes84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

coinbase trust issues

I previosly used Circle to buy/sell bitcoin, very easy to use. Can I trust Coinbase if they dont offer a way to contact them directly with issues their data base doesnt cover ie bank acct. changes and credit card fees? Would really appreciate any input.

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

They are legit

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

No you can't trust them at all. I have been locked out of my account for a year and a half and customer service will not respond. If you ever have an issue with them you are fukked.

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Is there anyway to set your funds aside without withdrawing to your checking account at coinbase? (You know when bitcoin is going down)

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

Quote Originally Posted by bonz View Post
    Is there anyway to set your funds aside without withdrawing to your checking account at coinbase? (You know when bitcoin is going down)
    You can set up USD wallet. Then cashout to USD wallet. You need to give them more information for a USD wallet, including reasons for buying bitcoin and source of income.
    Last edited by Waterstpub87; 10-19-17 at 10:23 PM.

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Thanks Waterstpub

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

When it runs smooth they are great but you have a legit concern with their customer service when something goes bad.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    When it runs smooth they are great but you have a legit concern with their customer service when something goes bad.
    This. As long as you don't run into a problem trying to setup an account or buy/sell bitcoin, it's good; but best of luck to you if you have a problem that you can't troubleshoot and requires support since their CS is severely lacking.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

If you want to use a card for instant buys there is not a lot of alternatives to Coinbase unless you are also prepared to pay big fees.

But if you are happy to wait for ACH deposits to clear then Gemini.com has a similar service for lower fees and not so many bad reports about CS.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

I would not go to coinbase at all. Those fuks have a customer service number that I have called about 10 times. Around the 45 minute mark it disconnects you. It has been over 4 months and I still don’t have access to my account.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If you want to use a card for instant buys there is not a lot of alternatives to Coinbase unless you are also prepared to pay big fees.

But if you are happy to wait for ACH deposits to clear then Gemini.com has a similar service for lower fees and not so many bad reports about CS.
    this

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Gemini so much better then Coinbase. Lower fess and you get funds transferred to your bank overnight instead of 2+ days with Coinbase. Only bad thing is no instant buys. But Coinbase instant buys are costly anyways with the additional international transaction fee your bank will charge since they will process it from the UK.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    No you can't trust them at all. I have been locked out of my account for a year and a half and customer service will not respond. If you ever have an issue with them you are fukked.
    Hey, Mike, that's a 2FA thing, right? I don't know how they managed it, but I know I've heard (nightmare) stories of other people whose phones blew up / got stolen / whatever and they were eventually able to get back into their CB accts.

I can't promise it'll work cuz some posters are jerks, but ignore everyone who whines you're off topic and try a thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Gemini so much better then Coinbase. Lower fess and you get funds transferred to your bank overnight instead of 2+ days with Coinbase. Only bad thing is no instant buys. But Coinbase instant buys are costly anyways with the additional international transaction fee your bank will charge since they will process it from the UK.
    Gemini is NY state regulated and is owned by the Winklevoss twins.
    Full compliance with Federal authorities and the wishes of billionaires
    over small players would be expected. Coinbase is also Fed manged operation.
    If these things don't bother you, that's fine.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Gemini is NY state regulated and is owned by the Winklevoss twins.
    Full compliance with Federal authorities and the wishes of billionaires
    over small players would be expected. Coinbase is also Fed manged operation.
    If these things don't bother you, that's fine.
    That, plus the fact that CB is the direct defendant in a lawsuit by the IRS suing for its clients trading records, to make sure they're all paying proper taxes on their crypto profits.

I'll never understand why nobody at SBR is afraid of that. Heh, and it's not because everybody here is paying taxes on their crypto profits. In that lawsuit, the IRS asserts that only 800 Americans paid taxes on bitcoin profits in 2015 -- 800 out of the however many million of us own, and therefore profited on, crypto.