themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Bitcoin fees

Lately I have been using the minimum send fee of .0001 and my transactions are getting confirmed in about 5 minutes. The longest I waited was a half hour which is fine. Am I just getting lucky or will this continue? I do about 15 transactions a day and those high fees really add up. But what's the point if the minimum fee works just as good?

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Blockchain had regular send aprox 1 hr delivery as 5 cents US earlier....over weekend did one with that fee and took 3 hours so no bad...im sick of sending w. $2 plus fees !

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9300

If bitcoin is going to going to go mainstream fees will have to be in the cents rather than dollars. As sometimes you need to buy stuff with cash that is less than a few dollars and that is the position bitcoin is trying to fill.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

playing around i just set blockchain wallet to send $1 it shows 8 cents fee reg 1+ hrs and 59 cents for less the 60 min priority ...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If bitcoin is going to going to go mainstream fees will have to be in the cents rather than dollars. As sometimes you need to buy stuff with cash that is less than a few dollars and that is the position bitcoin is trying to fill.
    Yeah it seems most people are using Bitcoin as an investment opportunity rather than using it to buy goods. I would love it for it to me more of a way to move money and buying things.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Just sent someone Low 4 figures on Monday and the person didn't need it that quickly... I was just jerking around... so I typed the processing fee for $0.03

Was confirmed in exactly 13 minutes.

Unreal.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Lately I have been using the minimum send fee of .0001 and my transactions are getting confirmed in about 5 minutes. The longest I waited was a half hour which is fine. Am I just getting lucky or will this continue? I do about 15 transactions a day and those high fees really add up. But what's the point if the minimum fee works just as good?
    Fees are down because SegWit activated late last month and to everyone's joy, it works.

The only limiting factor is the sending node and receiving node have to have been upgraded for SegWit (something like 60% have been, and that number's growing every day).