big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Bitcoin still taking forever?

I bransferred BTC from Coinbase to Blockchain almost 3 hours ago and it's still pending. Thought these problems were resolved after they did the fork? I miss the good ole days when they were instant!

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15427

I tried sending around .25 BTC from my wallet to coinbase 3 days ago and still haven't seen the money. The funds were pending on coinbase but have since disappeared and haven't been credited back to my blockchain wallet (still says pending). This is the first time this has happened. I though once it was dropped from the memory pool it would be returned back to the original wallet. Anybody have any knowledge of where my BTC is?

https://blockchain.info/tx/45e523055...1cdc3bd8998227
    Last edited by unlearn; 08-26-17 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added hash

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I bransferred BTC from Coinbase to Blockchain almost 3 hours ago and it's still pending. Thought these problems were resolved after they did the fork? I miss the good ole days when they were instant!
    I thought they would be too but so far delays are longer and fees are higher.

I sent bitcoin to betonline earlier. Took about 3 hours.

I hope you used a good size fee. Approaching $5 is required right now for even a regular size transaction (byte size wise)

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Such a pain in the dick to gamble these days. Hell, I can't even even get into my BTC account. Shit is a joke. Legalize the shit. Maybe after our time. Vegas would be sand if they didn't legalize it there. How about an east coast city. NJ needs to get it done.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    I tried sending around .25 BTC from my wallet to coinbase 3 days ago and still haven't seen the money. The funds were pending on coinbase but have since disappeared and haven't been credited back to my blockchain wallet (still says pending). This is the first time this has happened. I though once it was dropped from the memory pool it would be returned back to the original wallet. Anybody have any knowledge of where my BTC is?

https://blockchain.info/tx/45e523055...1cdc3bd8998227
    The 63 cent fee is what is holding it up.

But as it is still visible there, your bitcoin has not disappeared. Not sure when it will come back or be confirmed or quite what you can do though. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Such a pain in the dick to gamble these days. Hell, I can't even even get into my BTC account. Shit is a joke. Legalize the shit. Maybe after our time. Vegas would be sand if they didn't legalize it there. How about an east coast city. NJ needs to get it done.
    It is legal.

Coinbase, Gemini etc are all legally licensed.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Just talking gambling in general. So I don't have to jump through hoops, and still can't get money in.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Cuse0323 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15427

Thanks for your replay Optional.

No way to add to the fee once it is submitted then? I never had to wait more than 6-8 hours before with the cheap fees now I'm approaching 60 hours. That's what I get for trying to save a few bucks on a 1k transaction I suppose

Looking at the bright side, BTC has gone up about $30 since I sent the funds.

big joe 1212

I just used the regular fee. Looks like I'll be waiting a long time. Hope I hit the early MLB games or I'll be out of action for college football and the fights tonight.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    Thanks for your replay Optional.

No way to add to the fee once it is submitted then? I never had to wait more than 6-8 hours before with the cheap fees now I'm approaching 60 hours. That's what I get for trying to save a few bucks on a 1k transaction I suppose

Looking at the bright side, BTC has gone up about $30 since I sent the funds.
    I don't think you can do anything once it has been picked up

Fingers crossed it's still up when you finally get your hands on it!

I've always used low fees and not had bad delays too. Network isn't working like that today though.

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I just used the regular fee. Looks like I'll be waiting a long time. Hope I hit the early MLB games or I'll be out of action for college football and the fights tonight.
    You can check the current optimal fee here fro next time https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

It will also give you an idea how long this one will take if you check the Fee Per Byte used and compare it to the list there.
    Points Awarded:

unlearn gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

big joe 1212

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't think you can do anything once it has been picked up

Fingers crossed it's still up when you finally get your hands on it!

I've always used low fees and not had bad delays too. Network isn't working like that today though.

You can check the current optimal fee here fro next time https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

It will also give you an idea how long this one will take if you check the Fee Per Byte used and compare it to the list there.
    Thanks for the info

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I thought they would be too but so far delays are longer and fees are higher.

I sent bitcoin to betonline earlier. Took about 3 hours.

I hope you used a good size fee. Approaching $5 is required right now for even a regular size transaction (byte size wise)
    The transfer fees are absurd now and it's delayed.. Bitcoin is becoming a joke..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-26-17 at 12:20 PM.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679