wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Help with Blockchain

I tried using bitcoin today for the first time and I may have screwed up. I set up with Coinbase and bought $100 worth of bitcoin. I logged into Blockchain to submit a request for the exchange. I selected "request" from the menu on Blockchain and a window popped and it listed a "copy and share address". I copied that address and put it into the address bar on coinbase and went through with the transaction. However I clicked back on to blockchain and saw that I still had to put an amount in and when I put the amount in I selected "Next". It then gave me an address that had more info at the beginning preceding the numbers. I'm thinking that was the address I was supposed to give coinbase. Have I screwed up? Just don't understand why blockchain would give you that address on the initial screen if it was of no use.

wufpakman21

Maybe I should just post the address here and you experts can tell me if it looks like a legit bitcoin address. I've changed a few of the numbers for security purposes but the total of numbers and digits is the same. Does this look like I did right?

14t9HZYPHPbTrJ8I9XCswZ4pexTzLJutsF

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9300

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    Maybe I should just post the address here and you experts can tell me if it looks like a legit bitcoin address. I've changed a few of the numbers for security purposes but the total of numbers and digits is the same. Does this look like I did right?

14t9HZYPHPbTrJ8I9XCswZ4pexTzLJutsF
    No that does not come up as a valid address if you search for it on the blockchain: https://blockchain.info/search?searc...wZ4pexTzLJutsF

You just need to click "Receive" inside your blockchain.info/wallet and copy the address given there. No need to fill in anything or make a request. That is for sending out invoices to people I think.

Then go to Coinbase and use that address in the send box.

Thats it.

And dont worry, if you sent to an invalid address you wont lose anything.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9300

No point in changing numbers if you want us to check the address.... we cant if you change even 1

wufpakman21

Evidently what I did was correct. It finally cleared after an hour and a half. Thanks for the help.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave wufpakman21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.