Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Coinbase problem

I changed internet providers so Coinbase did not recognize my computers. They claimed to send an Email to authorize my devices. I never received any of these. This started 2 weeks ago. I have sent 2 Emails to there support staff in the past week and have received automated responses indicating they received my Emails. However no one has answered either or made changes that would allow me to authorize my devices. I suspect it's time to change platforms.

1. Does anyone have suggestions for a better exchange?

2. Is there anyway I can get my money back from them that I left in my wallet?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

They are the worst. They take at least a month to reply to emails. When they do it's a useless response. I have not been able to log into my account for 8 months because I changed my phone number. That authy app crap does not work with my phone therefore my coinbase account is useless now. Customer service won't even help me. A joke of a company. I hope they go out of business.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

agree about the authy app and coinbase,i can't use authy with them for months and coinbase is clueless as why

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Have a look at Gemini.com Bsims.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I finally got a response from Coinbase.

"Previous attempts to email you were blocked by your email provider. This resulted in us placing a blockage on future attempts to email you. This is necessary in order to keep our mail servers from being placed on spam blacklists.

I have removed the block from your email address, so future attempts to email you will be sent as normal. Please be sure to add contact@coinbase.com and no-reply@coinbase.com to your address book whitelist to ensure the sent emails are received successfully."

I was able to authorize my device and successfully logon to Coinbase this morning (Email arrived).

This weekend I did sign up with Blockchain and Kraken. I found the Kraken process cumbersome and still haven't completed the necessary level of verification that I need. So, I'll fall back to Coinbase for the moment. But I will take a look at Gemini for future reference.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Bsims 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

So i just created an account at coinbase but did not buy bitcoin yet. I signed up at my girlfriends place so the isp will be different when i go home. Will that be any problem? I'm wanting to try nitrogen. Additionally, i'll need blockchain or airbitz? Any preference, direction, and any info is greatly appreciated.

mandy2424
    mandy2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

I created my coinbase last night-made a withdrawal to blockchain today-transferred to coinbase but it's still showing pending after 7hrs. Is this normal-this is my first ever Bitcoin with drawl so feeling kinda nervoussssss right now.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by mandy2424 View Post
    I created my coinbase last night-made a withdrawal to blockchain today-transferred to coinbase but it's still showing pending after 7hrs. Is this normal-this is my first ever Bitcoin with drawl so feeling kinda nervoussssss right now.
    Post the transaction from blockchain. But you can be 99.99999% sure that there is no problem.

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

Quote Originally Posted by snider View Post
    So i just created an account at coinbase but did not buy bitcoin yet. I signed up at my girlfriends place so the isp will be different when i go home. Will that be any problem? I'm wanting to try nitrogen. Additionally, i'll need blockchain or airbitz? Any preference, direction, and any info is greatly appreciated.
    Bro you can get N2O at your local headshop even amazon....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipped-cream_charger

Unless you're trying to get a whole tank. Then you need to contact the Nitrous Mafia.
    Last edited by las8; 03-29-17 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added quote