how correct/right do you think this is?

http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/02/bit...volatile-euro/

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbilll007 View Post
    how correct/right do you think this is?

http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/02/bit...volatile-euro/
    I think they are cherry picking stats from a period where the % volatility looks less than the Euro.

And bear in mind the Euro may have been the most volatile major currency in recent times too.

But in general I do agree that the volatility is an over blown issue. I think mainly because many Americans have never had reason to deal with currency exchange issues in the past so are not used to the premium.

Whilst the value is so high a 1% swing = $13 change in the raw value too.

To equal the 4-5% it usually costs to convert currencies with the regular banking system you'd need to see a drop in value of 50-60 dollars suddenly right now.
    Last edited by Optional; 03-03-17 at 06:39 AM.

bigbadbilll007
    bigbadbilll007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think they are cherry picking stats from a period where the % volatility looks less than the Euro.

And bear in mind the Euro may have been the most volatile major currency in recent times too.

But in general I do agree that the volatility is an over blown issue. I think mainly because many Americans have never had reason to deal with currency exchange issues in the past so are not used to the premium.

Whilst the value is so high a 1% swing = $13 change in the raw value too.

To equal the 4-5% it usually costs to convert currencies with the regular banking system you'd need to see a drop in value of 50-60 dollars suddenly right now.
    thank you. i was thinking what you said on first line