Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol fyi bovada bitcoin withdrawal...

they took three days to tell me this...

Upon review of your recent withdrawal request #xxxxxxxx, we've determined that the Bitcoin address you've provided us has been used for previous transactions.

Because your privacy is important to us, we're unable to send withdrawals to addresses that have been used in the past. As such, your withdrawal request has been cancelled. At your earliest convenience please generate a new receiving address and resubmit your request.

If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Bovada Customer Service

what bullshit is this you have to use different address every time?

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Probably trying to keep their transactions from getting traced and then having customers banned from using bitcoin.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

why not just have it on faq or tell me in a day? why take 3 days to tell me this? it's their antics like this that makes me not want to play there. luckily for me, i ran up my initial deposit when they offered that bitcoin bonus but never depositing at this crap book again. unless they offer another 50% bonus.

Jliao4
    Jliao4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

You're angry they told you this instead of letting you go through with it and having coinbase or whatever exchange you use block you? Okay... The reason they don't have it in a FAQ is b/c Bitcoin is very new even to them, therefore alot of these things they are learning on the go, such as the fact that coinbase and others will track down deposits and withdrawals from Gambling websites.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

lol 20 posts. hey rookie. stfu.

mg63
    mg63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

take it easy Kahn

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

another note, is there a way to create a new address for airbitz without having to create a new wallet? i don't want to create 10 different wallets for every withdrawal.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm with you on this Kahn.

"Stall Tactic"

Another bubble gum shop

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    another note, is there a way to create a new address for airbitz without having to create a new wallet? i don't want to create 10 different wallets for every withdrawal.
    Why are you going from Bovada straight to Airbitz?

If you go through Blockchain... from what people have said... you can change the address several times.

Then go Blockchain to Airbitz.

Buffalo Nickle

why not just have it on faq or tell me in a day? why take 3 days to tell me this? it's their antics like this that makes me not want to play there. luckily for me, i ran up my initial deposit when they offered that bitcoin bonus but never depositing at this crap book again. unless they offer another 50% bonus.
    Not sure it is a great idea to put it in the FAQS on their site. That is making their methods a little too obvious. Probably took three days because they took a while to process your request. I believe their general timeframe is 72 hours and they've had some backup recently due to CC issues. Doesn't seem like too big a deal.

I'd trade you for the $45 dollar I got charged with my Bovada check when the bank I used ran it through Chase. They payout went off without a hitch but that was a nasty surprise.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    I'd trade you for the $45 dollar I got charged with my Bovada check when the bank I used ran it through Chase. They payout went off without a hitch but that was a nasty surprise.
    Why did you get charged $45 for?

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Why did you get charged $45 for?
    The bank I used could not clear a Canadian check so they deposited to their account with Chase and I got hit for Chase's foreign check fee. Could have deposited it with Chase myself. Live and learn.

Jliao4
    Jliao4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

You'd be better served by using a deterministic bitcoin wallet that way the wallet will automatically generate a new address for each transaction and you don't have to keep track of anything except for the initial wallet seed. Two of the most popular wallets currently available are deterministic. This is of course referring to Mycelium on Android and Elctrum on Windows. I personally recommend Mycelium much more secure if you're not tech savvy and well versed in op-sec.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

thanks, the thing that pisses me off about bovada is they're so inconsistent. the first bitcoin withdrawal took over 72 hours, 2nd one took less than 48, now the 3rd one they're saying i need to use a different address and it took them over 48 hours to tell me this?

books like 5dimes or heritage would've told me in less than 24 hours. plus, they're limiting me further in the sports book so i'm cashing everything out.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Not sure it is a great idea to put it in the FAQS on their site. That is making their methods a little too obvious. Probably took three days because they took a while to process your request. I believe their general timeframe is 72 hours and they've had some backup recently due to CC issues. Doesn't seem like too big a deal.

that sucks. you might want to get a new bank account. it's ridiculous your bank can't even cash a check that's funded in us dollars.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

One wallet can have unlimited addresses. Use blockchain.info and don't send funds from coinbase to any bookie directly. I'd make a habit of always sending coins from your blockchain.info wallet in general actually.

edit airbitz will be the same way. Easy to make new addresses.

TheMoneyShot

The bank I used could not clear a Canadian check so they deposited to their account with Chase and I got hit for Chase's foreign check fee. Could have deposited it with Chase myself. Live and learn.
    I deal with Citizen's Bnk. Do you have one in your area? I spoke to a branch Manager 2 years ago... I told them I deal with foreign chks all the time. If you want me to stick with your bnk... will you waive the foreign chk BS? He said yes. It's not a one time thing either. There's something they added to my acct that automatically processes it for free. It also clears overnight. If I deposit on Monday. Tuesday morning it's all there... and clear.

Just trying to help you out.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    One wallet can have unlimited addresses. Use blockchain.info and don't send funds from coinbase to any bookie directly. I'd make a habit of always sending coins from your blockchain.info wallet in general actually.

edit airbitz will be the same way. Easy to make new addresses.
    so how do you create a new address for airbitz without creating a new wallet?

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Ahh from what I can see "Wallet" is used to mean "address" with airbitz. So yeah you'll have to make more than one like you thought.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Looks like you will need to create a blockchain wallet to get a new sendto address each time then forwad it on to your Airbitz wallet.

FAQ says they have no plans to implement more than one address per wallet.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Don't play there anyway. They suck

bigskings
    bigskings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Hi Kahn,

Everytime you hit request in the app, and email that address to your email, there will be a new address in airbitz. At least this is what happen for me.

Hope it helps

bigskings
    bigskings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Ahh from what I can see "Wallet" is used to mean "address" with airbitz. So yeah you'll have to make more than one like you thought.

This is def not true. Everytime I request money by sending the address via email inside the app, system generate a new address

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

Quote Originally Posted by Jliao4 View Post
    You'd be better served by using a deterministic bitcoin wallet that way the wallet will automatically generate a new address for each transaction and you don't have to keep track of anything except for the initial wallet seed. Two of the most popular wallets currently available are deterministic. This is of course referring to Mycelium on Android and Elctrum on Windows. I personally recommend Mycelium much more secure if you're not tech savvy and well versed in op-sec.

I use Electrum (Mac), never an issue. New address every transaction, sending or receiving.

That said, 3 days before notifying is bush league.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by bigskings View Post
    This is def not true. Everytime I request money by sending the address via email inside the app, system generate a new address
    no not my app. in order to generate a new address i need to create a new wallet each time.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Use a block chain wallet it's the best wallet anyways and they let you generate a new address with the click of a button.

mg63
    mg63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

Quote Originally Posted by bigskings View Post
    post a video please, 30 betpoints