firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trivia question wrong??

So I'm on the final question for the trivia today and it asks
    " who threw the first ceremonial pitch for the 2000 World Series"?
    i put bill Clinton vaguely remembering / guessing Lmaoo and it was wrong

I look it up 5-10 mins later just to see who the guy even was that they said did it and to my surprise Wikipedia has bill Clinton under the guy who threw the first pitch for 2000 World Series... wikapedia can be sketchy but was I right ? Or is my memory and wikapeda off lmao

cheers

SBR Genie
    SBR Genie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11946

Hi firekillex,

Yes, wikipedia states it was President Bill Clinton, but what disagree me is the place of the game held which state that is was on "Pacific Bell Park". The year 2000 world series games dated from October 21-26 of game 1-5 only held in two stadium, Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium. But if you can provide me more reliable sources to support your claim, I will gladly consider. Thanks!

firekillex

Hmmm i just knew bill Clinton was the most famous so I guessed him hahaha, Just checked online because I didn't know who the guy was who actually threw the pitch... all good though if I'm bored tonight I'll check it out a bit More but sure you're right

cheers happy New Years genie

SBR Genie
    SBR Genie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11946

Happy New Year to you as well, sir!

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Bill Clinton throw out the first ceremonial pitch for 2000 Opening Day Season.

The first ceremonial pitch for 2000 World Series (NY Mets vs NY Yanks) was Members of the New York Mets' 1986 World Series champions—catcher Gary Carter, first baseman Keith Hernandez, outfielders Lenny Dykstra and Mookie Wilson and pitcher Ron Darling—took part.

"Yanks' fans celebrate as Mets' mourn". USA Today. October 27, 2000. p. 6C. Briefly: Members of the New York Mets' 1986 World Series champions—catcher Gary Carter, first baseman Keith Hernandez, outfielders Lenny Dykstra and Mookie Wilson and pitcher Ron Darling—took part in the ceremonial first pitch.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: firekillex

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

^^

Those former Mets did it for game 5 -- Oct 26 - not for game 1. (game story pasted above - Oct 27)

Game 1 was Oct 21 in Yankee stadium

firekillex

so does anybody know who threw the first pitch game 1? its a mystery hahaha

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave koz-man 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.