LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Is this bet a loss?

Gaelle Baumann finished tenth so she didn't make the cut for the November Nine... I made the bet listed below here (it hasn't been graded yet) and although my initial thoughts, when I looked at the results of tournament the next morning, were "damn, I sure did get Opied on that stupid bet I made" after thinking about it is kindof gray...

"Final table" is fairly ambiguous as once play gets 10 handed they combine the two tables of five into the last single table (i.e. final table) where they play down till one gets knocked out for the November Nine for the tv shit... I looked at the WSOP updates and they list it there as the "unofficial final table" with the final nine being the "official final table"... I know that both pinnacle and bodog (where I'm fairly sure SBR copied it from) had the same bet but I thought it only had slight value (at best...) and I didn't put any real money on it so I have no clue how they graded it and can't recall if they even had it worded exactly the same... Thoughts?

Ticket#:1560016
    Jul 07 01:00 PM
    Internet / -1 Jul 04 10:35 PM TNT WSOP 2012: FEMALE TO MAKE IT TO FINAL TABLE?
    [1] YES +1000
    100.00 / 1000.00

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Pretty sure it's a loss. The WSOP has done this for years and even before the wait was until November it would combine at 10 and then break at 9 reaching the official final table that would return the next day.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

It is a lost, the final table are the last 9 players

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle credited both sides with a win....

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

both sides are correct. unless they said "official final table" both sides are correct

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    both sides are correct. unless they said "official final table" both sides are correct
    this

it should be graded a winner

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47531

I would argue it if they grade it a loss..

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

The WSOP has done this for a long time, so if the book didn't specify "November Nine" vs final table, it's their loss. I would say the last table is the final table as that's the way it always is, but it's the book's fault for not specifying.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

final table is 9 players. they are always talking about how many cashes and final tables a player has in the WSOP. you don't get to add one to your record at 10-handed.
    Points Awarded:

prop gave Kaabee 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Cmon guys at wsop 10th is the buble for the final table for every hold em event, you can argue with the bookie but Gaelle Baumann didnt make it to the final table.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

wsop main event FT is 9 players

thats the bottom line, but hope books pay it

**if the wsop doesnt give a player credit for making the main event FT in 10th place, then guess what? its not the FT
    Last edited by 5mike5; 07-21-12 at 12:40 PM.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

should be a win.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR graded both sides a win and will ensure props are more clearly worded in the future.

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    wsop main event FT is 9 players

thats the bottom line, but hope books pay it

**if the wsop doesnt give a player credit for making the main event FT in 10th place, then guess what? its not the FT
    Sorry but I don't think it is quite as clear cut as that... Look at almost any live update and you will see the WSOP quite frequently refers to both the "official" and "unofficial" final table in their updates... The reason they do that is because they define the final table statically in a way that wouldn't be logical based on the meaning of the words to someone outside the loop...

If I make bet should I required to go dig through an outside source to try determine how they define (or redefine) a term? If a book has a written rule explaining it I can see your point but, if their intent was to have the final table be the last nine, why not just specify that (or use the term "November Nine") so their isn't problems?

Would you like to make a bet that if the offer is used again next year won't repeat it with the same terms?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Pinnacle credited both sides with a win....
    Source?

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    SBR graded both sides a win and will ensure props are more clearly worded in the future.

I typed and posted my post before I saw your response...

Thanks Lou...